Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are there any other Reds message boards?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Re: Are there any other Reds message boards?

also I love how you are only allowed an avatar if you've been elected to the presidential cabinet; aka the ORG. Haha thats funny
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Old Red Guard Reject

It never has and never will make sense to me why the Sun Deck can't have a game thread. I've tried Strike 3, but there's like 10 people there. I'd personally contribute financially to a "no holds barred" Reds forum with very little restrictions. (No personal attacks and extreme profanity) Definitely not a "class" system with the haves and have-nots. I only come here because there is no other alternative.
    If you ain't first, you're last! - Ricky Bobby

Old Red Guard Reject

Quote Originally Posted by JayBruce32 View Post
    also I love how you are only allowed an avatar if you've been elected to the presidential cabinet; aka the ORG. Haha thats funny
    I posted for a long time and met the "criteria" to be in ORG and then they changed the rules and I was not one of the chosen. I lost my picture, which meant more to me than being on ORG.

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    It never has and never will make sense to me why the Sun Deck can't have a game thread. I've tried Strike 3, but there's like 10 people there. I'd personally contribute financially to a "no holds barred" Reds forum with very little restrictions. (No personal attacks and extreme profanity) Definitely not a "class" system with the haves and have-nots. I only come here because there is no other alternative.
    You gotta be careful man. I know a few people on here that actually got ran for saying borderline stuff. No warning, nothing. They just run you and you're gone for good.

But you're right.... the class system.. haha. No game threads. It's ran a little bit like old Germany
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0

Quote Originally Posted by Newman4 View Post
    I posted for a long time and met the "criteria" to be in ORG and then they changed the rules and I was not one of the chosen. I lost my picture, which meant more to me than being on ORG.
    You'd think that ORG would hand out certification tests these days before you're allowed to post there

I spent a couple of years on the reds.com forum before I found Redszone.com. This one is FAR better than the reds.com board. For those who want to use more "flavorful" language, I believe you'd find a more receptive audience there.

Personally, I'm not going to complain about the restrictions here. I'll sacrifice some things in order to be on a board that keeps threads from turning into nothing but crude insults.

While I'm not a member of the ORG, I find discussions with you fine people to be enough for me.

Old Red Guard Reject

You gotta be careful man. I know a few people on here that actually got ran for saying borderline stuff. No warning, nothing. They just run you and you're gone for good.

But you're right.... the class system.. haha. No game threads. It's ran a little bit like old Germany
    I've said worse than that, Jay. They know how I feel. There's no justification for some decisions other than "it's my site and I'll do what I want." I'm not being rude or disrespectful, just stating the obvious. They already kicked me off ORG within a few months of playing the game to get enough rep points when that was the carrot that was dangled. Now it's less objective and it's just beg and plead and maybe, just maybe you'll get in. I don't have my picture anymore under my name, but I do still have some degree of dignity. I ain't interested in begging. Sometimes people here disagree with me and vice versa, but I'm proud to be associated with you guys in the Sun Deck.

If they are banning people for posting borderline comments, there is a problem. It's not with the membership.

But don't ever confuse a simple forum with "old Germany"

got alil captain in u?

As a veteran here i've seen this forum the old way and the new way. Gamethreads became very very very negative during the old rules. A change was needed. Now whether they changed things for the good or bad i will not comment.

So what do you have to do exactly to get accepted in the org now? Seems silly to me, but I usually only read posts anyway. So I guess it doesn't matter that much to me.

ReMarK

I hear you guys loud and clear...I forget when I joined here, and I don't know if I have ever posted or not...as far as message boards go, I am a member of a few quality ones for music and a few other ones. I am one of those people that read a lot and doesn't really post all that much, but when something strikes me, I usually have something decent to contribute to the conversation. That being the case, even if I did post a little down here, I would never be promoted to the ORG to contribute...so all in all it just leaves a kinda bad taste in my mouth knowing that this is probably the best place to discuss Reds baseball but it is a "guilty until proven innocent" approach. I probably would only post once a month, and it would be well thought out...but sadly, I will always just be a spectator. I think everyone should have the chance to join the discussion until proven to be a troll.

Edit:
    Ah! Low and behold, joined 2 years ago, 1st post...
    Last edited by ReMarK; 05-18-2008 at 11:58 PM. Reason: addition

Well, before they went to the new punishment system, I was at 80% on the warning meter, and the last couple caught me completely off guard. Someone else started a religious discussion, and I had no clue it was off limits, joined in, and suddenly my warning meter went up another 20% without even a nice message tipping me off so I could delete the post before I got in trouble. I thought that was overboard.

I also insulted someone without using bad language and my warning meter went up 20%.........couldn't believe it.

At times, I'm actually afraid to post on here.

Quote Originally Posted by ChatterRed View Post
    Well, before they went to the new punishment system, I was at 80% on the warning meter, and the last couple caught me completely off guard. Someone else started a religious discussion, and I had no clue it was off limits, joined in, and suddenly my warning meter went up another 20% without even a nice message tipping me off so I could delete the post before I got in trouble. I thought that was overboard.

I also insulted someone without using bad language and my warning meter went up 20%.........couldn't believe it.

At times, I'm actually afraid to post on here.
    Just imagine how bad the mods are in the ORG about the longtime regulars and the newbies. The newbies probably get little or no leeway. The long time regulars are free to do what they want and the mods turn their heads I bet in debates to those..... I'm enjoying my time here in the Sun Deck and don't care if I ever get to post in the ORG. To be honest, I don't think I even want to at this point.

Everyone used to be able to post in game threads... incessant arguing and player bashing caused them to make it ORG only.

Game threads were recently taken away completely, seeing as even ORG couldn't keep them civil, now they're back for ORG only with some added rules.

You can always post in chat, which is actually pretty fun if we get enough people in there.

Quote Originally Posted by captainmorgan07 View Post
    As a veteran here i've seen this forum the old way and the new way. Gamethreads became very very very negative during the old rules. A change was needed. Now whether they changed things for the good or bad i will not comment.
    I think the site owners also have to be pretty realistic about which team is being covered here too, and realize WHY its negative. It's not like people here are complete a-holes. Well, there may be a few who are consistently negative no matter what. This is a Reds board - not a Red Sox board. While they have the luxury of discussion which multi ten million free agent they're going to sign next, and how far they think they'll go in a playoffs, we definitely do not. Reds haven't been to the playoffs for 13 YEARS! The Reds haven't had a winning season the past 7 YEARS! Having a negative attitude is basically a requisite of being a Reds fan anymore, we've seen enough losing to last an eternity. I'm not a Bengals fan, but I'm guessing most here are, so that's probably double tough for those fans. I'm a 49ers fan and 7 of the last 9 years have been losing seasons and 2002 was the last time they made the playoffs, so I feel equal in that frustration too with the Bungals fans.

The point? It's really hard not to get fed up with the same thing every single year. I can see where the site owners are coming from not liking the negativity. If you run a site you see the same thing over and over again every day and you just want to shut people up, but you can't change the opinion of a jaded fanbase. Whenever this team becomes a true contender, I bet it suddenly turns into a lot happier place. There's no substitute for winning.

Turn Off Ads?