Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Alabama Crimson Tide

Re: Alabama Crimson Tide

Ducks #1.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Deservedly so, IMO.
    Would agree completely. Illinois looks pretty decent and that was the main complaint about TOSU. For some reason people forgive Oregon when ASU had 7 turnovers, had 600 total yards and choked it to Oregon.

Ohio State is the most balanced team in the country right now. I didn't think that at any point in 07.
    This is the time. The real Reds organization is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Ohio State is the most balanced team in the country right now. I didn't think that at any point in 07.

The 2007 Ohio State team was one of the weaker in the last 8 years, IMO. They had no business in the title game as they were a fringe top 10 team from my perspective.

I still think OSU loses at least once this year. As hard as this may be to believe, for the first time in years the Big Ten actually has several good teams capable of winning against OSU. Wisconsin is always much better than people give them credit for and playing in their stadium is one of the tougher places to play in the country. I'm still far from sold on Pryor as a complete QB, and I still think Tressel as offensive coach will wind up costing them a game.

I really hope Boise gets a chance to play for the national championship this year. I'm not one who believes they could consistently play with the big boys, but nothing they've done on the actual field has led anyone to believe they're in over their head. It's all just assumption, even I agree with that assumption.

BUT, they need to be given a cance once and for all. That way we're not having that conversation year after year. At some point, they need to raise their arms and say, "OK, we'll give you your shot." Is it really such a travesty that a team like Boise gets a chance to win a national title at the expense of one of the bi conference teams that get the chance every year? I think one year, we can allow a team like that to play for it all. And if they get beat soundly, we don't have to talk about it any more.
    Last edited by MWM; 10-10-2010 at 12:30 PM.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    I haven't had the chance to watch today, has USCjr just been going nuts or has Bama played that poorly?
    South Carolina played a very good game. Their QB had a career day. I doubt there will be an SEC team in the National Championship game this year. Should make the Big Ten folks happy...

If Oregon makes it through the PAC this year undefeated, they will be in the running. I don't think they will.

Quote Originally Posted by Cedric View Post
    Until the SEC changes their standards they need to be setup in their own league.

When you can sign 30 guys a year and discard the bad players you have a HUGE advantage. Ohio State and most other schools can't just miss on a player and get rid of him. The margin of error for the southern pro schools is just laughable.

That's not even mentioning the laughable academic standards at most of those schools.
    Many SEC schools are leaders in science and engineering research.... speaking for Auburn, academic performance is no laughing matter.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    South Carolina played a very good game. Their QB had a career day. I doubt there will be an SEC team in the National Championship game this year. Should make the Big Ten folks happy...
    Teams in the SEC west are basically going to beat the snot out of one another...
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Teams in the SEC west are basically going to beat the snot out of one another...
    Seriously, we've been down this path a thousand times on here. I think most people would prefer not to do it again.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

Quote Originally Posted by MWM View Post
    Seriously, we've been down this path a thousand times on here. I think most people would prefer not to do it again.
    ?????

My comment was suggesting that there isn't likely to be an unbeaten team from the SEC west.

While 'Bama is IMHO clearly one of the best teams in college, Arkansas/Alabama/LSU/Auburn/Georgia are all capable of beating each other especially at home.

It's a tough road this year. Is that really a controversial statement?

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    If Oregon makes it through the PAC this year undefeated, they will be in the running. I don't think they will.
    No, they'll be in if they win out. Nebraska is next in line. Boise at least needs 2 of Ohio State, Oregon and Nebraska to lose. Probably LSU and Auburn, too, but the good news for them is that Alabama will likely do the dirty work for them there. TCU needs all of that plus a Boise loss at Nevada (no one else has a prayer).

Is that really a controversial statement?
    Only the part where you included Georgia in the group of good teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston Red View Post
    Only the part where you included Georgia in the group of good teams.
    I didn't say they were necessarily a good team. I said playing them in Georgia isn't an automatic.

Many SEC schools are leaders in science and engineering research.... speaking for Auburn, academic performance is no laughing matter.
    All I know is while I think most collegiate academics lists are laughable, they still have some value because some people DO read them and believe them to be gospel. And just about every list I have seen has had every Big Ten School in the top 100 with a majority in the top 50, while the SEC usually struggles outside of Vanderbilt until you get into the 70s and 80s...

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    All I know is while I think most collegiate academics lists are laughable, they still have some value because some people DO read them and believe them to be gospel. And just about every list I have seen has had every Big Ten School in the top 100 with a majority in the top 50, while the SEC usually struggles outside of Vanderbilt until you get into the 70s and 80s...
    Given you don't even trust the lists you're citing, I'd suggest that you do some traveling and check out some programs before forming an opinion.

It's a tough road this year. Is that really a controversial statement?
    I may have misread your statement. It seems like every college football discussion winds up turning into a pissing match over the SEC and Big Ten and I think everyone is weary from it.

Turn Off Ads?