Turn Off Ads?
Page 6 of 27 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: NHL 2013

Resident optimist OldRightHander's Avatar

Re: NHL 2013

Quote Originally Posted by MikeThierry View Post
    How was your experience OldRightHander?

On a side note, was the techno music blaring loud there? I heard it on the broadcast and I normally don't notice it. It seemed loud and annoying. Maybe I'm just too used to a real organ playing music.
    The music was pretty annoying. They hardly used the organist. Other than that, it was great. There were some other Blues fans sitting around me and the locals were pretty listless after the first couple goals. All in all, I had a blast. First game in person in a few years. I'm going to have to make a road trip maybe.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

https://www.amazon.com/Charles-DeMaris/e/B07BD4JBQB

2. Likes:

MikeThierry (02-01-2013)

3. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by OldRightHander View Post
    The music was pretty annoying. They hardly used the organist. Other than that, it was great. There were some other Blues fans sitting around me and the locals were pretty listless after the first couple goals. All in all, I had a blast. First game in person in a few years. I'm going to have to make a road trip maybe.
    Games at the Scottrade Center are fun. It's a great atmosphere, especially when a rival like the Hawks or Wings are in town.

Games at the Scottrade Center are fun. It's a great atmosphere, especially when a rival like the Hawks or Wings are in town.
    I've been a few times, but it's been a while. When I was driving I would find myself in town but never on a game day or if there was a game I'd end up with a load and have to split. The last time I was there, Pronger scored a goal.
    The contents of this post may be disseminated without the express written consent of the Cincinnati Reds or Major League Baseball.

Has anyone ever been so angry at a sport they just watch that they almost destroy their TV set by throwing a remote at it?

Has anyone ever been so angry at a sport they just watch that they almost destroy their TV set by throwing a remote at it?
    I've seen a couple Bengals fans do that personally. I'm surprised I haven't seen it more.

8. Likes:

MikeThierry (02-02-2013)

Let me guess, the Backes penalty?

10. Likes:

MikeThierry (02-02-2013)

Let me guess, the Backes penalty?
    One of the worst penalties I've ever seen. The officiating in that game was beyond horrible and both teams got bad calls. However, the Backes penalty was beyond the pale. The NHL is affirming my belief that it is the most poorly run league in North America as it pertains to officiating. What a joke.

I don't let sports affect me, so no id never throw anything out of sports anger

nor do I think any of the big four leagues trot out sub standard officials

Seems counter intuitive

13. Likes:

MikeThierry (02-02-2013)

Detroit must be really bad

What we're seeing in the NHL and the NFL is an effort to protect players from head injuries and at times that leads to calls like this where an official goes too far to the point of penalizing a clean play. He hit him clean and his head snapped back, so the referee goes overboard and calls what he perceived to be a head blow, but with where he was positioned, there was no way he could have seen a blow to the head had one occurred. I saw several clean hits penalized in the NFL this past season as well where someone just came close to the head. In this case, you had a major penalty handed out with ten minutes remaining in a tie game. That kind of call has a good chance of directly affecting the outcome of a game, so the referee has to be absolutely that he actually saw the infraction. Games should be settled by the players, not by the referees.

16. Likes:

MikeThierry (02-04-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by 5TimeWSChamps View Post
    Detroit must be really bad
    Second night games are going to break some teams this short season

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Second night games are going to break some teams this short season
    Ya. Hawks just got absolutely molested in front of my home crowd in Calgary. Luckily every puck bounced the right way, and we got a fluke goal with 2 seconds left to tie.

But really, had no legs tonight. Hawks dont get outshot often, let alone by 30 in one game!

20. Likes:

MikeThierry (02-04-2013)

What we're seeing in the NHL and the NFL is an effort to protect players from head injuries and at times that leads to calls like this where an official goes too far to the point of penalizing a clean play. He hit him clean and his head snapped back, so the referee goes overboard and calls what he perceived to be a head blow, but with where he was positioned, there was no way he could have seen a blow to the head had one occurred. I saw several clean hits penalized in the NFL this past season as well where someone just came close to the head. In this case, you had a major penalty handed out with ten minutes remaining in a tie game. That kind of call has a good chance of directly affecting the outcome of a game, so the referee has to be absolutely that he actually saw the infraction. Games should be settled by the players, not by the referees.
    I think a good idea for a major like that is replay if the player is being kicked out of the game.

I think a good idea for a major like that is replay if the player is being kicked out of the game.
    Maybe if someone gets screwed out of a playoff game 7...

Turn Off Ads?