Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 73 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    Okay, then the writers just got lazy and non caring:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030103497.html

There's a lot of little questions that unfortunately we just don't have time to answer in the amount of time that we have left," co-creator Cuse told the uber-fans.

What with trying to keep all the intertwining story lines straight, it's probably slipped his mind that the "time we lave left" was determined years ago by Cuse and Lindelof themselves, which would seem to suggest that running out of time was something they had, um, planned.
    I honestly don't think it was lazy. I just think they kept trying to keep people constantly on the edge of their seats, throwing in new twists and turns, and by the time it got to the last season, they had too many pressing questions and not enough time to answer them effectively.

That said, while there were certainly some things that weren't really addressed, I don't think they left any major details that drastically hurt the conclusion by omission. None of the omissions, in my opinion, were vital to the story.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

The only problem I had with last week's episode was who is running the car wash when Flynn and Skylar left? Who is going to tell people to have an A1 day?
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisor View Post
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

4. Likes:

Brutus (09-17-2013),Roy Tucker (09-17-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    The only problem I had with last week's episode was who is running the car wash when Flynn and Skylar left? Who is going to tell people to have an A1 day?
    I like to imagine it's Skinny Pete and Badger.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

6. Likes:

Brutus (09-17-2013),Chip R (09-17-2013),Homer Bailey (09-17-2013),NebraskaRed (09-18-2013),Tom Servo (09-18-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-18-2013)

I am glad this series has only two episodes left to go. I think it is ending at the right time where they are on top, haven't had to contrive story lines to produce another season +.

This entire season you have seen Walt try to end everything and return to his family. In a nice turn of events Walt is free with $11M in his possession ready to take his family and run. However when Walt Jr. finds out its over. Walt is starting to hurt the people he has cared about the most. His begging for Hank's life, Walt Jr knowing, even his betrayal of Jessie, then trying to leave and not being listened to.

Your starting to find out how this season started with a different identity. If I had to be Walt is going out guns a blazing trying to rescue Jessie.

I think if Walt comes back to save Jesse it is because he also has been told his cancer is 100% terminal. We can probably assume he isn't doing chemo because his hair is fully grown back in the flash forward. So I'd say he'd come back to take out the Nazis to salvage some semblance of a decent legacy if he knows he's going to die anyway. Right now I can't see him coming back to save Jesse just on its own merits since he ordered Jesse's death. Perhaps a few months he would re-consider, but I think he'd need an ulterior motive. I think in this scenario the ricin is for Lydia's tea so that Walt completely wipes out his old empire.

Now if the Nazis have threatened his family, he comes back no matter what.

Although I'm sure there will be clarity on this after the last two episodes air, I'm a little confused on the timing of all this.

We know Walt says he has "work to do" and that he goes off with his new identity. Although we can't be sure, we're led to believe he leaves for New Hampshire the next day. We also know from flash forwards that he doesn't come back until after his 52nd birthday, which I believe is still another 4-6 months off in the distance.

So that leads me to a couple of questions:

1. Is he deliberately waiting to get back at the Aryans until after he can stage a fake death and get the heat off him or will it be something else that causes him to come back for retribution (i.e. Marie and his family being killed when the Aryans are coming back to get all the evidence Hank had during the investigation)?

2. Assuming something happens to the rest of his family which is what prompts him to come back, I'm not sure why he would wait 4-6 months to come back. And if he does, will Jesse be a prisoner for that long?

I think we all get the gist of some of the things that could happen from here, but the timing is a bit fuzzy for me.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by RiverRat13 View Post
    I think if Walt comes back to save Jesse it is because he also has been told his cancer is 100% terminal. We can probably assume he isn't doing chemo because his hair is fully grown back in the flash forward. So I'd say he'd come back to take out the Nazis to salvage some semblance of a decent legacy if he knows he's going to die anyway. Right now I can't see him coming back to save Jesse just on its own merits since he ordered Jesse's death. Perhaps a few months he would re-consider, but I think he'd need an ulterior motive. I think in this scenario the ricin is for Lydia's tea so that Walt completely wipes out his old empire.

Now if the Nazis have threatened his family, he comes back no matter what.
    Yeah, I can't imagine him going back just to save Jesse. He was ok with Jesse being tortured and then killed and he told Jesse the one thing that he knew would inflict as much emotional damage as possible. I'd sooner believe he's going back to get his money than to save Jesse.

Maybe there will be a montage of Walt coming to terms with how evil he has become and the only thing he can do is save Jesse and allow Jesse to be his judge. Doesn't seem likely though.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Why did the Aryans agree to kill Jesse only if Walt cooked for them (or showed them how), yet they were immediately ready to say goodbye to Walt and kill Jesse after the shootout? Who was going to cook for them?

My initial thought was that the 80 million made them suddenly uninterested in the meth business, but that's clearly not the case by the end of the episode.

