Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shelby Miller may have a shoulder issue

Shelby Miller may have a shoulder issue

Via Joe Strauss on Twitter
    Shelby Miller shut down w/shoulder "tightness." Return unknown. what was once 8 for 5 spots now 6 for 5.
    As much as I hate the Cardinals, it is a terrible for such a promising young pitcher to get hurt.
    Hugs, smiling, and interactive Twitter accounts, don't mean winning baseball. Until this community understands that we are cursed to relive the madness.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Party like it's 1990 Blitz Dorsey's Avatar

Re: Shelby Miller shut down

How is he going to explain this to ...

Ah, nevermind. Get well soon, kid. I don't want any excuses when the Reds win their third NL Central title in the last four years!

"Shut down" might be a stretch at this juncture. Time will tell.

http://www.ksdk.com/sports/article/3...stiff-shoulder

5. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-20-2013)

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LoganBuck View Post
    Via Joe Strauss on Twitter

As much as I hate the Cardinals, it is a terrible for such a promising young pitcher to get hurt.
    Gosh you are nice.

This sort of thing gets a fist pump from me.

I know, awful. But true.

7. Likes:

Captain13 (02-20-2013),Edskin (02-20-2013),marcshoe (02-21-2013),thatcoolguy_22 (02-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by Dom Heffner View Post
    Gosh you are nice.

This sort of thing gets a fist pump from me.

I know, awful. But true.
    I pretty much agree. I would expect the same by other teams' fans. And it doesn't bother me. As long a given event takes place "between the foul lines" that helps the Reds, I'm happy.

Potential Lunch Winner Dom Heffner's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaldaniels View Post
    I pretty much agree. I would expect the same by other teams' fans. And it doesn't bother me. As long a given event takes place "between the foul lines" that helps the Reds, I'm happy.
    I couldn't watch the Super Bowl. I hate both those teams because of my love of the Bengals.

The happy competitor stopped in little league for me lol....

All work and no play..... Vottomatic's Avatar

Shelby. I know 3 Shelby's and they're all girls. No wonder she got shut down.
    Last edited by Vottomatic; 02-20-2013 at 04:33 PM.

11. Likes:

Dom Heffner (02-22-2013)

This is blown out of proportion. The link listed above yields the following quote:
    "We're going to give him a day to kind of grab some time in the training room and work on it. He's just going to get another day of rest. We're not too concerned."
    Matheny said there are no plans to further examine Miller's shoulder.
    "I think we’re starting to get to the point where people are starting to get tired of this stretch of ball,” Votto said. “I think something needs to start changing and start going in a different direction. I’m going to do my part to help make that change.”

I can't remember hearing about a pitcher experiencing shoulder stiffness that didn't lead to bad news eventually. If I remember correctly, this is exactly how Masset's and Madson's injuries started. Also how Cueto and Bailey's injuries in 2011 spring training started too.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769023

Salukifan2

didn't Chapman have shouldered issues that he bounced back form mid season last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Salukifan2 View Post
    didn't Chapman have shouldered issues that he bounced back form mid season last year?
    It was termed shoulder fatigue, I believe, not stiffness. Basically, the claim was that he had a tired arm.

Regardless of the downplaying by Matheny, a pitcher with shoulder tightness is cause for immediate concern.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

16. Likes:

Dom Heffner (02-22-2013)

I still like the idea of winning "fair and square",not at the expense of rooting for someone's hurt.

Too many devil's advocates and grey areas anymore.I think we're losing the ability to see right or wrong.
    May the Lord bless

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post
    I still like the idea of winning "fair and square",not at the expense of rooting for someone's hurt.

Too many devil's advocates and grey areas anymore.I think we're losing the ability to see right or wrong.
    I can only speak for myself but I don't root for anyone to get hurt. No one has come out and said that yet I might add.

But once it occurs I am glad that the Reds chances just improved. I certainly don't say, "shucks I wanted to beat the Cardinals at full strength". Some do feel that way and that's fine by me...and I won't preach to them how they should feel.

The one thing that somewhat is a brain teaser are circumstances like the following...

When the Cards (or any opponent) signs a "run down" vet on the cheap, with that cheap price being due to the players injury risk...what are we supposed to do, wish them for great health so the Cards make out like bandits? Berkman and Beltran are examples of this.

19. Likes:

Dom Heffner (02-22-2013),The Operator (02-20-2013)

Quote Originally Posted by wlf WV View Post

I also like it when opponents make bad player decisions, prospects are revealed as pyrite, and a bad hop goes against them. I'm a bad, bad man.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

Injuries happen. I can feel bad for Miller the person and sick glee about how this leaves the Cardinals rotation.

Seams easy enough to rationalize to me.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

22. Likes:

camisadelgolf (02-20-2013),Dom Heffner (02-22-2013),HeatherC1212 (02-21-2013),Tom Servo (02-21-2013)

Turn Off Ads?