Turn Off Ads?
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 9495556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Will post for food BuckeyeRedleg's Avatar

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    At the time of the 4th and 22 I just assumed Marvin had no faith in a FG over 50 yards at Heinz, which would be totally understandable since long field goals aren't made there. On the 35 I just figured he was okay with Pitt getting the ball there and not risking a net 15 yard punt...so go ahead and throw it down field and if it's intercepted who cares. Worst case scenario they get the ball at the 35, a missed FG would give them a little better field position.
    I don't know. The odds are much better you pin them inside the 20 (fair catch at the 10, maybe even a good bounce inside the 5) then converting a 4th and 22.

As you said, worst case the punt is a touchback and it 's a 15 yard net, but at least you'd still have Pittsburgh backed up in a low scoring/field position type of game. Not getting it on 4th and 22 you give Pittsburgh pretty decent field position.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    I don't know. The odds are much better you pin them inside the 20 (fair catch at the 10, maybe even a good bounce inside the 5) then converting a 4th and 22.

As you said, worst case the punt is a touchback and it 's a 15 yard net, but at least you'd still have Pittsburgh backed up in a low scoring/field position type of game. Not getting it on 4th and 22 you give Pittsburgh pretty decent field position.
    Oh I agree that you should punt there, just trying to think along with Marvin lol. The way the defenses were playing I think both coaches knew something crazy was going to win the game.

Well, Bengals are locked into the 6th seed even if Colts lose as far as I can tell. That means the Bengals either face Denver, Houston, or New England depending on the results of next week's games.

All of them are flawed, but if I had to choose, I'd pick Houston.
    Thank goodness for baseball.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Mike Zimmer deserves NFL's Coach of the Year

Quote Originally Posted by PickOff View Post
    Well, Bengals are locked into the 6th seed even if Colts lose as far as I can tell. That means the Bengals either face Denver, Houston, or New England depending on the results of next week's games.

All of them are flawed, but if I had to choose, I'd pick Houston.
    There's an outside chance Baltimore could jump to 3 and play the Bengals back-to-back weeks. With the Bengals having nothing to play for next week, I'd imagine they'll run as vanilla a scheme as possible to avoid showing the Ravens anything interesting just in case they play again right away, plus give plenty of rest to the starters.

All I can say is "God Bless the Cincinnati Bengals for ending the Squealers season, AND DOING SO IN PITTSBURGH!"

I loved watching the empty expressions on the Steeler sideline as the game became final.

Can't wait to get to work this morning and really give it to a buddy of mine who is one of the biggest, arrogant, loud-mouths, when it comes to the Steelers. He comes to work every day and mocks Bengal and Brown fans (and also Red fans).... so he deserves it!

"revenge is a dish best served cold" LOL
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I wear Elly colored glass WrongVerb's Avatar

Ok, folks...things to love about Marvin Lewis:

He's a fantastic evaluator of talent
    He gets a great deal out of that talent
    He puts together a solid game plan
    He motivates his team to win

Now, if they could just lock him up in a windowless room with no communication devices for the three hours or so from the start of the game to the end of the game, he'd be perfect. His in-game decisions are just...just...mind blowing. It's like he's trying to out-clever himself or something.
    Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark. In our obscurity, in all this vastness, there is no hint that help will come from elsewhere to save us from ourselves. -- Carl Sagan (Pale Blue Dot)

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRedleg View Post
    The 56 yard FG attempt was stupid, but what possible explanation could Marvin have for going for it on 4th and 22?
    Hey, don't forget the 3rd and 1 Hail Mary.
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

The pride is back. Assembly Hall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Danny Serafini View Post
    There's an outside chance Baltimore could jump to 3 and play the Bengals back-to-back weeks. With the Bengals having nothing to play for next week, I'd imagine they'll run as vanilla a scheme as possible to avoid showing the Ravens anything interesting just in case they play again right away, plus give plenty of rest to the starters.
    You are right. I think if the Pats lose and Ravens win, Baltimore gets the 3 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    That's on Gruden or Dalton.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by Ohayou View Post
    I actually liked that call, Green was open and Dalton missed him. I had no faith in our running game picking up that 1 yard.

Is it just me or is the defense always better when Pat Sims is healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by Stray View Post
    I actually liked that call, Green was open and Dalton missed him. I had no faith in our running game picking up that 1 yard.
    Go ahead and pass for it, just a higher percentage selection. A slant, a quick out, a QB draw for that matter. The most frustrating part of it for me is that they get the first down there and they were one first down away from FG range. Such a low percentage pass on 3rd and 1 was not a very smart call.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    Is it just me or is the defense always better when Pat Sims is healthy?
    Yep. I don't know if it's him specifically being better than the two starting DT's. But a healthy Sims is such an improvement over the other reserve DT's that there's a direct impact of playing over them and an indirect impact in the coaches being more willing to rotate Peko and Atkins which helps keep them fresher.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Team is loaded with young talent and built for a run. Unfortunately it's a team that is going to get expensive quick, part of me is glad they haven't been big players in FA another part is worried Mike Brown will balk at paying out contracts. Johnson, Rey, and Andre Smith are free agents after the season, with Dunlap, Atkins, Green and Dalton on the horizon. It will be interesting to see what transpires in the coming months for extensions.
    Last edited by KoryMac5; 12-24-2012 at 05:27 PM.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Turn Off Ads?