Turn Off Ads?
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: Cueto 7 game suspension

Re: Cueto 7 game suspension

Quote Originally Posted by redlegs2370 View Post
    Making a racial comment doesn't constitute jawing.
    I have heard no one say Carp made a racial slur? Come on, that would have been up front if it were true, you are making stuff up now

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by markymark69 View Post
    Again you miss the point. The one action of Cueto does not happen if the other action of Carpenter doesn't take place. I like how you continue to avoid my point.
    You could continue to trace this backwards as well. Carpenter isn't out there to say anything stupid if Molina and Phillips don't jaw at one another, which doesn't happen if Phillips doesn't say anything to the media, which doesn't happen if there weren't previous things said, etc, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Griffey012 View Post
    Well that was never stated in the posts I read and quoted. Plus I am still confused. So from the line I bolded stating "Guys I'm telling you, no one outside of Reds fans think Molina or Carp did anything wrong." Actually means, "Guys I'm telling you, no one outside of Reds fans think Molina or Carp didn't do anything a good teammate should do"? Is that the correct interpretation?
    Thats what they said on Mike and Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Razzle View Post
    You could continue to trace this backwards as well. Carpenter isn't out there to say anything stupid if Molina and Phillips don't jaw at one another, which doesn't happen if Phillips doesn't say anything to the media, which doesn't happen if there weren't previous things said, etc, etc.
    Very true. But it doesn't disprove my point.

The Buckeye Bomber

Racist MLB the only player who gets games suspended is Cueto. Ozzie Guillen is right there is a double standard for Latin American ball players.
    This is just ridiculous. If Bronson Arroyo was the guy pinned against the backstop kicking people, he'd have a 7 game suspension in his lap right now.

Absolutely ridiculous sentiment.
    I hate the Cardinals. I hate the Cubs.
    Let's. Go. Reds.
    "Per Aspera Ad Astra"

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81 View Post
    This is just ridiculous. If Bronson Arroyo was the guy pinned against the backstop kicking people, he'd have a 7 game suspension in his lap right now.

I completely agree and I hate this argument even trying to be made.

Quote Originally Posted by Illybey View Post
    I have heard no one say Carp made a racial slur? Come on, that would have been up front if it were true, you are making stuff up now
    There seem to be some people who are HOPING that Carpenter used a racial slur.

Quote Originally Posted by ThornWithin81 View Post

We can agree to disagree. But Johnny got the shaft. He was pinned against the wall how else can a guy defend himself. Did they bother to let Johnny explain why he was kicking? Did he get a chance for due process?

We can agree to disagree. But Johnny got the shaft. He was pinned against the wall how else can a guy defend himself. Did they bother to let Johnny explain why he was kicking? Did he get a chance for due process?
    I had a very clever statement about this post but decided not to post it on the grounds of this ignorant poster. It felt like I was punching a simpleton or something.

I completely agree and I hate this argument even trying to be made.
    Why because it just might be true and we have a much deeper problem than two teams fighting.

Your going to tell me that they hate and anger towards Brandon Phillips was because he said they b**** and whine and complain and they are little b****** would make Cardinal players rush from the dugout and Carpenter verbally go off on Dusty Baker? Really open your eyes if Arroyo makes the statement and Jerry Narron is the manager the Cardinals don't do anything.

I also see a lot of people saying Carpenter is 100% to blame.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Let's break down the video then:

(FS Ohio)
    0:06 Phillips goes to tap Molina on the shins (I'll take the reds fans words that this is a ritual he does) Molina kicks his bat away. Clear sign of aggressiveness, but if Phillips does this every game, why were there no other incidents like this in the other games these teams have played? Phillips taps his shins again as he walks away to take practice swings. Yadi says something (only 3 people in the world know what it was). Now, I'll give Phillips credit because he does try to ignore him, but Yadi steps up to meet him and they both start yelling at each other.

0:20 Benches clear.

0:24 Rolen grabs Molina and does what I would say is a good job of mediating and calming him down.

0:37 Baker trying to keep his players back

0:55 - 1:13 LaRussa and Baker seem to be the focus and are yelling back and forth at each other.

1:16 Umpires separate LaRussa and Baker and as Baker is being backed off Carpenter says something that makes both Baker and the Umpire turn their attention to him. Not sure what it was, some Reds fans are hoping that Carpenter used a racial slur, Baker first response is clearly "Hey, **** You!". Even now this has just been a war of words. Everyone on the field is yelling at each other, so I doubt more words pushed this over the edge.

1:21 Rolen grabs Carpenter. No one is charging towards the backstop UNTIL this happens. I'm not saying Rolen is at fault, but this really is where things escalate. (NOTE: Cueto runs from the complete opposite side of the scrum to where he is pinned against the back stop by his OWN TEAM. Also, notice how Carpenter is pinned against the backstop by his team, yet, NO kicks)

1:30 - 1:39 Cueto starts kicking. A lot of people say it is out of panic, but his kicks are clearly targeted at LaRue. Maybe he should have asked the people pinning him to the backstop (aka his teammates) to let him out?

2:22 Video switches over from FS Ohio to FS Midwest

I had a very clever statement about this post but decided not to post it on the grounds of this ignorant poster. It felt like I was punching a simpleton or something.
    Ignorant poster? I have been on this forum long before you posted here and will be here long after. To accuse me of being ignorant just shows how shallow you are. You don't know me at all, much less how can you say I'm ignorant. You may disagree with my opinions and that is ok with me but that doesn't mean I'm ignorant.

Thats what they said on Mike and Mike
    I have zero beef with what Molina did, I would have done the same. Just not a fan of Carpenter's chirping as things were cooling down and it was basically LaRussa vs. Baker.
    "Today was the byproduct of us thinking we can come back from anything." - Joey Votto after blowing a 10-1 lead and holding on for the 12-11 win on 8/25/2010.

Ignorant poster? I have been on this forum long before you posted here and will be here long after. To accuse me of being ignorant just shows how shallow you are. You don't know me at all, much less how can you say I'm ignorant. You may disagree with my opinions and that is ok with me but that doesn't mean I'm ignorant.
    Your post was ignorant and lazy, come up with some more substantial than the race card please. I have no tolerance or that, it is the easy way out, unproven in the case, so I say a total fabricated lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Stelmacki View Post
    There seem to be some people who are HOPING that Carpenter used a racial slur.
    Dusty Baker said today that he couldn't believe that Carpenter wasn't given a harsher penalty and that the umpire evidentially didn't report everything that Carpernter said. So your going to tell me that calling him a CS, MF, or SOB would result in Dusty thinking he should be given a harsher punishment? I would say either he used a racial slur or he threatened his life. I'll to to my grave believing this unless someone can give me an exact transcript of what was said. You see MLB wouldn't want that to come out because it would be an issue that would hurt the image of the sport so they are going to hide it.

Turn Off Ads?