Turn Off Ads?
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Congresswoman shot in head, 4 dead, least 7 injured

Re: Congresswoman shot in head, 4 dead, least 7 injured

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I've heard several biker gangs attend these funerals as well (at least the ones were they protest soliders killed in action), parking their bikes arround the protesters, then rev their engines loud enough to drown them out.
    Good.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by medford View Post
    I've heard several biker gangs attend these funerals as well (at least the ones were they protest soliders killed in action), parking their bikes arround the protesters, then rev their engines loud enough to drown them out.
    They're not exactly "biker gangs," but that's what these folks do.

http://www.patriotguard.org/
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

This might be why Sherrif Dupnik was so quick to start playing the blame game about the shootings. Looks like Lucy's got some splainin' to do.

http://pajamasmedia.com/tatler/2011/...l-on-loughner/
    “Jared Loughner had been making death threats by phone to many people in Pima County..... When Pima County Sheriff’s Office was informed, his deputies assured the victims that he was being well managed by the mental health system. "
    Disclaimer: I know nothing about the above linked blog, I saw it linked in a similar thread to this on a Cardinals forum and thought it would be interesting to add here. I glanced over the post I linked to and didn't notice anything overtly political so I figured it would be safe to post.
    Last edited by The Operator; 01-10-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

They got the death penalty in AZ?

Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    Not sure, but I heard it's going to be very hard for Loughner's attorneys to prove insanity. Maybe some legal experts on here have a better idea as to what they need to accomplish.

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Oxblood View Post
    It won't matter, he's been charged in federal court for the murder of the judge and federal employees who were on Giffords staff, as well as attempted assassination of a member of congress. I don't think he's even been charged in state court yet for the murders of the others who were at the event.

He'll die by letal injection in federal prison.

6 months of heartbreak Bob Borkowski's Avatar

Just wondering...

why isn't the shooting in Tucson being discussed hot and heavy over in the Peanut Gallery (The Gem)?? There isn't even a thread dedicated to the topic. Really strange. Seems like this would be right up the alley of those guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Borkowski View Post
    Just wondering...

why isn't the shooting in Tucson being discussed hot and heavy over in the Peanut Gallery (The Gem)?? There isn't even a thread dedicated to the topic. Really strange. Seems like this would be right up the alley of those guys.
    One thread was started over there but after the first four or so posts, all by the same poster, the thread disappeared, so I assume the poster thought better of the thread and deleted it.
    Last edited by RedsBaron; 01-10-2011 at 10:23 PM.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    One thread was started over there but after the first four or so posts, all by the same poster, the thread disappeared, so I assume the poster thought better of the thread and deleted it.
    I'm curious how long the thread was up and why exactly it was deleted. This has Peanut Gallery written all over it imo. All the posts in this thread that Paint either edited, deleted, or invisibled are evidence of that. But, I checked over there a few times in the last few days and never saw anything related to the shooting. Seems kinda odd.

Quote Originally Posted by redsfandan View Post
    I'm curious how long the thread was up and why exactly it was deleted. This has Peanut Gallery written all over it imo. All the posts in this thread that Paint either edited, deleted, or invisibled are evidence of that. But, I checked over there a few times in the last few days and never saw anything related to the shooting. Seems kinda odd.
    The poster regrets starting the thread in the PG and deleted it. You are free to start your own thread over there if you wish.
    Last edited by RBA; 01-11-2011 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RBA View Post
    The poster regrets starting the thread in the PG and deleted it. You are free to start your own thread over there if you wish.
    Yes I am, so is Bob Borkowski, and so is anyone else. Like I said before, I was simply curious why exactly it was deleted. It just really seems odd to me.

But, to each their own I guess. I'm more concerned about White Death 2011. (oh boy!) :

It is being reported that Congresswoman Giffords is beathing on her own and has given a thumbs up sign.
    "Hey...Dad. Wanna Have A Catch?" Kevin Costner in "Field Of Dreams."

Quote Originally Posted by RedsBaron View Post
    It is being reported that Congresswoman Giffords is beathing on her own and has given a thumbs up sign.
    Awesome news!
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Anyone seen Colbert's take on this. It was... uncomfortable at best. He offered a very sincere condolence to the family, whom he has met. Then he said this tragic day should not be about blame for political gain.

Then he showed clips from CNN where pundits claimed he was associated with the tea party, clips from Fox News claiming he was a communist, back and forth back and forth.

When in reality, he's just a sick evil individual. Pathetic display from both major news agencies.

This post has no political opinion whatsoever. it is a commentary only on the state of news gathering organizations specifically Fox News and CNN.
    Dubito Ergo Cogito Ergo Sum.

Making sense of it all Matt700wlw's Avatar

Arizona Lawmakers take a stand against the Westboro Cult for the Homophobic Insane

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110111/...ot_picketing_6

Turn Off Ads?