Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Rays Could Move Kazmir

Rays Could Move Kazmir

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

y Eddie Schmid [July 23 at 5:54pm CST]

According to Ed Price at AOL Fanhouse, the Rays are itching to deal, with Roy Halladay, Victor Martinez and Cliff Lee on the radar. Now, they're apparently willing to dangle Scott Kazmir as part of a deal, and the Angels are said to have "some interest" in acquiring him.

The Rays are four games out of first place and were on the bad end of Mark Buehrle's perfect game today, which could be an impetus to make an impact deal. Kazmir has struggled mightily this season, putting up a 6.69 ERA and 58/40 K/BB ratio. He makes $6MM this year and has $22.5MM remaining on his contract after this season.
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Rays Could Move Kazmir

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9...nge-on-payroll
    They may move Crawford as well. Both would be excellant targets for the Reds to be part of a three team deal. I just reread the article and would swear the language earlier said they were more open to moving Crawford than it says now.

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/9...nge-on-payroll
    They may move Crawford as well. Both would be excellant targets for the Reds to be part of a three team deal. I just reread the article and would swear the language earlier said they were more open to moving Crawford than it says now.
    Sometimes these reporters are getting information from sources inside the organization. It's not uncommon after a web report is published that a reporter will get a call from a source asking them to remove or edit a statement concerning their team.

I know this as I have had it happen to me before in my field. It's pretty common, actually.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Mr.Redlegs is my homeboy Eric_the_Red's Avatar

For the Reds, Crawford yes. Kazmir, no no no.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_the_Red View Post
    For the Reds, Crawford yes. Kazmir, no no no.
    +1, I follow the Rays quite a bit, and Kazmir is surgery waiting to happen. I'd take Crawford in a heartbeat, I'd want him long term.

Quote Originally Posted by hebroncougar View Post
    +1, I follow the Rays quite a bit, and Kazmir is surgery waiting to happen. I'd take Crawford in a heartbeat, I'd want him long term.
    For sure. Crawford is what Walt was praying Willy could be.

Rumors have been swirling around for a few days involving the Rays and Victor Martinez, however the Rays have been very reluctant to part with their young pitching. Could be they are offering existing MLB players to teams.

Cordero for Crawford might work as the Rays need a closer in the worst way. I would imagine Walt would need to eat some of the contract to work it out.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFelixCat View Post
    For sure. Crawford is what Walt was praying Willy could be.
    Taveras becoming like Crawford? I don't think anyone could think that. Even Willy.
    Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Cordero for Crawford might work as the Rays need a closer in the worst way. I would imagine Walt would need to eat some of the contract to work it out.
    I have doubts that Crawford will be moved but if he is he'll fetch alot more than that.

Turn Off Ads?