Turn Off Ads?
Page 39 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

This team normally loses these types of games glad to see they came through in crunch time today. Really thought Baltimore would crush Pitts at home unfortunately Cam Cameron forgets who Ray Rice is from time to time unless he's playing the Bengals.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

2. Turn Off Ads?

We aren't out of the division race.

That was a good NFL football game, not the prettiest, but a good, competitive game against two pretty even teams. Three times of great field position were too much for the SD defense eventually. The Bengals D was incredible, only two field goals allowed. And that was after only a so-so first half.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Goodness. This team ha salvaged this season. I give them credit. I was BIG TIME down on them in the preseason, and for most of this season. But they haven't quit. Marvin still has the pulse of this team, which is amazing after all these years. Playoffs or not, Dalton and Co. are proving they're no fluke.

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Not yet but it would obviously be very tough. The Bengals would lose the Divisional tiebraker to Baltimore so to have a shot the Bengals would need to win out and the Ravens could only win one more game in their last four. Thanks to Detroit's meltdown, Cincinnati's playoff chances probably will come down to Week 16 at Pittsburgh.

Anyone know the tiebreaker situation with the Colts? Detroit blowing that game yesterday was killer. Indy still has Houston twice so I could see them losing two more games this year at most. Although Houston might be resting starters at some point.
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    Anyone know the tiebreaker situation with the Colts? Detroit blowing that game yesterday was killer. Indy still has Houston twice so I could see them losing two more games this year at most. Although Houston might be resting starters at some point.
    Indy still can win their division. The Colt's last 4 games are Tennessee, @Houston, @Kansas City, Houston. They played the AFC East this year. They have not played anybody in the AFC wildcard discussion. So it will come down to conference record I presume? I think Indy can win 2 of those games and perhaps three, depending on what Houston's situation might be. The Texans play at New England next week, if they win it, it pretty much assures them of having home field through out.

I'll assume (and I could be wrong) that since they didn't play and are not in the same division, the 1st tie breaker will be record vs AFC teams. The colts have lost 3 games vs AFC teams, and have only AFC teams left. The Bengals have 5 losses vs AFC teams, w 2 AFC games left.

I think we'd agree that the Bengals can afford 1 more loss at the most if they hope to win the WC. Lets say the lose is in the next 2 weeks (vs NFC team), that would mean the Colts would have to lose 2 more games in order to go to the next tie breaker (not sure what that is).

the steelers have 5 AFC losses as well and 3 AFC games left. If the Bengals win @ pittsburgh, they would then own the next tie breaker assuming they knock off baltimore at home (who may have nothing to play for at that point).

Assuming neither the Colts nor the Steelers spit the bit over the last 4, it would appear that they Bengals route to the playoffs will need a win in Pittsburgh as well as 2 more wins at a minimum.

The win yesterday was great, but the unexpected Steeler win, plus (presumably) getting toothlessraper back this weekend, plus the Colts last second win significantly limited the Bengals chances at a playoff spot even should they losse in Pittsburgh. At the height of the 4 game lossing streak, I was resigned to being dissapointed and questioning if Dalton was the long term answer or the long term stumbling block. Now, as long as they don't spit the bit over these last 4, and assuming they both take care of their own and have another solid draft this offseason, I think the long term is looking as strong as I can remember.

Again, assuming they can take care of their own, they have steady QB play at worst, a potentially great WR core, great depth across the offensive line, an outstanding defensive line and lots of depth at corner, perhaps even stellar play at corner depending on how Leon Hall continues to recover and what Dre gives him at Corner moving forward. They need to add a RB w/ game breaking ability, definently need to improve the depth and quality at lineback and safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    Indy still can win their division. The Colt's last 4 games are Tennessee, @Houston, @Kansas City, Houston. They played the AFC East this year. They have not played anybody in the AFC wildcard discussion. So it will come down to conference record I presume? I think Indy can win 2 of those games and perhaps three, depending on what Houston's situation might be. The Texans play at New England next week, if they win it, it pretty much assures them of having home field through out.
    I think all Bengals' fans agree, that we want Houston playing for "something" that last weekend, while the Ravens have nothing to play for that weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I think all Bengals' fans agree, that we want Houston playing for "something" that last weekend, while the Ravens have nothing to play for that weekend.
    I understand. There are a few scenarios that can be played out. But then, that is why they play the games.

Of course in a potentially interesting twist, for Houston to have nothing to play for on the final football sunday, the colts likely have to lose to them in 2 weeks. I'll assume colts fans would prefer to beat the Texans in 2 weeks and take their chances on the final Sunday of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    Of course in a potentially interesting twist, for Houston to have nothing to play for on the final football sunday, the colts likely have to lose to them in 2 weeks. I'll assume colts fans would prefer to beat the Texans in 2 weeks and take their chances on the final Sunday of the season.
    As Bengal fans, I don't even think we should look at the Colts spot. The idea is to take the #6 spot and get in. It's the Pittsburgh spot that we covet and if we lose to them twice then we don't deserve it

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    Yeah the Ravens have a doozy of a December. @Redskins, Broncos, Giants and @Bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    As Bengal fans, I don't even think we should look at the Colts spot. The idea is to take the #6 spot and get in. It's the Pittsburgh spot that we covet and if we lose to them twice then we don't deserve it
    I aint much of a Bengals fan.......but I hate the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I aint much of a Bengals fan.......but I hate the Steelers.
    The enemy of my enemy is also my friend (or something like that)

Turn Off Ads?