Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Baltimore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts

Re: Baltimore Ravens @ Indianapolis Colts

Joe Flacco is a bad QB right now. Baltimore needs WR help worse than the Bengals do.

There is something about this Indy team that I just don't like. To me the team just doesn't seem tested. Haven't played a meaningful cold weather game all year long. Its seemed to me that they got off to a hot start and then coasted the rest of the season. If they get into a dog fight against the Jets or in the Super Bowl I wonder how that will turn out.

If I were an Indy fan Revis would scare me. He reminds me of what Ty Law could do years ago, shut down one half of the field. The Jets can't score, and if Indy gets up 2 scores I think the game is over, but, the Jets looked good against SD.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Why does a cold weather game have to do with Indy's chances? They won't play in cold weather at home or in the Super Bowl.

And they've actually had quite a few close games this year when they've won late. (See their game in Baltimore, among others.)

Revis can only cover 1 receiver. If the Indy o-line give Manning time, he will find Clark, Collie, Wayne or Addai/Brown, assuming Revis is on Wayne. The Indy O-line is the key to the game, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Joe Flacco is a bad QB right now. Baltimore needs WR help worse than the Bengals do.

There is something about this Indy team that I just don't like. To me the team just doesn't seem tested. Haven't played a meaningful cold weather game all year long. Its seemed to me that they got off to a hot start and then coasted the rest of the season. If they get into a dog fight against the Jets or in the Super Bowl I wonder how that will turn out.

If I were an Indy fan Revis would scare me. He reminds me of what Ty Law could do years ago, shut down one half of the field. The Jets can't score, and if Indy gets up 2 scores I think the game is over, but, the Jets looked good against SD.
    The Colts have not been tested? Really? They were 14-0 beating all comers including 7 when trailing entering the fourth quarter.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfanmia View Post
    The Colts have not been tested? Really? They were 14-0 beating all comers including 7 when trailing entering the fourth quarter.
    Yeah, someone who thinks the Colts haven't been tested hasn't watched the Colts this season. They beat the Dolphins with the offense only having the ball for 15 minutes. Plus, like you said 7 wins when trailing going into the 4th.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Why does a cold weather game have to do with Indy's chances? They won't play in cold weather at home or in the Super Bowl.
    I felt as if their schedule set them up perfectly. It really doesn't have much to do with them now since they won't have to play outside a dome or Florida for the rest of the year, just an interesting tidbit that I found.

And they've actually had quite a few close games this year when they've won late. (See their game in Baltimore, among others.)
    Yea I went back and looked at their schedule and noticed that. I would worry about Caldwell if the Jets game gets tight and close. It helps to have Manning at QB but it should be interesting.

Revis can only cover 1 receiver. If the Indy o-line give Manning time, he will find Clark, Collie, Wayne or Addai/Brown, assuming Revis is on Wayne. The Indy O-line is the key to the game, IMO.
    Revis makes a huge difference. If Revis can lock down Wayne without safety over the top help it allows the Jets to dial up all kinds of blitzes. It was evident during the Chargers game. They would blitz Rivers and everyone seemed covered.

So you're saying that Revis is really good and the Colts are going to have trouble with the Jets defense? Verrrry insightful.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    So you're saying that Revis is really good and the Colts are going to have trouble with the Jets defense? Verrrry insightful.
    Yea thats exactly what I am saying. SPOT ON

Yea thats exactly what I am saying. SPOT ON
    Well you started out with nonsense like "they coasted through the season, they haven't been tested" but that obviously isn't true so now you're left with telling us that the Revis is good and this isn't going to be an easy game.

I don't think there is a single Colts fan that thinks they are going to walk over the Jets. Personally, I didn't want the Colts to have to play the Jets at all. The Colts never play the Jets well. Ryan and the Jets D coordinator came from the Ravens, so they're very familiar with Peyton and he never puts up a bunch of points against the Ravens.

Still I'd put my money on the Colts. Peyton has played as well as I've ever seen him play and I really think he's even more difficult to rattle than he's been in year's past.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Well you started out with nonsense like "they coasted through the season, they haven't been tested" but that obviously isn't true so now you're left with telling us that the Revis is good and this isn't going to be an easy game.
    Ok well let me say this. I don't think this Colts team is as good as they have been in the past. I think their schedule set up for them perfectly. My point about cold weather games was that most dome teams do not fare well playing outside in the cold. The Colts had home field advantage wrapped up in week 12 or 13 I can't remember. They really had been on cruise control since they clinched home field advantage and showed that the 16-0 record meant nothing to them.

