Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    Dumb reds fans:

Hate to say i told you so.

But cueto was the only gangsta trash ball in that whole pile up. Spiking somebody in the face i somewhat surprised he didnt get more.

Definitely getting the to the point where i dont like our two dominican pitchers. I would trade both of them for josh hamilton back right now.
    Amazing how he didn't get tossed from the game, but yet he gets a seven-game suspension. One player, out of 40, who was for the most part defending himself, is the only one who gets suspended? That's amazing to me. Yet players who mouthed off (and I'm including Phillips in that) and instigated the brawl and then re-ignited it once again after it had appeared to have calmed down get a slap on the wrist.

But again, we are talking about Major League Baseball officials.

2. Turn Off Ads?

johnfayman

RT @jjgoldy5: surprised Rolen didn't get disciplined? Carp must really have said something nasty.//As nasty as it gets in 2 words.

Just throwing this out there, but XM radio interviewed umpire Hunter Wendelstedt about his opinion on what happened in the fight. He said that he thought that Molina handled everything properly...

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Amazing how he didn't get tossed from the game, but yet he gets a seven-game suspension. One player, out of 40, who was for the most part defending himself, is the only one who gets suspended? That's amazing to me. Yet players who mouthed off (and I'm including Phillips in that) and instigated the brawl and then re-ignited it once again after it had appeared to have calmed down get a slap on the wrist.

So now you think that "mouthing off" is a suspending offense, that is amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by ELE View Post
    Just throwing this out there, but XM radio interviewed umpire Hunter Wendelstedt about his opinion on what happened in the fight. He said that he thought that Molina handled everything properly...
    Means nothing....

never once has a cardinal come out and said anything along the line of what Phillips said. If someone calls your team a Beotch and says they hate you in the papers are you going to just sit back and take it??
    Accusing someone is cheating is pretty harsh. Sometimes you have to consider the source. If someone called me that - I would take issue with it, but I'm not ignite a brawl over it.

Quote Originally Posted by DocRed View Post
    Means nothing....
    haha i realize this... just giving someone elses perspective that isnt a die hard fan either way.

He kicked someone with metal Spikes in the face.

Are you missing that>?

Meh. think of it this way. Bring up Wood and Bailey, send Leake down for a rest, sit Johnny a game, and *he* comes back rested, and with something to prove. Carpenter has to work.
    Last edited by foxfire123; 08-12-2010 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spellcheck....

Umps don't have the benefit of instant replay to see who did what. I didn't see it the first time I saw the brawl live. I don't have a problem with Cueto suspension but good lord Carp should've gotten hit with about 4 games at least.

Well Phillips started it with his comments and if we are going to suspended every player who cussed in that mess then neither team is going to be able to field a team. Cueto only gonna miss 1 start. Nothing big came from this whole brawl in terms of suspensions which is a good thing..
    Wrong, Phillips comments were the day before, the cards had a choice to let it slide or be confrontational; they picked the second, they should also have punishment for it. Molina made a point to get in his face, he could have responded "dont touch me again, we arent freinds (as he said), get in the box and hit" and would have accomplished the same goal. He wanted a fight when he stood on the plate and got in Phillips face. Gutless IMO.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Illybey View Post
    Isn't that your whole point of how the brawl started? It triggered everything. If Carpenter doesn't pop off at Baker (and Dusty is not innocent in this either) than Cueto is not put into a position to kick. Things had calmed down and only escalated after Carpenter said something to Dusty. That should count for something.

I'm not saying that Cueto should not be suspended, but I think to be only player is not right?

If the argument comes back to Phillips should suspended because of what he said, which has been suggested, then others (Molina, Carpenter and anybody else) should receive something other than a small fine that will likely go to charity.

Quote Originally Posted by bgwilly31 View Post
    He kicked someone with metal Spikes in the face.

Are you missing that>?
    Not saying that he shouldn't be suspended, just surprised that he's only one. Where in my post do I say that he should not have received a suspension?

Quote Originally Posted by Illybey View Post
    Your argument has no merit, since all LaRussa and Dusty did was mouth off and they both got suspended.

Quote Originally Posted by bounty37h View Post
    Wrong, Phillips comments were the day before, the cards had a choice to let it slide or be confrontational; they picked the second, they should also have punishment for it. Molina made a point to get in his face, he could have responded "dont touch me again, we arent freinds (as he said), get in the box and hit" and would have accomplished the same goal. He wanted a fight when he stood on the plate and got in Phillips face. Gutless IMO.
    You cant call someone a beotch, then get in the box and tap their shin guard TWICE and not expect anything. Sorry you are wrong here. Why did Phillips go back and hit yadis shin guard a second time after he called yadi a beotch??? makes no sense to me. its not gutless either, its called sticking up for yourself and your team.

Turn Off Ads?