Turn Off Ads?
Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324 LastLast

Thread: Weekly Big 10 Prediction Thread

Re: Weekly Big 10 Prediction Thread

Here's the final regular season standings. Double check everything. I did, but that don't mean squat! LOL

CONGRATS TO kaldaniels who finished perfect in both categories this week.

NOTE to Heather: you didn't pick a winner in the Florida State-Va. Tech game, so I left that game out.

It was a lot of fun folks. I enjoy doing it.

WEEK #14 STANDINGS - FINAL

Code:
    BIG TEN

kaldaniels               58-14      .805
    OSUredsFAN               61-15      .802
    Danny Serafini           61-16      .792
    texasdave                56-16      .777
    bucksfan2                54-16      .771
    cumberlandreds           59-18      .766
    HeatherC1212             59-18
    OUReds                   59-18
    Revering4Blue            58-19      .753
    Reds Fanatic             58-19 
    BuckeyeRed27             42-14      .750         
    Buckeye33                57-20      .740
    Hoosier Red              57-20
    GAC                      56-20      .7368
    Captain Hook             53-19      .7361
    Cedric                   30-11      .7317 
    Slyder                   49-18      .7313

GAC'S PICKS

GAC                      75-32         .700  (Whew!)
    Captain Hook             69-30         .696
    cumberlandreds           75-34         .688
    kaldaniels               69-32         .683
    Danny Serafini           74-35         .678      
    Reds Fanatic             74-35      
    texasdave                67-32         .6767
    Slyder                   69-33         .6764
    HeatherC1212             73-35         .675  
    Revering4Blue            73-36         .669
    OSUredsFAN               71-36         .663
    Buckeye33                70-39         .642
    OUReds                   66-42         .611
    Hoosier Red              66-43         .605
    bucksfan2                55-36         .604
    BuckeyeRed27             55-39         .585       
    Cedric                   27-20         .574
    Last edited by GAC; 12-05-2010 at 05:55 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

2. Turn Off Ads?

Now get ready for the Bowl games.

I'll get the schedule up as soon as it is finalized.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Joey Votto Fangirl HeatherC1212's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    NOTE to Heather: you didn't pick a winner in the Florida State-Va. Tech game, so I left that game out.
    Shoot, I meant to pick VT and must have forgotten to bold it.

Well, I did better at the GAC picks this year than I did last year but a few of the Big Ten games were a little floopy for me. Not too bad overall though. Something to build on for next year! Thanks again for doing all this work, GAC!!
    "I tried to play golf, but I found out I wasn't very good." -Joey Votto on his offseason hobby search

An MLB.com reporter asked what one thing Votto couldn’t do. “I can’t skate or play hockey,” Votto said. “Well, I can skate ... but I can’t stop.”

My name may be on top of the standings but a huge tip of the hat to osuredsfan and danny as those 2 guys picked the most winners this year. I'm glad you enjoy running this GAC, as always thanks for a fun contest this year.

Hats off to the winners and thanks again to GAC for all his efforts. Bowls and point spreads coming up. This could get ugly for me.

Thanks a lot, Bowie Kuhn Revering4Blue's Avatar

Minnesota has hired Northern Illinois coach Jerry Kill as football coach, a source confirmed Sunday night.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=5888840

Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    Bowls and point spreads coming up. This could get ugly for me.
    It was ugly a lot of us last year. Here were the final Bowl standings.....

Code:
                       W          L         PCT%      

Spring~Fields      21         13        .617
    Hoosier Red        18         16        .529
    Danny Serafini     18         16        
    OSUredsFAN         17         17        .500
    GAC                14         20        .411
    BuckeyeRed27       14         20        
    Revering4Blue      13         21        .382    
    cumberlandreds     13         21

Thanks GAC for doing this. I know its a lot of work. I did this on another board a few years ago. I at least tied for the most right in GAC's picks with 75. I should learn to leave out some picks to get the highest percentage.
    I'm not looking forward to the bowl picks. I'm always horrible at those.
    Reds Fan Since 1971

Thanks again GAC and congrats to everyone that participated.I can't imagine a group of people doing much better then we did.

OK. Vegas has released their odds for the Bowl schedule and here is where I got them from...

http://www.thespread.com/ncaaf-artic...odds-a-spreads

You'll notice there are a couple games where they don't give odds and list it as N/A. I don't know what this means. Maybe some of you do. Is it because Vegas is still figuring the odds on those games and they'll issue them later? Or maybe they don't want to give odds? Don't know.

Also.... I'd hold off, wait till as late as possible, to post your picks because it's still early and those odds could change due to unforeseen circumstances that could arise between now and then (player injury, etc). So I'll keep checking back on those odds, between now and then, to see if any change.

