Turn Off Ads?
Page 3 of 68 FirstFirst 12345671353 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Re: What was the most recent movie I've watched? (Part 2)

Toy Story 3. I'm beginning to get annoyed with the fact that Pixar likes to make little kids cry.
    Next Reds manager, second shooter. --Confirmed on Redszone.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    Titanic Struggles Caveat Emperor's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Toy Story 3. I'm beginning to get annoyed with the fact that Pixar likes to make little kids cry.
    Toy Story 3 wasn't a kids movie, IMO -- it was a movie for people who WERE kids when the first TS came out.
    Cincinnati Reds: Farm System Champions 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Caveat Emperor View Post
    Toy Story 3 wasn't a kids movie, IMO -- it was a movie for people who WERE kids when the first TS came out.
    Excellent point. But it still made my little girl cry.
    BTW, my son said, "Hey, that pig was a truck in Cars!"

Just watched Remember Me. I have to say I really enjoyed it. The whole story was a little played out . Boy meets girl , girl finds something out , girl leaves , girl comes back but man what a twist of an ending , the ending made the movie imo

Despicable Me. In the hands of Pixar this might have been a good one, but unfortunately it was not. Forgettable, I say.
    Kids liked it, which I guess is the main thing. It's just too bad their brains are small for the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by SunDeck View Post
    Despicable Me. In the hands of Pixar this might have been a good one, but unfortunately it was not.
    But wouldn't it have made the kids cry then?
    My dad got to enjoy 3 Reds World Championships by the time he was my age. So far, I've only gotten to enjoy one. Step it up Redlegs!

The Horseman... Indie Australian flick... sort of like an Aussie Edge of Darkness... even more hardcore, however...

I Sell The Dead... pretty funny movie about grave robbing and selling corpses and zombies starring dominic monaghan. recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    But wouldn't it have made the kids cry then?
    Touché

The Machinist. It was a pretty good movie I suppose, maybe a little too abstract for my liking, but I really enjoyed Christian Bale's performance. Seeing him weigh 120 lbs. was a little eye popping and, admittedly, the reason I watched the movie in the first place. I just can't believe he's dropping down to that weight again to play a crackhead ex-boxer in the The Boxer.

Watched Percy Jackson and the Olympians today with the kids. Quite enjoyable.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by Chip R View Post
    Saw The Last Airbender last night. Most of the cast was pretty meh except for the general. The special effects were good and they are setting up a sequel or two. One wonders if Shamylan will be directing them though.
    Hopefully he won't be writing the scripts for them either. If he wants the future installments to succeed, I think he needs to just act as producer and hand off the directing and writing to someone else. I think he needs to get the original creators more involved to give more depth to the characters. I also think they would have a better idea of what parts of Book 2 and Book 3 to focus on and which parts can be omitted or glossed over. In this film, Shamylan seemed to put more emphasis on things that really had little importance to the overall story and omitted characters and events that had much greater bearing on events in Books 2 and 3.
    Wear gaudy colors, or avoid display. Lay a million eggs or give birth to one. The fittest shall survive, yet the unfit may live. Be like your ancestors or be different. We must repeat!

Quote Originally Posted by BringDownMugabe View Post
    The Machinist. It was a pretty good movie I suppose, maybe a little too abstract for my liking, but I really enjoyed Christian Bale's performance. Seeing him weigh 120 lbs. was a little eye popping and, admittedly, the reason I watched the movie in the first place. I just can't believe he's dropping down to that weight again to play a crackhead ex-boxer in the The Boxer.
    I think it's called The Fighter. http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/07/14/...n-the-fighter/
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

Saw Predators last night, and The Crazies on blu-ray today. Predators was down right bad, had to fight off falling asleep through most of it. The Crazies on the other hand was really good, better than expected. I'm a big Timothy Olyphant fan, so that probably helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That's what it's called. The story looks pretty good, except I'm not a big fan of Darren Aronofsky. The Boxer is actually a Daniel Day-Lewis movie made in the mid 90's. Though I haven't seen that movie in a while, it was pretty good movie if my memory serves me well.

Just watched The Searchers. One of my favorite John Wayne movies ever.
    Eric Stratton, Rush Chairman. Damn glad to meet ya.

Turn Off Ads?