Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 EPL Thread

2012-2013 EPL Thread

Well, we are around 17 days away from Matchday 1.

Saturday, August 18, 2012
    Time Home Away TV Venue
    10:00 ET Arsenal v Sunderland Emirates Stadium
    10:00 ET Fulham v Norwich City Craven Cottage
    10:00 ET Queens Park Rangers v Swansea City Loftus Road
    10:00 ET Reading v Stoke City Madejski Stadium
    10:00 ET West Bromwich Albion v Liverpool The Hawthorns
    10:00 ET West Ham United v Aston Villa Upton Park
    12:30 ET Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur Sports Direct Arena

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: 2012-2013 EPL Thread

Where do you think Dempsey will end up? I remember hearing Arsenal last year, but Liverpool's name keeps surfacing. I would love to see him play for a big club.
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Where do you think Dempsey will end up? I remember hearing Arsenal last year, but Liverpool's name keeps surfacing. I would love to see him play for a big club.
    I'm guessing he starts with Fulham and moves during the winter transfer window to Arsenal or Liverpool. Arsenal has to figure out the situation with RVP before they can grab Dempsey. He would be a great fit in that role though.

I'm going to have to upgrade to the DirectTV sports package here shortly I guess.

The English Championship is where the real football is played. Fingers crossed it's Leicester Citys year.

Will be a Manchester 1,2 this year again. Think City will be favourites but United signed Kawagchi who is an absolute star.

Quote Originally Posted by Australian Red View Post
    The English Championship is where the real football is played. Fingers crossed it's Leicester Citys year.

Will be a Manchester 1,2 this year again. Think City will be favourites but United signed Kawagchi who is an absolute star.
    Most likely.

Rumors are that RVP will end up at Juventus, which is fine with me.

Hopefully Cazorla signs

Drink up thy Cider, Bristol! The Mighty Robins will win the Championship and go to the prem. OK, not going to happen but I can dream.

Anyone think Dempsey stays at Craven Cottage? If not, where does he end up? Fulham is my favorite club (alongside the aforementioned Bristol City) and I really don't like the idea of losing another key player. Rumors are swirling of a move to Serie A which would be preferable to Liverpool.

Fulham will always be one of those sides that struggle to retain there best players, they just don't have the supporter base or financial backing to retain there top players if bigger clubs come knocking.

Bristol may have some issues and will be in a relegation dog fight most of the season, especially after losing Maynard in the January transfer window. It puts a lot of pressure on Pittman and Stead who are capable but i just can't see the mids giving them enough service.

Fulham needs to get rid of Dempsey because he is gone after he season. Like I said above I think it might be the winter transfer window, but it will happen. Selfishly I hope he stays in the EPL because it is hard to see most Serie A games here.

Wherever Dempsey goes, I hope it's with a Champions League contender where he'll start. I'd rather he didn't go to a team loaded with offense where he ends up being a late sub.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by Yachtzee View Post
    Wherever Dempsey goes, I hope it's with a Champions League contender where he'll start. I'd rather he didn't go to a team loaded with offense where he ends up being a late sub.
    He is a decent player but he will not end up at a Champions league contender, assuming by contender you mean a team with a chance to win the Champions League. In no way is he good enough to be a starter for the likes of Bayern Munich, Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Inter, Barca or Real.

Bristol may have some issues and will be in a relegation dog fight most of the season, especially after losing Maynard in the January transfer window. It puts a lot of pressure on Pittman and Stead who are capable but i just can't see the mids giving them enough service.
    I agree, unfortunately. Missing out on promotion a few years back was devastating. A lot of money went into the push and when it didn't quite happen the club hit the panic button. A club like City doesn't have much room for error. The keeper situation will also be interesting this year.

I will spend my time watching Fulham try to claw out of mid-table in the Premier League as Championship matches are shown sparingly here and Bristol rarely features. Apparently I have a soft spot for underdogs (my support of both stems from time spent in England a few years back).

He is a decent player but he will not end up at a Champions league contender, assuming by contender you mean a team with a chance to win the Champions League. In no way is he good enough to be a starter for the likes of Bayern Munich, Man U, Chelsea, Man City, Inter, Barca or Real.
    I should have clarified that I meant contender for a Champions League spot. He's not of the level to start for those teams, but I think he's good enough to start for a team that's usually on the bubble between a Champions League and Europa League berth.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Turn Off Ads?