Turn Off Ads?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Yasiel Puig

Re: Yasiel Puig

Puig just made a Votto-esque error out in right, lest you believe he isn't human.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Servo View Post
    Puig just made a Votto-esque error out in right, lest you believe he isn't human.
    He inadvertently kicked a ball in the stands earlier, too, resulting in a ground rule double.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Who is actually Pablo.
    His good friends call him Pedro.

5.3 Posts Abv Replacement BluegrassRedleg's Avatar

44 for his first 100.
    Rounding third and heading for home...

Quote Originally Posted by klw View Post
    What is interesting to me is that despite all the excitement he has brought the Dodgers all now being swept up as a team. Are they just that bad a squad? What is their issue?
    I posted the above as the Dodgers were in the middle of losing to the Padres. They lost again the next day to fall to 30-42. They have gone 40-8 since.

First line of the quote was supposed to be "Dodgers are not ..." I hate typing on the Ipad and its auto-correct.

Down to .353

8. Likes:

Ghosts of 1990 (09-02-2013)

So, what'd he do to tick Mattingly off enough to yank his fanny out of a game?

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Down to .353
    Cut him lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by foxfire123 View Post
    So, what'd he do to tick Mattingly off enough to yank his fanny out of a game?
    Aggravated a strained knee?

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

This is the most impressive player I've seen come into this league in a decade. He hits a lot like Manny after watching him extensively but plays harder than Ramirez did and has more speed and a better arm and might end up being a gold glove defender.

I am more impressed by Puig then I was of Harper, Heyward, J. Upton, any number of big prospects that have came into the league and everything I read was that he was a decent but not all-world prospect. The scouts weren't favorable enough to him in my opinion. He's a guy who could be a 30-40 home run guy and hit .330 with 30 steals during his peak I think. As the years go on and he develops discipline I think he's going to walk more and be a .900 OPS bat.

I think the Dodgers win the World Series this year or at least reach it because of this guy mainly. Don Mattingly probably wouldn't have a job right now without him.
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Sabe Puig as my LA friends tell me. Gonna check him out Sat at GABP. However the Dodgers aren't winning the WS cause the Reds are about to get hot and that distinction is theres and theres alone! Mark it down! There about to get hot!
    Last edited by Jones1; 09-03-2013 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Aggravated a strained knee?
    No, not that time, last week Mattingly yanked him in the 5th (i think...), but never said exactly why, just that it was a "team internal issue".

I heard he's got a prima donna attitude that they're trying to rein in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghosts of 1990 View Post
    This is the most impressive player I've seen come into this league in a decade.
    I'm not saying it is this cut and dry...but have you heard of Mike Trout (and he was a couple years younger his first season)?

16. Likes:

Brutus (09-03-2013),nmculbreth (09-03-2013),Tom Servo (09-03-2013),westofyou (09-03-2013)

Puig's stirkeouts outnumber his walks almost 3:1. He swings and misses at nearly one out of every five pitches thrown to him. And is his isolated power is a decent but not great .213.

I don't mind being a broken record, but when his .425 BABIP normalizes next year or whenever, he's going to look like just another free swinger with some tools.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    Puig's stirkeouts outnumber his walks almost 3:1. He swings and misses at nearly one out of every five pitches thrown to him. And is his isolated power is a decent but not great .213.

I don't mind being a broken record, but when his .425 BABIP normalizes next year or whenever, he's going to look like just another free swinger with some tools.
    It's unsustainable

19. Likes:

Brutus (09-03-2013),Tom Servo (09-03-2013)

Turn Off Ads?