Quote Originally Posted by NebraskaRed View Post
    My initial thought was that the 80 million made them suddenly uninterested in the meth business, but that's clearly not the case by the end of the episode.
    I figured the 80 million does pretty much squash their interest in the meth, but for Todd, he has to get the blue meth to get into Lydia's pantsuit.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

13. Likes:

Roy Tucker (09-19-2013),Wonderful Monds (09-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    I figured the 80 million does pretty much squash their interest in the meth, but for Todd, he has to get the blue meth to get into Lydia's pantsuit.
    Yeah I think Todd was the one that wanted Jesse to show him how to cook. I don't think the rest of the bunch really care about the meth any longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Homer Bailey View Post
    I too am extremely intrigued to hear what the plot holes are.

I've actually never seen a show execute so well as it neared its end. Every other great show to me almost always faded at the end, and left me extremely unsatisfied. I thought last night's episode was the greatest single hour of dramatic television I've ever witnessed.
    First, let's define plot holes. Plot holes are simply plot points which seem unbelievable to the viewer. Every show has them. They don't necessarily ruin a show, it depends on how big the plot shows are and how good the rest of the show is. It also varies from viewer to viewer.

If a show is engaging and has great characters and dialogue, most viewers will ignore plot holes, no matter how big. The less engaging the show, the more annoying the plot holes become.

On Breaking Bad, the plot holes that are annoying for me, are when certain characters, who up until then, have been extremely smart and careful, do something incredibly stupid, and out of character, which results in a major, essential plot point.

Most obvious one, and there are many other examples, is Mike's death. Mike was the most careful and most experienced criminal of all the characters on the show. But he completely let his guard down, and did something incredibly stupid (meet Walt alone in a secluded area, plus not checking the bag he received from Walt at first), that resulted in his death, an essential plot point.

This was so out of character for Mike, that the actor playing him had a hard time finding the motivation for that scene. He said that even he couldn't make himself believe that Mike was that careless, so the only way he could find the proper motivation for the scene was to assume that Mike was committing suicide.

For me, that was a very big plot hole, that made me go, "Come on!" and want to throw something at the screen. But I think most people let it go, because they wanted to let it go. The show has been so engaging, and the characters so rich, that it was easy to ignore.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

They call me "chef"

What were Mike's options? He needed his bag, couldn't get to the bag or any of his stuff because of the police on his tail, and he adamantly refused to let Jesse help or be involved. Did he have another hole buried in the ground with more guns in case he needs protection for retrieving his other gun?

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    First, let's define plot holes. Plot holes are simply plot points which seem unbelievable to the viewer. Every show has them. They don't necessarily ruin a show, it depends on how big the plot shows are and how good the rest of the show is. It also varies from viewer to viewer.

If a show is engaging and has great characters and dialogue, most viewers will ignore plot holes, no matter how big. The less engaging the show, the more annoying the plot holes become.

On Breaking Bad, the plot holes that are annoying for me, are when certain characters, who up until then, have been extremely smart and careful, do something incredibly stupid, and out of character, which results in a major, essential plot point.

Most obvious one, and there are many other examples, is Mike's death. Mike was the most careful and most experienced criminal of all the characters on the show. But he completely let his guard down, and did something incredibly stupid (meet Walt alone in a secluded area, plus not checking the bag he received from Walt at first), that resulted in his death, an essential plot point.

This was so out of character for Mike, that the actor playing him had a hard time finding the motivation for that scene. He said that even he couldn't make himself believe that Mike was that careless, so the only way he could find the proper motivation for the scene was to assume that Mike was committing suicide.

For me, that was a very big plot hole, that made me go, "Come on!" and want to throw something at the screen. But I think most people let it go, because they wanted to let it go. The show has been so engaging, and the characters so rich, that it was easy to ignore.
    Actually those are contrivances. A plot hole would have been if the Nazis had come out to To'hajiilee but Walt never called them to give them the coordinates. A good example of a plot hole is in the movie "My Cousin Vinny." Vinny "corrects" the judge to say that his name is Jerry Callo. But his girlfriend isn't there. They did have a argument at the diner afterwards but she left before he told her about the name change. There is never an opportunity for Vinny to tell her that he changed his name to Callo, yet she was able to call the judge in New York to get the judge's clerk to fax a letter documenting the stellar record of Jerry Callo.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

18. Likes:

Brutus (09-18-2013),Homer Bailey (09-18-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Actually those are contrivances. A plot hole would have been if the Nazis had come out to To'hajiilee but Walt never called them to give them the coordinates. A good example of a plot hole is in the movie "My Cousin Vinny." Vinny "corrects" the judge to say that his name is Jerry Callo. But his girlfriend isn't there. They did have a argument at the diner afterwards but she left before he told her about the name change. There is never an opportunity for Vinny to tell her that he changed his name to Callo, yet she was able to call the judge in New York to get the judge's clerk to fax a letter documenting the stellar record of Jerry Callo.
    They are both plot holes. They both are unbelievable. In the Cousin Vinny case, there are still plausible explanations for how she knew his real name, they just aren't believable. Same difference.

And in both cases, no one cared, because the story was so good.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Quote Originally Posted by 757690 View Post
    They are both plot holes. They both are unbelievable. In the Cousin Vinny case, there are still plausible explanations for how she knew his real name, they just aren't believable. Same difference.

And in both cases, no one cared, because the story was so good.
    There's a difference between unbelievable and logically impossible.
    I was wrong
    Chip is right

Turn Off Ads?