Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Next 10 games ((MIL STL CHC)) How big is this!>?

The Next 10 games ((MIL STL CHC)) How big is this!>?

Its still early for a make or break type stretch of games.

But boy this is as close as it gets.

The next 10 games for the reds if all goes well we could be on top of the NL Central, by a long shot. However it could be the exact opposite as well if all goes bad. We could be slammed back down to the dumpster with only a 1 month to recover before the all-star break!

I'd be thrilled with 7-3

I would be ehhh not very inspried about a 5-5.

Anything worse than a 5-5 Than were in trouble.

I havent been this excited for a series of games for the reds for as long as i can remember!

THIS...IS...HUGE!

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Votto = MVP

Re: The Next 10 games ((MIL STL CHC)) How big is this!>?

I agree, these next games are huge for us if we want to be recognized as legit contenders. While I think a rough stretch wouldn't kill our chances in the NL Central, I still think that anything less than 6-4 could hurt the morale of this team. If they pull off a 7-3 or 8-2 or anything of those sorts, the excitement and momentum of this team could turn into something we haven't seen in Cincy for quite some time.
    2009 Attendance Record: 7-2

10 games. Everyone pitches twice. That includes a healthy Volquez I trust.

We'll really find out how good this rotation is now! I think 6-4 is very doable. I'll be disappointed with anything short of 6 wins.

Dude Rock

Brewers are struggling.
    Cards don't match up well with us.
    Cubs are struggling.
    Reds are AWESOME!!!!! WOO-HOO!!!!!

First, they need to beat Houston tonight (while they are not playing well). After that, I would be happy with 5-5. It is a tough stretch of games, 7 on the road, and a lot of season afterward. The Reds have proven that they can beat those teams. I think 7-3 is realistic, but I would not be upset with 5-5, and I don't think the team would either.

Quote Originally Posted by defender View Post
    First, they need to beat Houston tonight (while they are not playing well). After that, I would be happy with 5-5. It is a tough stretch of games, 7 on the road, and a lot of season afterward. The Reds have proven that they can beat those teams. I think 7-3 is realistic, but I would not be upset with 5-5, and I don't think the team would either.
    i almost wish they lose tonight. That way their more likely to go on a 7 game winning streak. And not due to lose.

No matter what happens, the excitement is returning to Cincinnati baseball. This team is teetering on the edge of something special. I hope the front office gives the final push over the hump before the trade deadline and during free agency this winter. We are so close.

The Future is Now Ghosts of 1990's Avatar

Safe to say this is the biggest 10 game stretch in the past decade
    2009 Attendance Record: 3-5 2010 Attendance Record: 2-9 2015 Attendance Record: 2-0
    2011 Attendance Record: 3-4 2012 Attendance Record: 3-4
    2013 Attendance Record: 5-2 2014 Attendance Record: 3-1

Winning the Human Race TheBigLebowski's Avatar

It's big, for sure, but don't get bent out of shape over a 4-6/3-7 type of performance. It's waaaaaay too early for anything to be make-or-break, and the team is due to regress to the norm on the road.

Still, there is no doubt about the fact that Reds Baseball is finally fun and exciting again.
    “The crows seem to be calling my name,” thought Caw.

Dude Rock

Brewers lost again. Woo-hoo!!!! I hope their confidence is low.

Nice to see a positive thread. Although 6-4 or better over the next 10 is much desired, 5-5 would be acceptable this early in the season. (I just hope Cubbies continue to fall apart so more of their obnoxious fans stay home next weekend). Zambrano shows again why he isn't the best pitcher in all of baseball, even though he should be! What a total psychotic........

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigLebowski View Post
    It's big, for sure, but don't get bent out of shape over a 4-6/3-7 type of performance. It's waaaaaay too early for anything to be make-or-break, and the team is due to regress to the norm on the road.

Still, there is no doubt about the fact that Reds Baseball is finally fun and exciting again.
    No one is going to get bent out of shape over a 4-6/3-7 type of performance, because it just isn't going to happen

I'll take 6-4 or higher. 6-4 would keep pace with the division and not lose any ground but anything higher could give the Reds the lead in June, something I never would have thought could happen in March.

"The Battlin Red Legs" are going 7-3

2-1 against the Brewers
    3-1 against the Cards
    2-1 against the cubbies

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn_RedsFan View Post
    "The Battlin Red Legs"
    Seriously, how many times did Jim Day say that last night?

Turn Off Ads?