Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Cadillac XLR?

Re: The Cadillac XLR?

Quote Originally Posted by RFS62 View Post
    Ya know, the day that a hot young babe can't drive around in an XLR, well, that's when the terrorists have finally won.

You go, girl. Do it for your country.

Right! She bought it for our country! She came to town today and let me drive it. I'm not a car fanatic, but it was a fantastic drive. I took a picture of it with my phone but have no idea how to post it.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Spitball View Post
    Right! She bought it for our country! She came to town today and let me drive it. I'm not a car fanatic, but it was a fantastic drive. I took a picture of it with my phone but have no idea how to post it.
    What color is it?

Score Early, Score Often gonelong's Avatar

Single, no kids? Buying the car you really, really want is a not that hard a decision. If worse comes to worse you buy a bit smaller house in the future and it'll all even up.

Glad she went for it.

GL

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    What color is it?
    It is black with black interior. I need to figure out how to post a picture of it. It is very impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by gonelong View Post
    Single, no kids? Buying the car you really, really want is a not that hard a decision. If worse comes to worse you buy a bit smaller house in the future and it'll all even up.

Glad she went for it.

GL
    I have been passing along the suggestions and comments from this thread, and I know she will appreciate these words of support.
    "I am your child from the future. I'm sorry I didn't tell you this earlier." - Dylan Easton

It is black with black interior. I need to figure out how to post a picture of it. It is very impressive.
    That's going to be hot in more ways than one in the summer but when cleaned up they sure loof sharp. In addition to being hot, I don't like how black cars show dirt and dust.

Is it a stick shift or an automatic?

No question it's a splurge but life would be boring without a few of those every now and then.

It has a 6-speed automatic transmission.

The black is deep and rich, but you are right about it showing the dirt. When I saw her Sunday, I warned her about automatic carwashes, but she said she gets free washes from the dealer. I guess they should know how to protect a paint job.

Btw, I think I said it was a 2009, but it is actually a 2007.

It has a 6-speed automatic transmission.

The black is deep and rich, but you are right about it showing the dirt. When I saw her Sunday, I warned her about automatic carwashes, but she said she gets free washes from the dealer. I guess they should know how to protect a paint job.

Btw, I think I said it was a 2009, but it is actually a 2007.
    Unless she got the supercharged engine, her XLR has a 4.6 liter Cadillac Northstar V-8 making 320 HP.
    Yes, a black vehicle is tough to keep clean. A black car looks terrific when it is clean but so, so tough to keep that way.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Retired

$40k is a steep price if it's a 2007, even if it is the supercharged model. I hope it's got really low miles.

I believe it is supercharged and has about 35 thousand miles. Here is the video the dealer had posted.

YouTube - 2007 Cadillac XLR Little Rock AR - by EveryCarListed.com

The car has a V badge, so I assume it's the supercharged.
    All models are wrong. Some of them are useful.

I believe it is supercharged and has about 35 thousand miles. Here is the video the dealer had posted.

YouTube - 2007 Cadillac XLR Little Rock AR - by EveryCarListed.com
    It is supercharged, so it had 443 HP from the factory. Nice ride.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

This is her car at the drag races in Centerville, Arkansas. It won every race with her boyfriend driving. She is in the passenger seat in this photo.
    Last edited by Spitball; 02-21-2011 at 12:05 AM.

https://mail.conwaycorp.net/horde/im...b907d842e623e9

This is her car at the drag races in Centerville, Arkansas. It easily won every race with her boyfriend driving. She is in the passenger seat in this photo.
    Never mind the photo. She e-mailed it to me but apparently the link takes you to my log in site.

Here it is. It took me a few tries, but I finally figured out how to post a picture.
    Last edited by Spitball; 02-21-2011 at 03:13 PM.

Turn Off Ads?