Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: 4/24/11 Reds @ Cardinals

Re: 4/24/11 Reds @ Cardinals

Quote Originally Posted by BUTLER REDSFAN View Post
    what is the big picture? our offense pretty much consists of phillips and votto and now votto is getting 2 intentional walks a game....gomes/bruce/janish are almost automatic outs....our 57 year old 3rd baseman will likely retire b4 the all star break...our ace either gets shelled or no run support...
    I'll be back to this thread in about a month when the reds are hot and see if you think the same thing. baseball is an marathon, not a sprint. Its a long season. Do you remember how we started last year? No. You remember how we finished. "automatic out" paul janish just dipped below a .300 batting avg... Gomes has the 1st or 2nd most walks on the team... automatic outs? I think not. Volquez has struggles first inning, but anyone with half a baseball mind can see how if he figures it out, he could be a top 5 pitcher in the NL. It takes up to 3 years to be back to 100 percent from Tommy John. That's the big picture. Go root for the Cubs if you're going to make ignorant statements.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by signalhome View Post
    If you guys are really clamoring to replace Bruce as your every day right-fielder -- considering he was 5.3 WAR last year -- I don't know what to say.
    You could trying saying, "Hey, Bruce, the season has started without you."

The glass is 1/3 full....

...Go root for the Cubs if you're going to make ignorant statements.
    ...isn't rooting for the Cubs in itself an ignorant statement...?

...just kidding. Don't get all Charlie Sheen.
    Last edited by CrimsonCrusader; 04-25-2011 at 11:19 AM.
    The Crimson Crusader....knows...!
    ...heh heh heh heh...

"Why does everybody stand up and sing "Take Me Out to the Ballgame"
    ...when they're already there?"

Quote Originally Posted by tkemmerer14 View Post
    I'll be back to this thread in about a month when the reds are hot and see if you think the same thing. baseball is an marathon, not a sprint. Its a long season. Do you remember how we started last year? No. You remember how we finished. "automatic out" paul janish just dipped below a .300 batting avg... Gomes has the 1st or 2nd most walks on the team... automatic outs? I think not. Volquez has struggles first inning, but anyone with half a baseball mind can see how if he figures it out, he could be a top 5 pitcher in the NL. It takes up to 3 years to be back to 100 percent from Tommy John. That's the big picture. Go root for the Cubs if you're going to make ignorant statements.
    Well said,
    * Attended the 1990 and 2010 Reds Division clinchers *

Go 76ers, Go Steelers and Go Bucks

Quote Originally Posted by goreds2 View Post
    Well said,
    maybe I got a little too angry on that one.... but point made right?
    haha

Turn Off Ads?