Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Random Thoughts

Haunted by walks

Random Thoughts

If good pitching beats good hitting, could Micah Owings get himself out?

If you defeat the other team, does that mean you take their feats away?

I thought Joey Votto would be to Jay Bruce what Austin Kearns was to Adam Dunn.

Off-topic, but it's odd that the Syracuse team that lost to Oklahoma is ranked No. 1 or No. 2 in the nation now, unless it goes to the NBA instead.

Are the Reds still the surprise team?

Why is that cheering during a taped game seems more pointless than cheering from 500 miles away?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Random Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post

Why is that cheering during a taped game seems more pointless than cheering from 500 miles away?
    I think about that one every time I watch a game on the dvr.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    I thought Joey Votto would be to Jay Bruce what Austin Kearns was to Adam Dunn.
    You may have it backward.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Worth The Wait

I DVR games quite a bit, but I always feel a bit foolish and keep thinking to myself:

"This has already happened, I can easily find the results...." But it's also kind of cool, sort of like time traveling or something....

I absolutely fanatic (imagine that) about NOT finding out ANY info on a game that I'm taping. I don't even like to look at people who may have seen the outcome in fear that I will be able to read the results on their face. I have problems, I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Klu View Post
    You may have it backward.
    I was thinking the same thing, but its early yet in both of their careers. Time will tell...

Just like Spring Training after the season begins, Jay Bruce's Minor League PlayerOf The Year is far, far away now. I still believe he will put it all together though!

I said in another thread (before the season started) that I think that Jay Bruce will have a very good year and that things will 'click in' for him----but I thought it would happen in the second half of the season. I still think that.

He's barely 22 years old and, despite having 400+ ABs last year, he's still making adjustments and learning about his own abilities. He may also be dealing with the 'phenom' tag although he doesn't seem to be someone that puts a lot of pressure on himself.

Rem

With Bruce, the physical ability is there. It's the psychological maturation that he has to go through.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

I can't believe some people are down on Jay Bruce. He's 22 years old and is coming off a season in which he hit 21 homers in 413 atbats. Not everyone is Albert Pujols at age 21/22.

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    With Bruce, the physical ability is there. It's the psychological maturation that he has to go through.
    That can be said for a lot of 22 year olds.
    “In the same way that a baseball season never really begins, it never really ends either.” - Lonnie Wheeler, "Bleachers, A Summer in Wrigley Field"

The Baseball Emporium - Books & Things.

The Baseball Bookstore

http://tsc-sales.com/
    http://tscsales.blogspot.com/
    http://silverscreenbooks.com/

So Long Uncle Joe BoydsOfSummer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Edskin View Post
    I DVR games quite a bit, but I always feel a bit foolish and keep thinking to myself:

"This has already happened, I can easily find the results...." But it's also kind of cool, sort of like time traveling or something....

I absolutely fanatic (imagine that) about NOT finding out ANY info on a game that I'm taping. I don't even like to look at people who may have seen the outcome in fear that I will be able to read the results on their face. I have problems, I know.

If I have a taped game to watch the first thing I do if I talked to anyone is say, "Don't say anything about the Reds game!" Hilarious. And maybe a bit sad.
    0 Value Over Replacement Poster

"Sit over here next to Johnathan (Bench)...sit right here, he's smart."--Sparky Anderson

Turn Off Ads?