Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: 5/30/2013 Reds at Indians

malingered here too long malcontent's Avatar

Re: 5/30/2013 Reds at Indians

I want to see Cesar get two SH tonite.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Quote Originally Posted by malcontent View Post
    I know.

Robinson's a SH so if he hit second there still wouldn't be three LHH in a row, which admittedly would stop the Earth's rotation.

Plus, Robinson there would mean SPEED at the top of the lineup, which we know Baker loves. But no. SS bats second.
    So your head is exploding because he's not batting Derrick Robinson second? Seems like splitting hairs to me. Believe me, I am just as frustrated, but not because D-Rob is batting in the wrong spot.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

You won't catch me defending Dusty for this lineup tonight, but I would really love to see the game thread absent of complaints about this move (since literally everyone disagrees with it) so the thread doesn't devolve into the exact same argument about Dusty's value/lack thereof as manager that we have many times a week.
    Last edited by OGB; 05-30-2013 at 07:16 PM.
    (Referring to Jack Hannahan signing with a Korean team)
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

BTW, did I see correctly in the top of the inning that Kazmir hit 94 on the gun? I thought he wasn't garnering interest because he was hovering between 85-89. If he can throw in the low 90's, why weren't there more teams courting him this offseason?
    Since there are no teams on the moon, I guess South Korea's far enough from Cincinnati to satisfy me.
    -RichRed

you know, that Phillips guy is good at defense.

I feel like Dusty needs to give Frazier the same sit down treatment he did to Cozart that got him back on track. The kid is Strugggling with a capital S...and an extra g.
    -RichRed

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    BTW, did I see correctly in the top of the inning that Kazmir hit 94 on the gun? I thought he wasn't garnering interest because he was hovering between 85-89. If he can throw in the low 90's, why weren't there more teams courting him this offseason?
    Good question. With his stuff I don't know why he has been so erratic.
    Everything is perfect, but there is a lot of room for improvement. --- Shunryu Suzuki-roshi

Quote Originally Posted by OGB View Post
    I feel like Dusty needs to give Frazier the same sit down treatment he did to Cozart that got him back on track. The kid is Strugggling with a capital S...and an extra g.
    Juan Francisco may be available.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Feeling a Hanny bomb here.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kc61 View Post
    So Dusty went with two catchers. Hmm. No problem with that, didn't think he'd do it.

No idea why Cozart isn't playing.
    My guess, same reason Hannahan played yesterday. With the DH, it's an opportunity to get some guys some extra playing time that they don't normally get. Izturis hasn't gotten much playing time and just like Jack, he needs some reps.

As for the 2 hole...no clue.

Or not.

Unrelated to the discussion at hand .....Some guy in a Taylor Made golf hat was mewling aloud about how "freaking" boring Baseball is at my local watering hole.

I really wanna pipe up with some kinda quip....Don't think I'm gonna. With age comes discretion and all of that.
    "Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?" ~ Jim Bouton

Cmon, Run Robby, Run!
    -RichRed

Nice AB there for Choo. Hung in there.

Yeah, working the at-bat there, and finally got on. Very good.

Turn Off Ads?