Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Week 2- Bengals vs. Ravens

Re: Week 2- Bengals vs. Ravens

The whole offense needs to play better.

2. Turn Off Ads?

If the Bengals are to have a shot at the postseason, they must win their next three games. The schedule becomes absolutely brutal after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Redhook View Post
    I agree 100%. And that's what really p****s me off. They were playing not to lose. They gave the Ravens so many chances to come back and win. This time, they got lucky. Next time, I don't know. You must knock a team out when you get a chance.
    This time they got lucky? That's the way the Bengals have played the past year or so and they are 8-0 against divisional teams. I really don't care how they do it, but if they continue with that winning percentage against Pitt, Baltimore, and Cleveland, mark me down as okay with it...
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    This time they got lucky? That's the way the Bengals have played the past year or so and they are 8-0 against divisional teams. I really don't care how they do it, but if they continue with that winning percentage against Pitt, Baltimore, and Cleveland, mark me down as okay with it...
    This strategy works fine in the AFC North, but when you play the big boys, it's not going to hold up. Peyton, Brady, Brees, etc., aren't going to make the stupid plays that Flacco made yesterday. I LOVE this defense, it's full of fire and intensity, and it takes on the personality of Mike Zimmer, but it's not going to be good enough to cover up the offense's repeated mistakes.

The thing that I just absolutely can not fathom is the repeated penalties, especially pre-snap penalties. False starts, delays of game, it's just mind boggling. The line has been together long enough now to where it shouldn't be that much of a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    This strategy works fine in the AFC North, but when you play the big boys, it's not going to hold up. Peyton, Brady, Brees, etc., aren't going to make the stupid plays that Flacco made yesterday. I LOVE this defense, it's full of fire and intensity, and it takes on the personality of Mike Zimmer, but it's not going to be good enough to cover up the offense's repeated mistakes.

The thing that I just absolutely can not fathom is the repeated penalties, especially pre-snap penalties. False starts, delays of game, it's just mind boggling. The line has been together long enough now to where it shouldn't be that much of a problem.
    You're spot on, in my opinion.

This strategy works fine in the AFC North, but when you play the big boys, it's not going to hold up.
    I agree with you to a certain extent, but the Steelers and Ravens are in that "big boys" group also imo, and the Bengals have to get through them for the right to play the others in the playoffs.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Didn't know if this had already been mentioned:
    @LionelLarry yeah boss, cracked rib but I'm good
    about 5 hours ago via Echofon in reply to LionelLarry

http://twitter.com/OGOchoCinco/statuses/25040815331

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    As for Carolina next week, there has been some rumblings that a QB change could happen with Jimmy Claussen taking over.

Think the Panthers would want to throw Claussen into the fire after our defense picked off Flacco four times?
    Guess my question was answered today.

Starting at QB for the Carolina Panthers:

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by Boss-Hog View Post
    You're spot on, in my opinion.
    Agreed X 10.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Absolutely 100 percent agree with you on the presnap penalties, those are ridiculous especially at home. But I don't agree with not including the Steelers and Ravens in the group of the big boys. The Jets got all the way to the AFC Championship game with a QB they wouldn't let throw more than five yards down the field.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

Carson looked like an old man yesterday. I know it's just one game, but he just 'looked' really bad (not to mention his consistently errant throws).

I hope he CAN pull it together b/c the Bengals are only going to go as far as #9 can take them.

Agree with cincrazy on the pre-snap penalties. Are they #1 in the NFL right now for pre-snap penalties? They've gotta be in the running.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Carson looked like an old man yesterday. I know it's just one game, but he just 'looked' really bad (not to mention his consistently errant throws).

I hope he CAN pull it together b/c the Bengals are only going to go as far as #9 can take them.

Agree with cincrazy on the pre-snap penalties. Are they #1 in the NFL right now for pre-snap penalties? They've gotta be in the running.
    Yeah, I have defended the guy for quite some time now but he just isn't right, be it physical, mental, whatever. If he doesn't get it together we are doomed and perhaps for quite some time.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

The real question is this: does Bratkowski make all the plays on his own or does Marvin have any say? I'd really like to know. What do they talk about after the game when they watch the tape together? Does Marvin question him or does he just accept the poor job Brat's doing?

Once again, I don't like Brat, but I don't put all the blame on him by a long-shot. I just don't understand how someone with the creativity of an infant sleeping in a car seat is in control of calling plays for an NFL team. It's something I just cannot comprehend. Nor ever will.

Where was the no-huddle this week? Why not throw a shuttle-pass to Bernard Scott once in a while? He is a weapon, why not use him? How about TO in Redzone? 3 and 6 on the 7-yard line and you throw a 2-yard pass? And not only that, it appeared to be planned to protect the big field goal. I could go on and on.

In my opinion, all of those instances, plus how undisciplined this team is, is what irritates me about the coaching staff. They just don't seem to have a clue. I'm liking the talent a lot this year, just not the captains leading the ship. Thank god Zimmer, the next Bengals head coach, is still around.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

The real question is this: does Bratkowski make all the plays on his own or does Marvin have any say? I'd really like to know. What do they talk about after the game when they watch the tape together? Does Marvin question him or does he just accept the poor job Brat's doing?

Once again, I don't like Brat, but I don't put all the blame on him by a long-shot. I just don't understand how someone with the creativity of an infant sleeping in a car seat is in control of calling plays for an NFL team. It's something I just cannot comprehend. Nor ever will.

Where was the no-huddle this week? Why not throw a shuttle-pass to Bernard Scott once in a while? He is a weapon, why not use him? How about TO in Redzone? 3 and 6 on the 7-yard line and you throw a 2-yard pass? And not only that, it appeared to be planned to protect the big field goal. I could go on and on.

In my opinion, all of those instances, plus how undisciplined this team is, is what irritates me about the coaching staff. They just don't seem to have a clue. I'm liking the talent a lot this year, just not the captains leading the ship. Thank god Zimmer, the next Bengals head coach, is still around.
    You may wonder why I'm so salty after a Bengals win. I love when they win, but I want this team to go all the way. It's the things listed above that will continue to hold this team back from taking it to the next level. I'm not satisfied with mediocrity. I want more.
    "....the two players I liked watching the most were Barry Larkin and Eric Davis. I was suitably entertained by their effortless skill that I didn't need them crashing into walls like a squirrel on a coke binge." - dsmith421

You may wonder why I'm so salty after a Bengals win. I love when they win, but I want this team to go all the way. It's the things listed above that will continue to hold this team back from taking it to the next level. I'm not satisfied with mediocrity. I want more.
    Additionally, with the end of the salary cap after this season, you have to wonder if the Bengals are going to dedicate the resources to compete for a Super Bowl. SoP's history of frugality suggests this is the last chance in a long time for the Bengals to accomplish something.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

Turn Off Ads?