Turn Off Ads?

Thread: 'Los Rojos' jerseys

'Los Rojos' jerseys

I'm not sure how I ended up stumbling along this but what do you guys think of this new alternative jerseys that will be worn a few times this year like on Hispanic heritage night or away when another team is doing the same thing?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 'Los Rojos' jerseys

I would rather it just said "Rojos". Seeing as they're just "Reds".

Do the Mets jerseys read "The Mets"? I'm not very well-versed in Spanish so maybe I'm wrong here.

Anyway it seems like a good promo for Latin Americans. I would buy one if it said "Rojos".
    Last edited by jhiller21; 01-18-2013 at 05:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jhiller21 View Post
    I would rather it just said "Rojos". Seeing as they're just "Reds".

Do the Mets jerseys read "The Mets"? I'm not very well-versed in Spanish so maybe I'm wrong here.

Anyway it seems like a good promo for Latin Americans. I would buy one if it said "Rojos".
    COMPLETELY agree...though for me, I just don't like the red jerseys. Call me a traditionalist, but I like home whites.

Salukifan2

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Rojos

I hope no one gets the wrong idea lol

I hate the red alternates. If they did a BRM era one that said Rojos in the wishbone C, I'd like them better. My biggest problem with it is the giant font makes it seem like they're trying as hard as possible to make it obvious it's not a normal jersey.

13 Belongs in Cooperstown Captain13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brittingham.Sam View Post
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Rojos

I hope no one gets the wrong idea lol
    Like when I was a kid and I soooo wanted to see the movie "Reds" with Warrent Beatty.
    What if this is as good as it gets?

I appreciate that they are trying to do something to honor the latin baseball community especially when we have some players from that background such as Cueto etc, but I agree the Jersey doesn't really seam to look like a true Reds jersey. I wish it was more like the home jerseys with something less bold than it looks with the Red jersey and large letters posted across the chest.
    "The dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price." -Vince Lombardi

Turn Off Ads?