Turn Off Ads?
Page 34 of 43 FirstFirst ... 24303132333435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Xavier Basketball

Re: Xavier Basketball

The A-10 also has 13 teams now compared to 10 in the Big East. And they'll likely end with about the same number of bids. Also, the A-10 does not have any contenders like Creighton or Villanova. SLU was looking like they might be a pretty high seed until they lost at home to Duquesne. How does that happen?

Xavier/Dayton in a play-in game? Blech.

2. Turn Off Ads?

I turned on the tv and Stainbrook was screaming in the camera. I should have turned it off right then, but had hope they'd win. I hope we play them in the BE tourney so we can hammer them by 45 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    The A-10 also has 13 teams now compared to 10 in the Big East. And they'll likely end with about the same number of bids. Also, the A-10 does not have any contenders like Creighton or Villanova. SLU was looking like they might be a pretty high seed until they lost at home to Duquesne. How does that happen?

Xavier/Dayton in a play-in game? Blech.
    And how many is that? 3?

4 or 5. One may end up with 4 and the other 5. But it will be close. Not that I think Lunardi's word is gospel, but just using his projections as an indicator, he had three Big East teams among the first 8 out in his projections yesterday. So the Big East could have 3, or it could have 6. But it will probably be someone between the two.

SLU was looking like they might be a pretty high seed until they lost at home to Duquesne. How does that happen?
    How does xavier lose to Seton Hall, twice?

How does Ohio State lose to Penn St., twice?

It happens, not too many teams who don't have bad losses on their resume. If St. Louis makes a run in the conference tourney, I doubt that loss to Duquense will impact their seed much.

Seton Hall is horriterribad. Penn State isn't very good, either. But Duquesne at home?!? Duquesne? This isn't even one of those Ron Everhart decent every now and then Duquesne teams.

And SLU is supposed to be much better than Ohio State and Xavier, so it's still not really the same thing. That was a total head scratcher.

Seton Hall is horriterribad. Penn State isn't very good, either. But Duquesne at home?!? Duquesne? This isn't even one of those Ron Everhart decent every now and then Duquesne teams.

And SLU is supposed to be much better than Ohio State and Xavier, so it's still not really the same thing. That was a total head scratcher.
    Gotta love college basketball! This is why our wives and little girls (daughters) routinely beat us in March Madness...

9. Likes:

Revering4Blue (03-04-2014)

Big Game tonight. I will enjoy watching from a bar stool. I should probably go to the game, though. I'm 3-0, all big games, Tennessee, Georgetown, Creighton.

uRG

I was not particularly hopeful going into last night.

A win next Thursday would be huge.

I think I'd most like to play Marquette, then St. Johns, then Georgetown in that order. I think Marquette is bad offensively still and we can out score them on a neutral floor. Hopefully a lot of bubble teams start losing!

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    I think I'd most like to play Marquette, then St. Johns, then Georgetown in that order. I think Marquette is bad offensively still and we can out score them on a neutral floor. Hopefully a lot of bubble teams start losing!
    Gardner will be unstoppable with Stainbrook on the bench. I want no part of Marquette.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Gardner will be unstoppable with Stainbrook on the bench. I want no part of Marquette.
    You can't always get what you want. Xavier plays Marquette on Thursday.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    He can be double teamed and otherwise mitigated with team defense. Most important is rebounding. If he goes for 15 points with 15 rebounds, that's a big problem. I expect a sharp Xavier team, and a game decided in the last 3 minutes with key rebounds and defense. GO X.

Tough year for the Warriors. Buzz was caught flatfooted when Vander unexpectedly turned pro and he's never been able to make adjustments. Davante's a good man but they have not been able to get him the ball consistently.

Re Marquette/Xavier- wouldn't be surprised to see a third straight double overtime game. Wouldn't be surprised to see St John's win the tourney either.

Turn Off Ads?