View Poll Results: Are you going to watch the rest of the postseason

Voters
96. You may not vote on this poll
  • No, not going to watch the rest of postseason

62 64.58%
  • YEs, going to watch the rest of postseason

34 35.42%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Are you going to continue to watch the playoffs? (poll)

Re: Are you going to continue to watch the playoffs? (poll)

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    For me, baseball season ends when the Reds final game does. Reds season is year round.

Got fourth row seats for Big Blue Madness tomorrow night @ Rupp. I'm gonna be ready for the Hot Stove League come the first part of November though.
    While you're there, tell Cal that I'm extremely disappointed in the #4 ranking and think he should start looking over his shoulder. And pay that Wiggins kid to reclass and come in '13. Thanks.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Answering this question now is like going to the grocery when you're starving. Don't do it! Give yourself time.
    Attended 1976 World Series in my Mother's Womb. Attended 1990 World Series Game 2 as a 13 year old. Want to take my son to a a World Series Game in Cincinnati in my lifetime.

I won't watch anywhere near as much as I have been or I would have had the home town nine kept playing, but I will watch.
    "Even a bad day at the ballpark beats the snot out of most other good days. I'll take my scorecard and pencil and beer and hot dog and rage at the dips and cheer at the highs, but I'm not ever going to stop loving this game and this team and nobody will ever take that away from me." Roy Tucker October 2010

Quote Originally Posted by powersackers View Post
    Answering this question now is like going to the grocery when you're starving. Don't do it! Give yourself time.
    I know many people who will, but just as I no longer watch the NCAA tourney once my team is out, I won't watch baseball eaither. Frankly, kind of opens up some time that I otherwise spent watching games when I should have been doing something productive. Unlike now.

Danger is my business! oneupper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alloverjr View Post
    I know many people who will, but just as I no longer watch the NCAA tourney once my team is out, I won't watch baseball eaither. Frankly, kind of opens up some time that I otherwise spent watching games when I should have been doing something productive. Unlike now.
    I have MOUNTAINS of work and chores piled up. My wife has been trying to make an appointment with me for months!
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

http://dalmady.blogspot.com

nm

Quote Originally Posted by Always Red View Post
    Is the baseball season over yet?

Of course, I'll continue to watch, because after that, it's frickin winter time.

Spring training starts in 4 months...

"People ask me what I do in winter when there's no baseball. I'll tell you what I do. I stare out the window and wait for spring."
    Rogers Hornsby

As long as theres still baseball left to be played, I'll be watching
    "...You just have a wider lens than one game."
    --Former Reds GM Wayne Krivsky, on why he didn't fly Josh Hamilton to Colorado for one game.

"...its money well-spent. Don't screw around with your freedom."
    --Roy Tucker, on why you need to lawyer up when you find yourself swimming with sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I love baseball. Of course I will watch. In a few more weeks, there will be no baseball left, at all. For many months. That's the saddest thing of all.
    Amen.

Why any baseball fan would chose to not want baseball is beyond me.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Yes, but I feel sick the entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    Yes, but I feel sick the entire time.
    Well put.

Quote Originally Posted by cincrazy View Post
    I love baseball. Of course I will watch. In a few more weeks, there will be no baseball left, at all. For many months. That's the saddest thing of all.
    I'll be watching the rest of the playoffs and the WS all the way through. I'll also be following the playoffs that have just begun in Japan for the NPB. In November there will be baseball being played in Japan and Panama as teams look to qualify for the 2013 World Baseball Classic AND the Australian Baseball League gets under way.

I'm following baseball almost all the way to spring training next year!
    If evolution is outlawed, only outlaws will evolve!

Quote Originally Posted by Tadasimha View Post
    I'll be watching the rest of the playoffs and the WS all the way through. I'll also be following the playoffs that have just begun in Japan for the NPB. In November there will be baseball being played in Japan and Panama as teams look to qualify for the 2013 World Baseball Classic AND the Australian Baseball League gets under way.

I'm following baseball almost all the way to spring training next year!
    Yep, because it is the best game out there, it's not like the back n forth games, it's magical and it has the best story lines, it's played by humans not super humans who spend hours in the gym to have bodies that 99.8% of the population don't have. It's richer in history than all the other major sports combined, it's a game that I can still talk to my father about (and his interest in sports is small) its the game that paved the way for all the NFLs and NBAs and College sports mania.

It's the best game out there bar none

Worth The Wait

Too painful to watch the LCS, that's for sure. Won't be able to get past the envy and disappointment. One of the seven deadly sins, I know....consider me guilty.

Once the WS rolls around, I'll probably be at a point where I can watch, but won't go out of my way to do so.

Let's put it this way...had the Reds won yesterday, I would be GLUED to the Nats-Cards game right now. But as it stands, I've checked the score a few times just in hopes that STL loses, but haven't watched a pitch.

I will because it'll be on the tv at work. But I don't care any more, I can't stand all parties involved at this point. I think the Giants would be the lesser of 4 evils, so I guess I'll root against them the least.
    Is it "next season" yet?

Just deleted the MLB app from my phone and iPad.

Bud Selig has managed to further ruin the greatest game in the world. Absolutely no need for a second wild card team. It disgusts me that a team as pathetically mediocre and poorly put together as the Cardinals now have a real chance of being back to back champs.

I will always love the game, but the way that a father loves his child that has become a homeless drug addict.
    Hoping to change my username to 75769024

Turn Off Ads?