Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw III

University of Cincinnati

Saw III

I saw this last night with some friends and I left absolutely speechless and unknowing what to think. I thought it was a very good movie. Anyone else see it?
    THE University of Cincinnati

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Re: Saw III

Haven't seen it yet(maybe tomorrow night), but I liked the first two.

I heard that they saved all the best death scenes until this one because they knew by the 3rd it would have horrible actors and a bad storyline

I wasn't a huge fan of 3. The idea of Saw got old in this one because the writers didn't make enough changes to make it interesting. The ending (I thought) was predictable, the shock of the movie is gone, and they try to cover that all up by making it more gruesome than the last two. With the movies already being watered down with gruesome "horror" movies that have weak storylines but try to make it up with blood and gore, I don't really see where this ones stands above the rest. Saw III is basically relying on the fact that it has a cult like following, and they know their fans will come see 3 because of 1 and 2. I was very dissapointed that the movie did not make any effort to change things up.

I saw it the other night and was not real big on it either. I thought the acting was terrible, and like SeeinRed said they just tried to make up for the shortcomings of the movie with all the gore. If all you like about Saw to begin with is the gore and the games then you will like it, but if you are more about the storylines that I thought made the first two good movies your not going to like this one as much.

My friend watched it the other night and said it was horrible... and he liked the previous ones

University of Cincinnati

I also thought the end was pretty predictable, however I still liked it.

BTW I read somewhere that they have a contract to do 9 Saw movies b/c they wanted it to be like Halloween
    THE University of Cincinnati

I really liked the first one. The plot was very good and the suspense was just perfect.

The second one I thought there was too much gore. There was gore just for the sake of there being gore, not to advance the storyline. I turned it off about 3/4 of the way through and have never watched the end of it.

I figured with the 3rd installment, they'd either take the time to finally make a real good film, or it'd be worse than the 2nd. Sounds like from what everyone is saying so far, it's the latter. That's disappointing.
    'When I'm not longer rapping, I want to open up an ice cream parlor and call myself Scoop Dogg.'
    -Snoop on his retirement

Your Mom is happy.

Yeah, the first one wasn't acted out all that greatly either, but when I saw it at the theater I wasn't sure what to expect from it. I was expecting just another slasher movie and it turned out to be so much more. The second one was worse, but it was still watchable.

Quote Originally Posted by beb30 View Post
    I also thought the end was pretty predictable, however I still liked it.

BTW I read somewhere that they have a contract to do 9 Saw movies b/c they wanted it to be like Halloween
    5. Tobin Bell signed on for 5 Saw movies. (Anything more than 4 will be overkill, IMO.)

Quote Originally Posted by TC81190 View Post
    5. Tobin Bell signed on for 5 Saw movies. (Anything more than 4 will be overkill, IMO.)
    Was that pun intended?

Color me unimpressed.

There will be a sequel, but it will be hard to explain how Jigsaw could be brought back from the dead. The Amanda storyline was very predictable, and once the final scences came on, you knew exactly how the movie would end.

I'm also not looking forward to seeing Hostel Part II yet. Just sayin.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Quote Originally Posted by WVRed View Post
    I'm also not looking forward to seeing Hostel Part II yet. Just sayin.
    Is there a movie that has left you more ticked after watching it than Hostel. It is such a frustrating movie and even more frustrating ending. It is almost unwatchable.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    Is there a movie that has left you more ticked after watching it than Hostel. It is such a frustrating movie and even more frustrating ending. It is almost unwatchable.
    Sister Act II was worse, IMO.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by zombie-a-go-go View Post
    Sister Act II was worse, IMO.
    That doesn't meet the criteria for me...... I didn't even watch it. That would be like a test in Saw for me. I would have to watch that movie for a code to open the lock to get out of the room. After the movie, maybe spikes could rise from the ground... I don't know, it doesn't matter. I would end up losing the test and banging my head on the wall until I was either blind and deaf, or dead anyway. If Saw really wanted to be cruel, he could make it a padded room.

Quote Originally Posted by SeeinRed View Post
    That doesn't meet the criteria for me...... I didn't even watch it. That would be like a test in Saw for me. I would have to watch that movie for a code to open the lock to get out of the room. After the movie, maybe spikes could rise from the ground... I don't know, it doesn't matter. I would end up losing the test and banging my head on the wall until I was either blind and deaf, or dead anyway. If Saw really wanted to be cruel, he could make it a padded room.
    "It's easier to give up. I'm not a very vocal player. I lead by example. I take the attitude that I've got to go out and do it. Because of who I am, I've got to give everything I've got to come back."
    -Ken Griffey Jr.

Turn Off Ads?