Turn Off Ads?
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Thread: Wednesday September 9th Minor League Updates (AAA Playoffs)

Re: Wednesday September 9th Minor League Updates (AAA Playoffs)

Alonso out on a popfly

2. Turn Off Ads?

Lew Ford singles to CF

Frazier Ks looking

Bulls win 8-4

Code:
    Player	        AB	R	H	2B	3B	HR	RBI	BB	SO	AVG
    Heisey CF	5	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	3	.000
    Alonso 1B	4	0	0	0	0	0	0	1	2	.000
    Bruce RF	3	0	0	0	0	0	0	1	0	.000
    Ford RF	        1	0	1	0	0	0	0	0	0	1.000
    Frazier 2B	4	1	0	0	0	0	0	1	2	.000
    Francisco, J 3B	4	2	2	0	0	2	3	0	1	.500
    Dorn DH	        3	0	1	0	0	0	0	1	1	.333
    Valaika SS	4	0	0	0	0	0	0	0	1	.000
    Denove C	4	1	1	0	0	1	1	0	2	.250
    Bolivar LF	4	0	1	0	0	0	0	0	3	.250

Player	                IP	H	R	ER	BB	SO	HR	ERA
    Wood, T 	        5.0	6	3	2	3	5	0	3.60
    Baez, Fe (L, 0-1)	0.2	5	5	5	0	1	0	67.50
    Krebs, J 	        1.0	2	0	0	1	1	0	0.00
    Atencio 	        1.1	0	0	0	2	2	0	0.00
    FIELDING
    E: Wood, T 2 (2, throw, throw), Frazier 2 (2, throw, missed catch).

Wrong Thread
    Domo Arigato, Here Comes Joey Votto

---TRF

"I do what I want to do and say what I want to say."

--Bronson Arroyo

Young guys really struggled in this one. Frazier and Wood can't field, Heisey, Alonso, and Frazier all struggle hitting.

Only Francisco shows up in loss.

Young guys really struggled in this one.
    Give Hellickson some credit. He's been double digit Ks routinely lately. That was a game you'd have expected Durham to win, in my opinion.

How about Francisco? Getting pretty excited about the kind of offense he could bring to GAB. Needs polish, for sure, but he looks like he could be a HR hydrant some day.

Francisco's coming on fast, need to find him a position. 1b?

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRed View Post
    rover

Juan Francisco was BA's prospect hitter of the day for this performance.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

I'm convincing myself not to follow this year's RedsZone prospect polls which will probably put Francisco about 8th behind Neftali Soto, Chris Heisey, and Pedro Viola.

I've been touting this guy for the last two years because I'm not someone who gets too hung up on walk rate for a very young player. I see a guy who has produced with power at every level.

IMO, Francisco is as good a prospect as there is in the organization and is a very advanced power hitter. But since he'll be playing at age 22-23, the Reds can keep him at AAA to start next season and then see how things go.

His first major league stint could be as a backup player behind Rolen, Votto, and whomever the left fielder is. He'd need some practice at first base and left field. Then see how it goes from there.

I'm convincing myself not to follow this year's RedsZone prospect polls which will probably put Francisco about 8th behind Neftali Soto, Chris Heisey, and Pedro Viola.
    I'll be absolutely stunned if RZ ranks him 8th after this year. He'll be in the top 5.

KC, I've agreed with you about Francisco all along and I think you're right on target as to how they'll move him along. It's going to be very interesting to see how WJ deals with this trifecta of Votto, Alonso, and Francisco. I don't see the space for all three of those guys; I don't think we'll go back from Rolen to playing somebody at 3b or anywhere else who undermines the confidence of the pitching staff. So I think we've got 1b and LF for those 3 guys, unless Votto can play right. Will be interesting to see if all 3 are still with the club a year from now.

KC, I've agreed with you about Francisco all along and I think you're right on target as to how they'll move him along. It's going to be very interesting to see how WJ deals with this trifecta of Votto, Alonso, and Francisco. I don't see the space for all three of those guys; I don't think we'll go back from Rolen to playing somebody at 3b or anywhere else who undermines the confidence of the pitching staff. So I think we've got 1b and LF for those 3 guys, unless Votto can play right. Will be interesting to see if all 3 are still with the club a year from now.
    On the other hand, the Reds being so challenged offensively, one approach is to promote all of them soon and spot them as offensive players around the field. With Frazier and Francisco, you can see them filling in at various positions, although neither seems too gifted defensively.

With Alonso, it seems more cut and dried. He only plays first and either Votto has to move positions or one of them has to be traded. I don't see Alonso hanging around as a pure backup first baseman lefty pinch hitter, like Barker is currently.

It would be nice, though, to have those bats in Cincy, one way or the other. It's a good thing that the big club's weakness is the AAA club's strength.
    Last edited by Kc61; 09-10-2009 at 11:59 AM.

I'd like to see all those bats in Cinti, too, but among those guys may also be the key to getting real solutions at the toughest positions to fill: SS, C. Also, I never again want to see guys playing positions like 3b who manifestly cannot play the position. I think that's tremendously destructive to the pitching. My guess is we see Rolen at 3b for at least three more years so that's going to limit the ability to move other players around. I think we'll see some deals in the next year that will probably light up RZ: because they'll either involve current Reds players who are very much favorites or our very best prospects. But who else to move if you're to acquire the kinds of players at C and SS that you need to win a championship?

Turn Off Ads?