Turn Off Ads?

Thread: I'm Getting Tired of the Animosity....

I'm Getting Tired of the Animosity....

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Given the current roster make up and players available in Triple-A, I feel safe saying that I can't name a single manager, alive or dead, that would have this team any better than .500 +/- 1 game.

This bullpen isn't very talented and this lineup isn't very consistent. I don't care how good Hamilton is (and he is pretty damn good) -- when you've got a Rule V guy as an everyday player, that speaks volumes about the state of your franchise.

AMEN to that.... I can't stand the fact that everyone thinks THIS IS OUR YEAR.... We had some great luck last year, and as loyal as a fan I am, I knew this year was not going to be our year. I will still watch every game. I will still drive 2+ hours to the games on the weekends. And you know why?

BECAUSE IMA REDS FAN!

It is very natural to disagree with every decision the Reds management makes!

If managing/GM-ing a team were easy, then the Yankees would win every year? Can you imagine being a Yankees fan? Can you imagine starting every year with a "head start" yet still failing everytime (at least in this millenieum (sp?)).

Guys, we are Reds Fans. A lot of you are bigger fans than I am, but I am yet to MEET SOME ONE IN PERSON who is a bigger fan than me. But people need to be realistic. I follow every pitch of every game. I SCREAM when we win a game on the road by one and it means we will be down by 5.5 games on a tuesday. It doesn't matter. All I know is that when we win that next championship, it will have been worth every second (dollar) that I have put into this team.

This is the one Professional Franchise that I truly care about, and I hope people realize that baseball is a very difficult and imperfect game, but a game that I love.

A lot of you (including me) scour this board hoping in the offseason that we just signed a Carlos Lee/Alfonso Soriano. I was SOO excited for opening day. No matter what happened this year, I could not wait for Reds baseball. I still feel the same way.

We are going to lose games this year. More than we are going to win probably (not being pessimistic (sp?), just realistic.) I will still be here in September and I know you guys will too. I'm just sick of the melt down after every loss.

I will be around at the games this weekend.... If any RedZoners want to meet up I am all for it....

GO REDS!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I'm Getting Tired of the Animosity....

Heck... it's only April. Wait till the end of May when many 'zoners will be standing on top of buildings. If you can make it till the end of the season you get a patch.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

It's funny how so many people said there was no way that the Reds could win with this team and are now calling for Jerry Narron's head because they are not winning. This is the most fickle bunch on Redszone yet.

I disagree with your entire premise, which is the Reds aren't that good,and we ought to be happy with what we've got. The Reds match up very well position by position with every team in the division, with clear superiority over Pitsburgh, Houston, and St. Louis in almost every postion except closer.
    I don't think people are unrealistic or fickle when they question a manager's decisions. The Manager takes over strategy toward the end of the game, and you've got to wonder why Weathers and Stanton get so many choice situations to blow when guys that have been lights out like Santos are hidden. Coffee looked to have pretty good stuff last night, and was in a groove. Stanton really hadn't pitched in a while. So you take out the pitcher in a grove and put in a cold arm, who triggered a loss.
    This team should be one or two games above .500, and managerial decisions are directly responsible.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Heck... it's only April. Wait till the end of May when many 'zoners will be standing on top of buildings. If you can make it till the end of the season you get a patch.
    Oooh. I want one! I want one!

Is it like the "Croix de Candestick" buttons they used to give out? Or is it a sew on patch? Do you get additional "season bars" for each season you make it through?
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Help out your fellow 'Zoner...

She used to wake me up with coffee ever morning

Zoinks!

I love the RZ glee club

Quote Originally Posted by Rotater Cuff View Post
    I disagree with your entire premise, which is the Reds aren't that good,and we ought to be happy with what we've got. The Reds match up very well position by position with every team in the division, with clear superiority over Pitsburgh, Houston, and St. Louis in almost every postion except closer.
    I don't think people are unrealistic or fickle when they question a manager's decisions. The Manager takes over strategy toward the end of the game, and you've got to wonder why Weathers and Stanton get so many choice situations to blow when guys that have been lights out like Santos are hidden. Coffee looked to have pretty good stuff last night, and was in a groove. Stanton really hadn't pitched in a while. So you take out the pitcher in a grove and put in a cold arm, who triggered a loss.
    This team should be one or two games above .500, and managerial decisions are directly responsible.
    I have never thought that the '07 Reds were going to be as bad as so many predicted, but there are a lot of things that have to go right for this team to compete for a title. I am never one to sit back and be happy with mediocrity, but I also try to be realistic in my evaluation. Managing a pitching staff is not an easy proposition. We are never privy to the things that the manager is privy to. "My arm feels tired, my elbow is inflamed, I am puking before the game because I had one too many last night, I can't pitch on consecutive days, this guy has never been able to get this hitter out, the matchup is going to change if I make a change or leave him in................" It's fairly easy to sit here and question every move, but you don't have the whole story most of the time.

The bullpen is underachieving right now. Guys are on this roster because they need to produce. If they can't, I think the Reds are in a much better position, this season, to call up some guys that can. It is the first of May. The leash should get much shorter, middle to end of this month. You simply can't over-react after every loss or bad outing.

Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    I love the RZ glee club

That should be the theme song of a large group of Redzoners!

Zoinks!

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    That should be the theme song of a large group of Redzoners!
    I find myself humming it when I read some of them

Quote Originally Posted by minus5 View Post
    I love the RZ glee club

I just got a funny thought. Aren't all of those guys dead? I had to chuckle since we're talking about loyalty in some form here and we get a picture of 4 obscure country artists and they're all dead. The similarity between...aw, you get it .
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

Quote Originally Posted by RANDY IN CHAR NC View Post
    It's funny how so many people said there was no way that the Reds could win with this team and are now calling for Jerry Narron's head because they are not winning. This is the most fickle bunch on Redszone yet.
    Heck, I never thought they could win 90 games and agree with you even though it includes me. Of course, it looks better in the morning than it does after another frustrating loss.

Like you said in another post, a lot of things have to go well for this team to win consistantly. And right now, they are not going well at all.
    www.ris-news.com
    "You only have to bat a thousand in two things; flying and heart transplants. Everything else you can go 4-for-5."
    -Beano Cook

I get frustrated, too, WVRedsFan, but I try to keep some perspective. I just don't feel you can be realistic if you have a knee jerk reaction after every poor outing or loss. I realize it is "cliche'" but it really is a long season.

I try and be realistic. I have doubts they could win more than 85, but that will win the NL Central!

Turn Off Ads?