Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Recommended TV Shows (that most of US is missing)

Re: Recommended TV Shows (that most of US is missing)

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    Not a major network show, but I really like 'Iconoclasts' on the Sundance channel.

http://www.sundancechannel.com/featu...ixContent=8381

The episodes with Redford & Newman, Dave Chappelle & Maya Angelou, Isabella Rossellini & Dean Kamen, Mario Batali & Michael Stipe were entertaining and interesting.

And there was one with Fiona Apple & Quentin Tarantino that pretty much just confirmed what I already suspected: Tarantino has a whole squadron of bats in his belfry.
    Fiona Apple is no walk in the park, either.
    "I prefer books and movies where the conflict isn't of the extreme cannibal apocalypse variety I guess." Redsfaithful

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Footstool View Post
    Fiona Apple is no walk in the park, either.
    No question, but she's a more subdued kind of crazy. QT's crazy goes to eleven.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by registerthis View Post
    30 Rock. Definitely. Alec Baldwin is fantastic--I never much cared for him before this, but the Jack Donaghey role was simply made for him.
    I must say I've been pleasantly surprised. Although I enjoyed Tina Fey on SNL, I had a feeling that, much like SNL, the writing would feature moments of brilliance surrounded by a great deal of mediocrity. But after my wife started going on about it, I caught a few episodes and got hooked. I think Alec Baldwin, Tracey Morgan, and the guy who plays Kenneth make the show.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

I like "Psych" on USA.
    School's out. What did you expect?

Quote Originally Posted by pedro View Post
    I like "Psych" on USA.
    Same here. I really like "Monk" which is right before Psych and for a while I flipped the channel but now I keep it on USA for both shows.

30 Rock I was skeptical about for a long time but I've been watching it the last few weeks. Funny most of the time with three or four absolutely hilarious moments per show. Alec Baldwin is really good, giving Steve Carell's Michael Scott a run for his money as the funniest character on TV right now.
    "It's still a long way to the top if we want to rock'n'roll, but at least they dumped the tuba player."
    --M2

Curb Your Enthusiasm by Larry David on HBO. I'm starting to collect the first few season DVDs. It's hilarious. The guy was the true brain behind Seinfeld.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Reno 911.

I'm pretty sure that I read online a week or so ago that "Knights of Prosperity" has already gotten the official axe. I'm not sure if they are still airing completed episodes or not.

EDIT: Ok, so I went back and looked this up, and I guess they've just moved it to a new timeslot because it was getting killed by American Idol. Talks like it is on it's last legs though.
    Last edited by MrsHammer; 02-14-2007 at 02:20 PM.

The Wire, on HBO. Best show on television, but most people haven't even heard of it I don't think, although season 4 got a lot more press than previous seasons.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    Curb Your Enthusiasm by Larry David on HBO. I'm starting to collect the first few season DVDs. It's hilarious. The guy was the true brain behind Seinfeld.
    This show has unfortunately been canceled, but it is really hilarious.

La Dolce Vita

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Wow! I didn't know "Curb" wasn't coming back. One of my all time favorites.

This and "Deadwood"...what's happening w/ HBO?
    teach tolerance.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeRed27 View Post
    Guh? I love CYE (and I'm huge David fan) but I've heard nothing about it being canceled. They added Vivica A. Fox to the cast in December and I believe Jeff Garlin was quoted as saying recently that they would be filming this spring. Larry David supposedly pays for a large majority of the show (at least that's what I heard from a friend) to have flexibility of when he shoots so he can take the time to properly write each season.

La Dolce Vita

Hope you're right, Mission. I haven't done any research on it. I do know HBO still shows shots of it during ads for their series.
    teach tolerance.

Sorry let me clarify something about Curb. It has not been officially canceled but it has not been renewed for a 6th season and no new episodes have been shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Jpup View Post
    Friday Night Lights
    Ditto
    Will trade this space for a #1 starter.

Turn Off Ads?