Turn Off Ads?

Thread: "No Straight Hats in MLB Please"

"No Straight Hats in MLB Please"

Here's a guy who's figured out the Red's problem: It's the way Edinson wears his cap:

http://purpleprideponderings.blogspot.com/

"So I'm watching the 2008 MLB All-Star game when the Reds' Edinson Volquez comes in to pitch in the bottom of the seventh inning with the National League leading 2-0. Being a fan of the American League, I've not seen much of him, though I do remember him from the Rangers......when he actually curved the bill of his hat and wore it straight!

Seriously, it's bad enough to see today's kids walking around with flat billed hats cocked to the side, do we really need this in Major League Baseball!!?? No! Get some kind of MLB hat code in the game and stop this nonsense now. Thank God C.C. Sabathia went to the Brewers so I only need to see him once a year now (can the Twins please play a different team during Interleague play already!). He's the goof that really started this in MLB, and someone needs to end it now.

Now I know what some will say. Change is good, look what the Fab 5 did for basketball shorts. Well that was a change for the better all around. The last thing we need to see is more hairy leg on the court. Watch a NBA game from the early 90's and before, it's a fightening site to behold. But, even with the longer shorts, at least it's consistent in the entire game and it's not like they are wearing them with six inches of fricking boxer shorts showing!

So please, save our historic past-time and bend the damn bill of the hat......and wear it STRAIGHT!

As for my buddy Volquez. He and his flat, tilted hat left the mound with a tie game, 2-2. JD Drew's first All-Star at bat was homer as he drove Justin Mornaeu in as well. Twins small ball followed by Boston bang. That's what you get for pissing me off with your rediculous hat Volquez! "

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: "No Straight Hats in MLB Please"

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    As for my buddy Volquez. He and his flat, tilted hat left the mound with a tie game, 2-2. JD Drew's first All-Star at bat was homer as he drove Justin Mornaeu in as well. Twins small ball followed by Boston bang. That's what you get for pissing me off with your rediculous hat Volquez! "
    Pissing him off has been good for Edinson this season.
    Last edited by TennReds03; 07-16-2008 at 01:24 AM.

Volquez pitching on 2 or 3 days rest. That is the reason. Stupid comments.

Old Red Guard Reject

rediculous

Use the spellchecker dumbass.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

how about george sherrill..yikes
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

If this guy was so honked off about Edinson's hat, I wonder what his reaction was to George Sherrill's hat, LOL

Edinson will be fine. I'm sure he was bummed giving up the HR but Drew has been on fire for over a month so it's not like he gave up a HR to someone who hasn't hit many this year. He seemed in good spirits as the game went on so I'm sure he's fine.
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

He did look kind of goofy when they showed him in the dugout, looked like his hat was going to fall off his head.

I just want to know what this man thinks of Gunderson from Oregon State a few years ago.
    3-2 at games this year
    5-9 all time

2010 central division champions

sorry but had hart fielded that gapper better.. he woulda been held to a single and then the next ground ball woulda been a dp.. again another non error that cost him a run.. he must have thought at that point he was seeing his same bad outfield out there behind him..

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    rediculous

Use the spellchecker dumbass.
    Hahaha, irony is a mother, ain't it

Turn Off Ads?