Turn Off Ads?
Page 12 of 23 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: 8/22/13 - Reds vs. D-Backs

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

Re: 8/22/13 - Reds vs. D-Backs

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    The Reds just scored 10 runs last night. I'm not sure how you would be frustrated with something you've seen all season. They're a really strong pitching team and an up and down offensive team.
    Most coaches would tell you that's the very definition of a frustrating sports team. If you know you're going to stink, it's one thing, but if you ride the roller coaster, it can be a lot more frustrating.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    Most coaches would tell you that's the very definition of a frustrating sports team. If you know you're going to stink, it's one thing, but if you ride the roller coaster, it can be a lot more frustrating.
    The Nations are a frustrating team. The Reds have been in control of a playoff spot all season at all times and are right in the thick of a pennant race.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by BluegrassRedleg View Post
    This is baseball, what team scores 10 a game?
    "In our sundown perambulations of late, through the outer parts of Brooklyn, we have observed several parties of youngsters playing 'base', a certain game of ball. Let us go forth awhile, and get better air in our lungs. Let us leave our close rooms, the game of ball is glorious"
    -Walt Whitman

6 of 22 games where he pitched 7 or more April through July. This is 4th consecutive in August of 7 or more. So he seems to be heading the right direction.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

100 pitches.

I really don't know.

What seems to be Latos' pitch number where he just seems to lose it?

Because right now it looks like he could go to 120, and I wouldn't be surprised to see Dusty go that route. It's a huge game.

Who's pitching for each team now?
    Looks like it is the bottom of the 8th
    [Phil ] Castellini celebrated the team's farm system and noted the team had promising prospects who would one day be great Reds -- and then joke then they'd be ex-Reds, saying "of course we're going to lose them". #SellTheTeamBob

Nov. 13, 2007: One of the greatest days in Reds history: John Allen gets the boot!

Quote Originally Posted by kbrake View Post
    To the level headed folks who never seem to get worked up. Do you honestly not get frustrated at all seeing Trevor Cahill, who is clearly struggling, hold the Reds to 1 R and 3 H? I'm glad we have posters who always keep their cool it is much needed and I like to think I usually do well with that but a game like this is pretty frustrating for me.
    I personally enjoy the kind of fan who calls it like they see it and has normal fan-like kneejerk reactions during games. It's the holier than thou types, who for whatever reason think they're above everyone else, who annoy me.

9. Likes:

Billy_Bearcat (08-22-2013)

If Latos says he is good for another I would definitely send him back out for the 9th.

Latos should be getting a standing ovation at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    Today.
    And the previous 5x out there. And 8 of the last 10. And, well, pretty much all season.

Quote Originally Posted by Reds Freak View Post
    This is baseball, what team scores 10 a game?
    Don't ever recall saying that.

Quote Originally Posted by RedTeamGo! View Post
    Ludwick made contact with a pitched baseball!
    Patience, for RL it's still April.

Quote Originally Posted by New York Red View Post
    I personally enjoy the kind of fan who calls it like they see it and has normal fan-like kneejerk reactions during games. It's the holier than thou types, who for whatever reason think they're above everyone else, who annoy me.
    So a fan who doesn't have wild overractions is holier than thou?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Cahill coming out for the 8th inning. Good Lord, this is insane. I watched the first 3 innings during lunch and was so excited the Reds were going to get to the bullpen early.

Latos with the 7 pitch 8th, total of 102. New pitcher for Az who PH for Cahill. De La Rosa on for Az.

18. Likes:

REDREAD (08-22-2013)

Turn Off Ads?