Turn Off Ads?
Page 28 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1824252627282930313238 ... LastLast

Thread: Indiana Basketball

Re: Indiana Basketball 2011-2012 Part II

Quote Originally Posted by RedFanAlways1966 View Post
    What I found amazing is that Wisconsin has beaten Indiana 11 straight games... incl. 5 straight at Assembly Hall. For whatever reason they just seem to have IU's (and Crean's) number.
    The game plan against Indiana appears to have been written. Take care of the ball, keep pace of the game down, and be physical with outside shooters, even at the expense of letting front court players score and/or leaving Farrell alone to shoot.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Revering4Blue View Post
    #2 in the country? IU didn't even look like the #2 team in the YMCA league tonight. There are zero positives to take away from this game.

If this bench doesn't start producing more than 2 or 3 points per game, the likelihood for a special season will be out the window.
    Sheehey will wake up from his funk, but the lack of development from Perrea and Hollowell is really hurting IU. Elston being hurt for all but 10 minutes this year hasn't helped.
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Just learned of this upset. Man, Wisconsin seemed to be in a down year by their standards, had 4 non-conference losses, but is now 4-0 in the Big 10. Craziness. It is looking like a free for all this year. But still it will come down to win 'em all at home and win half your road games will put you on top in the end.

The conference tournament should be one of the most competitive in its history, seeding may mean very little this year.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Their defensive rotations were as bad as I've ever seen them. I can't remember how many times IU would trap and then leave the easiest pass open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Looking at the rest of IU's schedule, there could be several more losses, good losses, but losses none the less.

They still have OSU twice and Michigan twice off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Looking at the rest of IU's schedule, there could be several more losses, good losses, but losses none the less.

They still have OSU twice and Michigan twice off the top of my head.
    Oh yeah, the back end of the B1G is brutal for pretty much all the leaders. From 1/27 to 3/10 IU plays MSU twice, OSU twice, Michigan twice, and goes to Illinois and Minnesota.

From what I remembered, Almost all of the B1G heavyweights have a more back loaded schedule. For example; Michigan State hosts Minnesota, Michigan, and Indiana, and Wisconsin and travel to Ohio State and Michigan among their last 9 games.

The Buckeyes travel to Michigan, Indiana, and Wisconsin, and host Indiana, Michigan, Minnesot and Illinois among their last 9.

And on and on...

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

I can point my finger at a lot of things I see wrong. But I wont. The most alarming me thing to me is their struggles against quality opponents of which they are 2-2 against. I have no qualms against the Butler loss. But their performance against G-town and Wiscy was pitiful as was the 2nd half in the Minny game where they dang near blew a 30 point lead. Keep in mind that Wiscy then went on the road and laid an egg, and Minny is in a funk as well. I dunno.......but the season starts today.

Good enough start to the season.

I think saying Wisconsin followed up the win against IU by laying an egg and/or Minnesota playing poorly before or after the IU game somewhat misses the point.

Game to game teams can be completely different.
    IU is good enough to beat anyone in the country, and is vulnerable to probably any of the top 60 to beat them. I think that's true of anyone in the game.

Butler beats Gonzaga on a last second shot, then loses on a last second shot to Lasalle.

Villanova has both lost to Columbia and beaten Louisville and Syracuse.

Oregon is undefeated in Pac-12, but has lost to UTEP.

NC State beat Duke and lost to Wake Forest.

Best as I can tell, Kansas is the only team in top 10 thus far to have not lost to anyone outside the top 25.

I cant disagree with anything you said there concerning the atmosphere right now.

BTW.....I havent looked at everyone in the Top Ten, but Michigan's lone loss was at Ohio State.

Quote Originally Posted by Assembly Hall View Post
    I cant disagree with anything you said there concerning the atmosphere right now.

BTW.....I havent looked at everyone in the Top Ten, but Michigan's lone loss was at Ohio State.

Right you are. I knew as I was writing it that I was overlooking one team.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    Right you are. I knew as I was writing it that I was overlooking one team.
    No biggie bro.....as I said I didnt study the top ten and what I posted was off the top of my head.

It's funny how Tom Crean only loves shaking hands when his team wins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhHt_niPrGo

Whenever he loses it's the sore loser blow by. Maybe he learned that from a Harbaugh?

BTW: I love Thad Matta's reaction there.

Hell, here I was afraid the breeze from Crean running past him was gonna knock down poor Bo Ryan.

http://btn.com/2013/01/15/tom-crean-...ied-handshake/

Crean should learn to shake hands the same way whether he wins or loses. Very poor sportsmanship.
    Last edited by WMR; 01-28-2013 at 11:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

Whenever he loses it's the sore loser blow by. Maybe he learned that from a Harbaugh?

Hell, here I was afraid the breeze from Crean running past him was gonna knock down poor Bo Ryan.

Crean should learn to shake hands the same way whether he wins or loses. Very poor sportsmanship.
    If the post game handshake is the worse thing about Crean's days at IU, I'd say we'll be in pretty good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    If the post game handshake is the worse thing about Crean's days at IU, I'd say we'll be in pretty good shape.
    Nah, the worst thing is coming up in about a month and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post

There's actually a very good reason for that and you're going to feel silly after I let you in on the secret.

Tom has a rare disease that causes his body to evacuate itself like he died as soon as the final horn sounds a loss. The other Big Ten coaches are aware of this. So you see the "blow bys" are a courtesy to them. You do not want to be anywhere near Crean for more than a second before he's showered after a loss.

He spent nearly his entire salary on suits his first two seasons.

You can apologize anytime you like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Razor Shines; 01-28-2013 at 12:21 PM.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Turn Off Ads?