Turn Off Ads?
Page 17 of 68 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920212767 ... LastLast

Thread: Bengals 2010 pt. I

Re: Bengals 2010

I should have added my pick for defensive impact player via FA who would be S Nick Collins of GB who is a RFA as well, I believe. I would push some ducks to either he or Marshall. Or could cut Geathers and sign Julius Peppers (but I do not see something like that happening obviously).
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

2. Turn Off Ads?

My favorite college athlete of all time just got released by the Redskins.

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=7443
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Honest I can't say it any better than Hoosier Red did in his post, he sums it up basically perfectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Red View Post
    My favorite college athlete of all time just got released by the Redskins.

http://blogs.heraldtimesonline.com/iusp/?p=7443
    I wonder if he can still return?
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    Probably. And the team will still have no deep threat. Wonderful.
    But, they'll have someone with sure hands and more after-the-catch ability than Housh had.

Good thoughts, Mario. But, Tennessee virtually guaranteed that he isn't going anywhere without a sign-and-trade option as they tendered him too high for his value (same with Scheffler, as he was tendered too high for his value, but not as over-valued as Scaife).

I think the cut of Coles makes sense, but I also think he got somewhat of a bad rep around here. It takes time for a WR and QB to get on the same page, it hardly ever happens right away unless you are a great talent. Coles didn't get any help from Carson being held out all of training camp. When he was finally ready to play they were working on game plans instead of working on QB WR timing. I thought Coles would be better this season, but at his cost it made sense to cut him.

The Bears just signed Brandon Manumaleuna to a five year deal. He is a bigger Reggie Kelly type, and they are said to be listening on Greg Olsen. Greg Olsen would be an ideal fit as a downfield pass catcher, from the tight end position. What would it take to acquire him?
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

Quote Originally Posted by Mario-Rijo View Post
    I wonder if he can still return?
    Take it from a Redskins fan: No, he can't.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Adding a receiver through FA isn't looking too good.

Anquan Boldin to the Ravens for 3rd and 4th round picks.

Kevin Walter resigned with Houston (thank God)

Brandon Marshall is likely headed to Seattle.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    Adding a receiver through FA isn't looking too good.

Anquan Boldin to the Ravens for 3rd and 4th round picks.

Kevin Walter resigned with Houston (thank God)

Brandon Marshall is likely headed to Seattle.
    I didn't think T.O. to Cincy would ever happen about a month ago. Now it looks like a strong possibility.

Quote Originally Posted by Playadlc View Post
    I didn't think T.O. to Cincy would ever happen about a month ago. Now it looks like a strong possibility.
    I am fine with it. Bring TO in for one year. 2011 comes, along with whatever labor situation along with it. Reevaluate the situation. The 2011 draft has more top end receivers in it. Julio Jones, EJ Green, Devier Posey, Armon Binz. I only really like two of the receivers this year Arrelious Benn, and Dez Bryant.

I would really like to see TO signed, the second round pick traded to Chicago for Greg Olsen, and then Taylor Mays, a defensive end, or a left tackle picked in the first round.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...terrell-owens/

I bet it happens in the next week.
    Go BLUE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Benihana View Post
    I hope it works out better then when he said he wanted Coles.

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    I am fine with it. Bring TO in for one year.
    Agreed. If the Bengals sign TO, it needs to be on a one-year deal only. That way, he'll come in, work hard for his next contract, and *hopefully* keep his mouth shut.

The Bengals definitely need to draft or acquire a young, explosive WR within the next couple years, though. Ochocinco isn't getting any younger, and TO would only be a stopgap as a possession receiver.

I wouldn't mind TO at all. At 36, every contract he signs is going to be a one year deal. Even with an attitude, he'd be the 2nd best receiver.

This way they can take the best player available at a need position. And at 21, the usual holdout will only be a day or two. He might even contribute the entire season.

Turn Off Ads?