Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: why do the Reds have such junk at AAA?

Re: why do the Reds have such junk at AAA?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsManRick View Post
    You want a healthy body of fringe talent so you are forced in to over-promoting your youth. It's a lot easier to a Lehr type packing to make room for a guy than to go out and find decent MLB-emergency level talent in the middle of the season.
    too bad Lehrs going to Korea from what i hear...

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaFan View Post
    too bad Lehrs going to Korea from what i hear...
    That's my point. If you don't have a Lehr to ditch and you need to make room for a guy in AA, what do you do?
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

That's my point. If you don't have a Lehr to ditch and you need to make room for a guy in AA, what do you do?
    release someone. or make a trade.

I think I heard or maybe read it, that Lehr was all in favor of the deal, probably realizing that this was his next best shot. He's almost 31 and still at AAA. Guys making it to MLB at that age are scarce. Someone else posted, if it was for enough money, maybe BC would be more amenable to releasing Patterson (owing him money still) so Bruce can be called up to where he should be

Quote Originally Posted by gedred69 View Post
    I think I heard or maybe read it, that Lehr was all in favor of the deal, probably realizing that this was his next best shot. He's almost 31 and still at AAA. Guys making it to MLB at that age are scarce. Someone else posted, if it was for enough money, maybe BC would be more amenable to releasing Patterson (owing him money still) so Bruce can be called up to where he should be
    Lehr actually had an agreement he could go to Korea if there was an offer. If I was in his position I'd like to try that, too. Use baseball to have an adventure since it isn't likely by his age that you're going to see the big leagues. I think some of these guys who are journeyman minor leaguers and then go overseas to play in Asia and come home and play some more before hanging it up would be more interesting to sit and shoot the breeze with than a guy who went straight to the big leagues as a youngster.

i wish the kid luck.
    there's nothing like bowling a 300 game! 13 now and retired.

Ricky henderson has a higher OBP than C. patterson and he's retired. C. Trent 6-14-2008

Turn Off Ads?