Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I think this Will turn out GREAT!!

I think this Will turn out GREAT!!

I really dont think this is going to hurt the Redlegs.

We lost two games. You know what, after all that, we win today and still are above them in the standings.

This team is ready.

They are playing hard, being bashed in the media, and they are going to rally together and make this thing happen.

I really think that the Cards have won the initial battle, but the Reds are going to win the war.

This will prove to be the best thing to happen to the Reds in quite some time. BP opened his yap, hasnt wimped out and backed off his words. He spoke the truth, the Cards got mad and like Welsh said last night, started fighting because they were called a name.

They showed exactly why they are a bunch of little beyatches.

Time for the Reds to finish strong and kick their balls in the dirt.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: I think this Will turn out GREAT!!

couldn't have said it much better myself. of course that's just how I feel.

I might be the only here who isn't that pissed that we have lost the first two games and if I was a betting man, believes we will lose today vs. Wainwright. Maybe this Reds teams needs to be woken up, shown that while they are having a nice season, it takes that extra little something to move to the next level. Now I am not sure if we have "it" this season, but I think this team can grow more off of this sweep then any other losses this season. You don't dethrone the champ in just one season, check out any pro sport and you will see that the new kid on the block has to take it's lumps before toppling the champ. Sometimes it takes like this series and these losses to make a team better long term.

To me today's game is not important, what is important is to see how no matter the outcome today is how we play against the Fish this weekend and then the west coast road trip.

I agree brm

Winning today is going to be a lot easier said than done. Wainwright will and should win the NL Cy Young with the season he is having. Not to mention we just ticked off their whole team.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Our team is ticked off too.

Our team was ticked off before the series started.

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    Our team is ticked off too.

Our team was ticked off before the series started.
    And look at how we have played since being ticked off, our emotions have overran our fundamentals.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    And look at how we have played since being ticked off, our emotions have overran our fundamentals.
    That's true. But i think the Redlegs come away from this having learned something valuable. A little more mature and a whole lot more pulled together.

I sure hope we're more focused on the task at hand today. It's going to take that to beat Wainwright.

Also, I hope Dusty at least sat down with Philips today and asked him, "Did you learn anything over the last two days?" His reply to that question could be VERY telling and give Baker some idea as to what he can expect from him the rest of the season.

Well, all rah rah cheerleading aside, Wain will shut the Reds down today. And it has nothing whatever to do with last nite's fiasco.

Like Carprenter, his mentor, he has really good stuff. Some times his curveball looks like an optical illusion. One out of 4 starts he gets lit up, like all pitchers. If the Reds can get him out of there in the 6th, they have a good chance to win the game.

But my feeling is that the Cards have been totally motivated by the last 2 days of B.S. They have not swept a 3 game series on the road all year, and have a minus W/L record against +.500 teams. But I am betting money that they do it today. They have to be on a high, and the Reds should be on a low. The Reds at this point must want to see the Cards get the hell out of Ohio. I have not said this before, but looking at the schedule I can't see the W.C. coming out of any team exept the Central.

Atlanta and Phil will beat each others brains out, the West will do the same. Reds and Cards play a lousy 3 games the rest of the season. Both teams make the post if they beat the bottom feeders. And get this: the Cubs and Stros have owned them. See, it seems to come down to motivation. Every team in baseball has 25 of the best 400 players on the planet. There is a combination of stars, fan support and managers that tip the difference.

I can assure you all that TLR is the most hated manager by his team in the Bigs. But they continue to win with the worst infield in the history of baseball. Dusty took a shot with his bogus BP quotes that did not work, but hey! He took a shot!

Quote Originally Posted by mrherd05 View Post
    I really dont think this is going to hurt the Redlegs.

We lost two games. You know what, after all that, we win today and still are above them in the standings.

This team is ready.

They are playing hard, being bashed in the media, and they are going to rally together and make this thing happen.

I really think that the Cards have won the initial battle, but the Reds are going to win the war.

This will prove to be the best thing to happen to the Reds in quite some time. BP opened his yap, hasnt wimped out and backed off his words. He spoke the truth, the Cards got mad and like Welsh said last night, started fighting because they were called a name.

They showed exactly why they are a bunch of little beyatches.

Time for the Reds to finish strong and kick their balls in the dirt.
    I am really hoping this brings the team together-I have def seen how it can in the right situation. I am worried this could take the wind out of the sails though, as the Cards body language showed they wanted to finish the game, and we looked finished the rest of the game. Hope they regroup and come out even stronger now and kick St Loius all the way down. I have a new most hated team however-I already hated and had no respect for Larussa, but it went to new heights last night. His ego needs a few knocks down.
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by roby View Post
    That's true. But i think the Redlegs come away from this having learned something valuable. A little more mature and a whole lot more pulled together.
    I hope so, I was worried when they left the game, BPhil seemed very alone, be interesting to know how they really feel about what he said to get this started. I know they had/have his back on field during it, but have to wait and see how they deal with it today out, will it bring em together, or divide em?
    UNC Tar Heels 2017 National Champions 6 time NCAA Champs!!!
    57, 82, 93, 05, 09, 17
    Go Heels!!!!!

How is what Brandon said much different then what Votto said about Marlon Byrd of the Cubs at the All Star game except that the Cubs are not in the race and the Cards are...

Johnny Cueto Fan

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    I might be the only here who isn't that pissed that we have lost the first two games and if I was a betting man, believes we will lose today vs. Wainwright. Maybe this Reds teams needs to be woken up, shown that while they are having a nice season, it takes that extra little something to move to the next level. Now I am not sure if we have "it" this season, but I think this team can grow more off of this sweep then any other losses this season. You don't dethrone the champ in just one season, check out any pro sport and you will see that the new kid on the block has to take it's lumps before toppling the champ. Sometimes it takes like this series and these losses to make a team better long term.

To me today's game is not important, what is important is to see how no matter the outcome today is how we play against the Fish this weekend and then the west coast road trip.
    We beat Wainwright already this year, why not do it again? I want the Reds to win today...

Quote Originally Posted by brm7675 View Post
    How is what Brandon said much different then what Votto said about Marlon Byrd of the Cubs at the All Star game except that the Cubs are not in the race and the Cards are...
    Well, for one, Joey replied he was joking.... and Brandon stood by his quote.

Oh, and Joey didn't call the cubs a bunch of *****es.

Turn Off Ads?