Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Team USA Basketball Thread

Re: Team USA Basketball Thread

Don't get me wrong, I root for the U.S. in most, if not all, other sports.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by MaineRed View Post
    Yeah, because soccer sucks.
    something we finally agree on

Quote Originally Posted by TeamSelig View Post
    something we finally agree on
    sad....
    Variatio delectat - Cicero

China was close because they were hitting their 3's and the Americans missed all of them. Wade has been dominant and looks like his old self, not the injured and beaten down guy playing in Miami last year.
    To me, the key to this team is three point shooting. If they hit them, they will win gold because it will open up the driving lanes. If they don't, teams will pack in the defense and dare them to shoot.

Huge game against Greece. I can't be more excited. Although I noticed that they are starting Jason Kidd's corpse...

Manliness Personified HumnHilghtFreel's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by improbus View Post
    Huge game against Greece. I can't be more excited. Although I noticed that they are starting Jason Kidd's corpse...
    Kidd has been awful. I'd be happy if he was used only in emergency reserve role from here out.

Chris Bosh has been having an amazing game. As has D Wade.

The pressure on D has kept them in transition which has kept the Greeks from setting up on defense. They're playing quite well, but still not shooting particularly well.

Quote Originally Posted by HumnHilghtFreel View Post
    Kidd has been awful. I'd be happy if he was used only in emergency reserve role from here out.

Chris Bosh has been having an amazing game. As has D Wade.

The pressure on D has kept them in transition which has kept the Greeks from setting up on defense. They're playing quite well, but still not shooting particularly well.
    Dwyane Wade is serving notice. Why do I have a sinking feeling that the Heat are going to be a HUGE surprise this year with Marion, Wade, and Beasley? That is alot of athletic ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    Isn't it American to root for the underdog? That's definitely not Team USA. I mean, I'll be rooting for them, but some of you are acting like this actually matters.

Actually it's American to root for America.

Nice game today against Greece. Wade looked great getting to the hole, and Lebron had some great defensive plays.

Very solid performance by the US team. Bosh was fabulous. LeBron is playing some of the best basketball I have ever seen, and Wade was fantastic. Greece is the type of team that typically gives the US problems, so things are looking good.

Lebron is showing what he can do, when he doesn't have to score 75% of his teams points. LBJ is the world's best player at 23...sick

and, Bosh was ridiculous guarding the smaller guards along the perimeter today...too bad he gets lost playing in Toronto.

Bosh was reminding me of KG with that tenacious D.... makes you wonder if he can keep up his motivation for the Raptors.

All dyslexics must untie!

Quote Originally Posted by 15fan View Post
    Tim Duncan has a whole lot of hardware in his living room that might dispute that assertion.
    Somehow, I knew you would chime in...'Sheed has a "slight" temper? Tell that to the PDX sportswriters.

Thank God the "Jail-Blazer" era is over

Rooting for team USA Basketball is like rooting for Haleburton to win the bid

(of course, I'll feel differently in 2012 when Oden and Roy are wearing the red, white and blue)
    Last edited by gm; 08-14-2008 at 06:01 PM.
    Never overlook the obvious

anyone rooting against the team or that thinks sheed should be on the team might need to re-examine things....but to each his own

I don't see how rooting for the USA basketball team is any different than rooting for Phelps, both are far and away better than their competition and should cruise to a gold medal(s)

All dyslexics must untie!

If Phelps was swimming against your alma mater and knocking them off in the regionals every year, you might feel differently.

Pick the player you cannot stand to see repeatedly beating your favorite team. The kind of guy guy who is arrogant and rubs it in your team's face every time? Who will never condescend and give your team credit when he loses?

Then put him on the national team and tell me you've got no problem rooting for his success.
    Last edited by gm; 08-15-2008 at 05:19 PM.
    Never overlook the obvious

Quote Originally Posted by gm View Post
    If Phelps was swimming against your alma mater and knocking them off in the regionals every year, you might feel differently.

Pick the player you cannot stand to see repeatedly beating your favorite team. The kind of guy guy who is arrogant and rubs it in your team's face every time? Who will never condescend and give your team credit when he loses?

Then put him on the national team and tell me you've got no problem rooting for his success.
    This is an interesting sentiment. I for one can not and will not root for Carmelo Anthony. I am disappointed that he is on the national team. I feel that he is an awful representative of an American. I still will root for the US team just not Anthony.

On a side not I find it amusing how Team USA gets credit for playing defense. It is a part of the game. If you don't play defense you will lose the game. From the little I have watched of the team when they play poor defense the other team scores. When Team USA plays basketball the fundamental way they are unbeatable.

Who wins a game Team USA 08 or Team US 92?

Turn Off Ads?