Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ron Mexico Busted!

Ron Mexico Busted!

This might have worked six months ago, but I guess no one told Ron Mexico about the strict new airline rules on bottled liquids.
    http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald...s/16485192.htm
    NFL star's water bottle draws suspicion at MIASecurity screeners at Miami International Airport called police after Michael Vick left a water bottle that smelled of marijuana.
    By EVAN S. BENN
    ebenn@MiamiHerald.com

Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick was reluctant to throw away his water bottle at a Miami International Airport security checkpoint Wednesday morning.

The reason, police say: The 20-ounce plastic bottle had a secret compartment that had a dark residue and a pungent odor of marijuana. Vick boarded his 8:20 a.m. AirTran flight to Atlanta before screeners called police. Now, Miami-Dade police are examining the bottle and could charge him if it tests positive for drugs.

Police notified the National Football League about the investigation, Miami Herald news partner WFOR-CBS4 reported. Joel Segal, Vick's agent, declined to comment late Wednesday.

According to a Miami-Dade police report, here's what happened:

Vick, 26, balked when security at the Concourse G checkpoint asked him to surrender his water bottle, which had an Aquafina label. Security regulations prohibit travelers from carrying bottles with more than 3 ounces of liquid through checkpoints.

Eventually, Vick left the bottle behind and went to his gate. But his initial reluctance aroused the suspicion of Transportation Security Administration screener Gertrude Joseph. She pulled the bottle out of a recycle bin and notified her supervisor when she discovered its hidden compartment.

Screeners told police they recognized Vick as the pro football player, and they were certain it was his water bottle because they saw him throw it away and it was the only water bottle in the recycle bin.

Miami-Dade police reviewed surveillance video from the checkpoint and said it corroborated the screeners' version of events. They also confirmed Vick was a passenger on AirTran Flight 338 from Miami to Atlanta.

The bottle had a clear partition in the middle, separating the bottle into two compartments. An online spy-equipment retailer lists an Aquafina Water Bottle Diversion Safe for $15. ''It has room for more than just water,'' according to metrospysupply.com. ``Twist and pull the bottle in half to reveal a hidden compartment.''

In his report, Miami-Dade Det. Kevin Kozak wrote: ``The concealed compartment contained a small amount of dark particulate and a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana. The top half contained a small amount of clear liquid. When held upright the bottle appeared to be half full of water.''

Vick, the top NFL draft pick in 2001, is the older brother of Miami Dolphins wide receiver Marcus Vick and second cousin of Oakland Raiders quarterback Aaron Brooks.

Vick is known for his ability to elude defenders and make dazzling runs. He is third on the NFL's all-time rushing list for quarterbacks, running for more than 1,000 yards this past season.

Vick is two years into a 10-year, $130 million contract with the Falcons.

Vick made headlines when he flipped his middle finger to booing fans after a Nov. 26 home loss to the New Orleans Saints. The league fined him $10,000, and he agreed to give another $10,000 to charity.

Miami Herald staff writers Armando Salguero and Gladys Amador, and Brian Andrews, a reporter with Miami Herald news partner WFOR-CBS4, contributed to this report.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Ron Mexico Busted!

Those darn terrorists are sure making it hard on America's drug smugglers.
    Makes all the routine posts.

Michael Vick smokes pot?!? Who would've thunk it?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

The story nears Whizanater level.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

From metrospusupply.com:

The aquafina diversion safe looks like the real thing using real water, but this aquafina water has a twist. It has room for more than just water. Twist and pull the bottle in half to reveal a hidden compartment and push and twist to lock it in place. Hand made for a precision fit to keep you secret safe
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Who doesn't have one of those that they take onto a plane?
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Pretty easy for a well trained screener to detect. As Red Leader related they sell them online.

Here's my question: With a 130 million dollar contract, why the hell is Mike Vick flying commercial? He should at least have a time share on a private jet or something.

Passion for the game Team Clark's Avatar

Just kills me. All he had to do was just oblige. "Oh this...Just water...No problem, I'll just throw it away"... Like he can't afford to have one of his cronies go out and buy more "stuff" for him. No one ever said these guys were SMART.
    It's absolutely pathetic that people can't have an opinion from actually watching games and supplementing that with stats. If you voice an opinion that doesn't fit into a black/white box you will get completely misrepresented and basically called a tobacco chewing traditionalist...
    Cedric 3/24/08

Quote Originally Posted by Team Clark View Post
    Just kills me. All he had to do was just oblige. "Oh this...Just water...No problem, I'll just throw it away"... Like he can't afford to have one of his cronies go out and buy more "stuff" for him. No one ever said these guys were SMART.
    No kidding.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Between this and the "Ron Mexico" incident, I'd say Michael Vick's dreds are wound too tightly.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

I wonder if the NFL is now going to have to ban customized Falcons jerseys with "Smokey McPot" on the back.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

smells of rich mahogany deltachi8's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    I wonder if the NFL is now going to have to ban customized Falcons jerseys with "Smokey McPot" on the back.
    Nothing to see here. Please disperse.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Michael Vick smokes marijuana?

Have you ever listened to him talk or seen him in a press conference? He always looks/sounds stoned.

He needs to share the love!!

And like he had to bring his own stash with him because there was no way in the world he would be able to score some weed where he was going. It's dry as a bone there....

Turn Off Ads?