I am not saying the Colts are a bad team, I just don't get the feeling that they are a dominant team. I also have some serious questions about Caldwell and his decision making when the game is on the line.

I don't think there is a single Colts fan that thinks they are going to walk over the Jets. Personally, I didn't want the Colts to have to play the Jets at all. The Colts never play the Jets well. Ryan and the Jets D coordinator came from the Ravens, so they're very familiar with Peyton and he never puts up a bunch of points against the Ravens.

Still I'd put my money on the Colts. Peyton has played as well as I've ever seen him play and I really think he's even more difficult to rattle than he's been in year's past.
    My point about Revis is not saying that he is good. My point about Revis is that he is playing at the same level that Ty Law was playing at when the Pats gave the Colts fits. Law was able to shut down one side of the field which allowed the defense to become much more aggressive showing multiple looks. It makes a difference when a CB needs over the top help from a S. Revis right now doesn't, same with Ty Law of a few years ago.

If I were to bet I would probably put my money on Indy as well. I just would proceed with caution. After watching this Jets team they remind me of Tom Brady's 1st Super Bowl winning team.

I think the only Colts team better than this one was 2005. The offense is not as good but over all the special teams and defense is superior. Manning just wills this team to victory.
    When I see the 2016 Reds, I see a 100 loss team and no direction.

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

Their offense may not be as dominating as past teams, but this is the best Colts defense, IMO. I think if they contain Greene like they did Rice, then the Jets will have just as much difficulty scoring as the Ravens did.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Agreed completely. Revis is special, but he's special because he shuts down the star wide receiver. Manning spreads the ball so evenly that while Wayne may not get many catches, the Colts don't rely on Wayne to be a star.

The only thing that scares me is the Jets running game, but the Colt defense certainly looked up to the task against Baltimore.

Ok well let me say this. I don't think this Colts team is as good as they have been in the past. I think their schedule set up for them perfectly. My point about cold weather games was that most dome teams do not fare well playing outside in the cold. The Colts had home field advantage wrapped up in week 12 or 13 I can't remember. They really had been on cruise control since they clinched home field advantage and showed that the 16-0 record meant nothing to them.
    Nope, they played all the way through week 15 when they won a close one against the Jags. What does cold weather have to do with anything?

I am not saying the Colts are a bad team, I just don't get the feeling that they are a dominant team. I also have some serious questions about Caldwell and his decision making when the game is on the line.
    Why? The Colts have had many games this season when he had to make decisions with the game on the line and he's done pretty well. It's lot easier when you have Peyton Manning and I think he takes Peyton's input more than Dungy did. I think this Colts team is better than most they've had in the past. I think this is the best defense Peyton's had.

My point about Revis is not saying that he is good. My point about Revis is that he is playing at the same level that Ty Law was playing at when the Pats gave the Colts fits. Law was able to shut down one side of the field which allowed the defense to become much more aggressive showing multiple looks. It makes a difference when a CB needs over the top help from a S. Revis right now doesn't, same with Ty Law of a few years ago.
    And my point was that Peyton is not the same QB he was back then. I don't see him continually trying to force the ball to Reggie Wayne, which is what got him in trouble with Law on Harrison in the past. Plus, he didn't have this Dallas Clark back then either, but yes it's pretty clear that the Jets D is going to present the Colts with some major problems.

Don't try and force stuff towards Revis and the Colts should be able to move the ball.

Greene is the RB that has killed teams this playoffs while Jones really hasn't done much at all.

Colts have much better pass rushers than the Bengals and Chargers so they should be able to get more pressure.

If you run block well you can run on the Jets.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfan320 View Post
    Yeah, he does. But does anyone think that's why he won't retire. He wants another ring?

I meant that I'd love to see him go out with a ring, and all the Favre-haters should to because that's probably when he'll leave.

I doubt it, he loves the attention his yearly "will he or won't he" brings him, he lives off it, he won't quit until nobody will sign him.

He's a Clemens.
    Go Gators!

Turn Off Ads?