And I'm instituting ONE RULE..... All are welcome and encouraged to participate. And that includes anyone who didn't participate during the regular season. The more the merrier. But to make things easier ON ME one must make picks on ALL THE BOWL GAMES. I'm not going to try to sort out and track those that may decide they only want to pick certain games, or the more "important" ones. Just too hard on this old man's mind.

Have fun.... and may the best man (or woman) win.

Code:
        DATE            BOWL                               TEAMS                             

DEC 18      New Mexico                      BYu VS UTE +12
             DEC 18      uDrove Humanitarian             N. ILINOIS -3 VS FRESNO STATE
             DEC 18      R+L Carriers New Orleans        OHIO VS TROY  EVEN
             DEC 21      Beef 'O' Brady's St.            S. MISSISSIPPI VS LOUISVILLE -3
             DEC 22      MAACO Las Vegas                 UTAH +17 VS BOISE STATE
             DEC 23      Poinsettia                      NAVY VS SAN DIEGO STATE -3
             DEC 24      Sheraton Hawaii                 HAWAII -12 VS TULSA
             DEC 26      Little Caesars                  FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL VS TOLEDO -2.5
             DEC 27      AdvoCare V100 Independence      AIR FORCE VS GEORGIA TECH  N/A
             DEC 28      Champs Sports                   WEST VIRGINIA VS N. CAROLINA STATE +2
             DEC 28      Insight                         MISSOURI -1 VS IOWA
             DEC 29      Military BowL                   E. CAROLINA +8 VS MARYLAND
             DEC 29      Texas                           ILLINOIS VS BAYLOR -2.5
             DEC 29      Valero Alamo                    OKLAHOMA STATE VS ARIZONA +6.5
             DEC 30      Bell Helicopter Armed Forces    ARMY VS SMU -7
             DEC 30      New Era Pinstripe               KANSAS STATE VS SYRACUSE +2.5
             DEC 30      Music City                      N. CAROLINA -1 VS TENNESSEE
             DEC 30      Bridgepoint Education Holiday   NEBRASKA -13.5 VS WASHINGTON
             DEC 31      Meineke Car Care                SOUTH FLORIDA VS CLEMSON -4.5
             DEC 31      Hyundai Sun                     NOTRE DAME +3 VS MIAMI
             DEC 31      AutoZone Liberty                GEORGIA -7 VS UCF
             DEC 31      Chick-fil-A                     S. CAROLINA -3 VS FLORIDA STATE
             JAN 1       TicketCity                      NORTHWESTERN -10 VS TEXAS TECH
             JAN 1       Outback BOWL                    FLORIDA -7.5 VS PENN STATE
             JAN 1       Capital One                     ALABAMA VS MICHIGAN STATE +11
             JAN 1       Gator BowL                      MISSISSIPPI STATE VS MICHIGAN -5.5
             JAN 1       Rose Bowl                       WISCONSIN VS TCU -2.5
             JAN 1       Tostitos Fiesta                 CONNECTICUT +17 VS OKLAHOMA
             JAN 3       Discover Orange                 STANFORD -3 VS VIRGINIA TECH
             JAN 4       Allstate Sugar                  OHIO STATE -3 VS ARKANSAS
             JAN 6       GoDaddy.com                     MIDDLE TENNESSEE VS MIAMI (OH) -1.5
             JAN 7       AT&T Cotton                     LSU VS TEXAS A&M    N/A
             JAN 8       BBVA Compass Bowl               PITTSBURGH -2.5 VS KENTUCKY
             JAN 9       Kraft Fight Hunger              NEVADA VS BOSTON COLLEGE +9.5
             JAN 10      Tostitos BCS Championship Game  OREGON VS AUBURN -2.5
    Last edited by GAC; 12-09-2010 at 05:10 AM.

So are we just picking winners or we doing it on spreads?
    Quote Originally Posted by teamselig
    The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change, the realist adjusts the sails.

William Arthur Ward

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    You'll notice there are a couple games where they don't give odds and list it as N/A. I don't know what this means. Maybe some of you do. Is it because Vegas is still figuring the odds on those games and they'll issue them later? Or maybe they don't want to give odds? Don't know.
    Usually when they don't list the odds on a game there is some factor like maybe an injury situation they are not sure of that they will try to get more information on before they post the odds.

Just curious, has anyone in this thread picked Ohio State to lose in any week this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    I was under the assumption that we are picking against the spread.

Quote Originally Posted by Slyder View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by texasdave View Post
    I was under the assumption that we are picking against the spread.
    Absolutely right dave. You're to pick your winners utilizing the spreads.

Turn Off Ads?