Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: The Milton Bradley Thread

Re: Reds Rumored to be Interested in Milton Bradley?

Quote Originally Posted by edabbs44 View Post
    This is the last guy they need.
    Why do you say that? Is it his attitude or his injury history?

2. Turn Off Ads?

He's gotten more then 415 at bats in a season one time and he's north of 30, no thanks.
    Go Gators!

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    ...or lack of belief in dinosaurs?... (that was Milton, wasn't it?)
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

Quote Originally Posted by BRM View Post
    The attitude is trash. That's the main reason. This is a young team and they shouldn't be subjecting the likes of Bruce, Votto, Volquez, Cueto and everyone else to this guy.

There's a reason why this guy is going on his 7th franchise by the age of 31.

Add in the injury risk and he shouldn't even be on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan View Post
    ...or lack of belief in dinosaurs?... (that was Milton, wasn't it?)
    That was Jurassic Carl(AKA Crazy Carl)Everett. But I can definitely see why you'd get them mixed up.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

The attitude is trash. That's the main reason. This is a young team and they shouldn't be subjecting the likes of Bruce, Votto, Volquez, Cueto and everyone else to this guy.

The thinking would be that Dusty Baker could keep him under control being the "players manager" that he is. There is no way around the injury bug though. That is definitely a valid concern.

I'm fairly responsible, and I attribute a lot of that to learning what not to do from watching my father. I don't think having a guy like Bradley around is as bad as a lot of people make it out to be. It could help the young guys in the long run. :

Quote Originally Posted by lollipopcurve View Post
    He'll get 2 years, likely more, from someone else. A one-year offer has no chance.
    Milton rejected a 1 year offer from Texas. He is looking for a multiyear deal, but 2 years with a option for a third might be enough.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    That was Jurassic Carl(AKA Crazy Carl)Everett. But I can definitely see why you'd get them mixed up.
    aaah, yes; thank you. I have updated my files with this information!
    I just didn't want to have Jay Bruce running around out there not believing in dinosaurs. My fears in that regard are now at rest.
    "I'm virtually free to do whatever I want, but I try to remember so is everybody else..." - Todd Snider

I wanted him last year when he was cheaper. Now, with his cost significantly higher (plus his attitude problems), I'm not so sure.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

I think the clubhouse issue isn't an issue at all. Bruce, Votto, Volquez, Cueto and all the rest are adult's, not teenager's. I can't see them turning into bad apple's because Bradley might or might not be a headcase.

The injury concerns are an issue, but at some point this team has to take a risk. Give me his 400 AB's and crappy attitude any day of the week over some of the other alternative's. The guy can hit. We need hitter's. Match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post

I get them mixed up too. Not sure why.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    Chip is right

Get Jermaine Dye.

I have two fears about Bradley. One his reputation, fair or not. Second is his durability.
    However, it would be kind of cool to have Milton Bradley play the same position Yatzee once played.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I think the clubhouse issue isn't an issue at all. Bruce, Votto, Volquez, Cueto and all the rest are adult's, not teenager's. I can't see them turning into bad apple's because Bradley might or might not be a headcase.

The injury concerns are an issue, but at some point this team has to take a risk. Give me his 400 AB's and crappy attitude any day of the week over some of the other alternative's. The guy can hit. We need hitter's. Match made in heaven as far as I'm concerned.
    There is a reason why guys like Bradley, TO, Moss and others get passed from team to team while mostly producing along the way. They aren't worth it, even when they are producing.

Turn Off Ads?