Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Who's the leadoff hitter?

Re: Who's the leadoff hitter?

Bako!
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Anyone notice that Votto has zero walks this year? Zero. His OBP is below .300. He is young and will improve, but he's not a leadoff hitter for this team.

Keppinger must be the leadoff hitter on this team. He is the best hitter on the team right now, except from a power perspective. High OBP, high average. Get him on base early and often, and more runs will score.

Normally I don't like Dunn at #2 because it emphasizes his walks and not his power. But nobody will pitch to Dunn this year. So put him at 2 ahead of Griffey and maybe he gets something to hit.

So I start with Kepp, Dunn, Griffey. Then, at the fourth spot, I put the hottest guy available. Right now, EE is hot so it's him.

Phillips and Patterson should be lower in the lineup. Patterson has only struck out four times so I think his bat will come around. Some bad luck. But he's still not a leadoff hitter.

Phillips needs to stop trying to hit balls into orbit. He will get back on track once he adjusts. Until then, he's a fifth or sixth place hitter. Put him sixth to break up the lefties.

So where I come out is Kepp, Dunn, Griffey, EE (while hot), Votto, Phillips (while cold), Patterson, Bako, pitcher.

And the pitcher hits ninth. You only hit the pitcher 8th if you think your pinch hitters are better than your ninth place position player. The Reds don't have great pinch hitters so I don't hit the pitcher 8th.
    Last edited by Kc61; 04-21-2008 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    Anyone notice that Votto has zero walks this year? Zero. His OBP is below .300. He is young and will improve, but he's not a leadoff hitter for this team.

Keppinger must be the leadoff hitter on this team. He is the best hitter on the team right now, except from a power perspective. High OBP, high average. Get him on base early and often, and more runs will score.

Normally I don't like Dunn at #2 because it emphasizes his walks and not his power. But nobody will pitch to Dunn this year. So put him at 2 ahead of Griffey and maybe he gets something to hit.

So I start with Kepp, Dunn, Griffey. Then, at the fourth spot, I put the hottest guy available. Right now, EE is hot so it's him.

Phillips and Patterson should be lower in the lineup. Patterson has only struck out four times so I think his bat will come around. Some bad luck. But he's still not a leadoff hitter.

Phillips needs to stop trying to hit balls into orbit. He will get back on track once he adjusts. Until then, he's a fifth or sixth place hitter. Put him sixth to break up the lefties.

So where I come out is Kepp, Dunn, Griffey, EE (while hot), Votto, Phillips (while cold), Patterson, Bako, pitcher.

And the pitcher hits ninth. You only hit the pitcher 8th if you think your pinch hitters are better than your ninth place position player. The Reds don't have great pinch hitters so I don't hit the pitcher 8th.
    That's the exact same lineup I had in another thread. Dunn will see a ton of fastballs in the #2 spot with Jr. and the currently white hot EE following. Votto while not walking IS hitting, so boom, he's the #5 hitter. The rest slot just as you have it.

Of course, it'll never happen.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Bako!
    Well...he is having a career year
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Vs LH:
    Keppinger
    Encarnacion
    Griffey
    Phillips
    Dunn
    Patterson
    Votto
    Ross
    P

Vs RH:
    Keppinger
    Votto
    Griffey
    Phillips
    Dunn
    Votto
    Bruce
    Bako
    P

You cannot defeat an ignorant man in an argument!
    -William Gibbs McAdoo

Though many of us here are sure trying

Quote Originally Posted by coachw513 View Post
    Vs LH:
    Keppinger
    Encarnacion
    Griffey
    Phillips
    Dunn
    Patterson
    Votto
    Ross
    P

Vs RH:
    Keppinger
    Votto
    Griffey
    Phillips
    Dunn
    Votto
    Bruce
    Bako
    P
    I'm not sure the rules allow Votto batting twice like that.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Turn Off Ads?