Turn Off Ads?
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Cardinals @ Reds: 6/10/08

Re: Cardinals @ Reds: 6/10/08

Quote Originally Posted by Highlifeman21 View Post
    Thompson no, but Volquez and Cueto yes.

Homer's still young, so I hope that by the time he turns 25 he can remove his head from his butt and be a major positive contributor to this club.
    It has nothing to do with him having a bad attitude, bad work ethic, whatever right now.

He just has no stuff. He has a high 80's, low 90's fastball, an above average change up, and a curve ball he can't locate.

I have no idea what happend to his fastball.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Bristol, just around the corner from ESPN

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    His OPS vs. LHP is currently .670, 6 days ago it was .581. I said last week that I believe he'll rebound and put up somewhere near the .735 OPS that he did last year vs. lefties and I think he's on his way there.
    I hope you're right, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

I just wish we could platoon KGJ with a RHB OF, b/c KGJ can still rake against RHP in my book.

Part of me wonders if KGJ is out to audition for his next team, b/c he's dropped hints that this is his last season as a Red.

Bruce grounds to short... 1 down

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    That's the big question. If he's not injured, then what? I don't get it.
    Benzinger backing and calling! And the 1990 world championship series belongs to the Cincinnati Reds!

If this cat shuts the reds out I may not watch another reds game this season...

1-2-3 inning for the Cards... 4-0 after 3

It has nothing to do with him having a bad attitude, bad work ethic, whatever right now.

He just has no stuff. He has a high 80's, low 90's fastball, an above average change up, and a curve ball he can't locate.

I would think bad attitude and bad work ethic might lead to no stuff. Yes? No?

I would think bad attitude and bad work ethic might lead to no stuff. Yes? No?
    He must be literally doing no work between starts to lose 7 MPH on his fastball on the age of 22, if that is indeed the case.

If he has any trade value at all left, I'd try to deal him. It's not like he has electric stuff and can't locate it, i.e. Volquez, he just has no stuff.
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Quote Originally Posted by Tommyjohn25 View Post
    That's the big question. If he's not injured, then what? I don't get it.
    How's his groin?

I'm asking in all seriousness.

If that groin really was injured, and he's still partially favoring it, it might explain his lack of fastball.

If his groin is fine, then I have no idea what's wrong with young David.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph View Post
    just amazing that its Pujols and essentially nothing and they kill us all the time.
    Troy Glaus is hardly nothing. Ryan Ludwick has a 1.020 OPS. As a team they're #2 in the NL in OBP. They play decent defense. It's amazing what happens when you don't give away outs -- offensively and defensively.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

When you can't locate an 88 mph straight fastball to the #9 batter, you've got problems.
    Games are won on run differential -- scoring more than your opponent. Runs are runs, scored or prevented they all count the same. Worry about scoring more and allowing fewer, not which positions contribute to which side of the equation or how "consistent" you are at your current level of performance.

So is this Tommy Boggs shutting them out.......hopefully they figure him out ..soon.

He just walked Ryan on an 88 MPH fastball.

An 88 MPH fastball.

How's his groin?

I'm asking in all seriousness.

If that groin really was injured, and he's still partially favoring it, it might explain his lack of fastball.

If his groin is fine, then I have no idea what's wrong with young David.
    doesn't it look like his follow threw is different? he doesn't appear to be landing the same to me, but it's been a while since i saw him pitch.

He just walked Ryan on an 88 MPH fastball.

An 88 MPH fastball.
    Is this Joey Hamilton in a Bailey uniform??

Turn Off Ads?