Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jason LaRue

Jason LaRue

Having watched the video of the brawl, once again, and at the risk of beating this dead horse once again, I think LaRue "had it coming" to him, if you will. In the middle of one of many excuses supplied by Tim McCarver in regards to Carpenter getting knocked around a little bit, they showed the clip again with a spotlight on Cueto. Jason LaRue was clearly coming after Cueto when he got it in the chops. Johnny was pinned against the net, with no other choice but to defend.

Now I have to call my cable operator because my television continues to have a "whiney beyotch" on my Fox affiliate out of Lexington, KY.
    As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Jason LaRue

Quote Originally Posted by Redlegs View Post
    Having watched the video of the brawl, once again, and at the risk of beating this dead horse once again, I think LaRue "had it coming" to him, if you will. In the middle of one of many excuses supplied by Tim McCarver in regards to Carpenter getting knocked around a little bit, they showed the clip again with a spotlight on Cueto. Jason LaRue was clearly coming after Cueto when he got it in the chops. Johnny was pinned against the net, with no other choice but to defend.

Now I have to call my cable operator because my television continues to have a "whiney beyotch" on my Fox affiliate out of Lexington, KY.
    I've made this point over and over, and never is it brought up in the media, that LaRue attacked Cueto, who, initially, was simply pushing the crowd away with his feet and was forced to keep a spazzed out LaRue away at all costs.
    2015 Rotation: Under Construction

LaRue started really going after Cueto once Cueto started kicking him.

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    LaRue started really going after Cueto once Cueto started kicking him.
    I disagree. It looks like Cueto is pushing the crowd back with his legs, which perhaps caused his spikes to dig into LaRue, who was right there. That was not kicking. What LaRue wanted to do after that was kick Cueto's ass and luckily Cueto was able to withhold LaRue with the help of Gomes. In all, Cueto decided to fire a few kicks at Carpenter and that's what the suspension should really be for, not defending himself. I just think LaRue was an attacker that has gone unpunished by baseball.

Cueto was kicking at any Cardinal he could and ended up kicking LaRue in the face and Carpenter in the back.

I'm thinking there was a "second kicker". I also think I spotted a guy in the stands with an umbrella right before the inning started.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    I'm thinking there was a "second kicker". I also think I spotted a guy in the stands with an umbrella right before the inning started.
    I believe he was led away quickly right after the fracas. Guy draped in worn but not quite dirty clothes with a rough beige trench coat but strangely enough clean hair, teeth & nails.
    "You can't let praise or criticism get to you. It's a weakness to get caught up in either one."

--Woody Hayes

Quote Originally Posted by CTA513 View Post
    Cueto was kicking at any Cardinal he could and ended up kicking LaRue in the face and Carpenter in the back.
    That was after LaRue attacked him. Cueto's legs went from pushing away to kicking after the attack. I think LaRue is culpable in this fight and got off without penalty from baseball.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    That was after LaRue attacked him. Cueto's legs went from pushing away to kicking after the attack. I think LaRue is culpable in this fight and got off without penalty from baseball.
    Cueto kicked him and LaRue then went after him and Cueto then kicked him more.
    Cueto knew exactly what he was doing and he was the only player suspended because of what he did.

All dyslexics must untie!

You put our right foot in, you put your right foot out...
    Never overlook the obvious

LaRue has had a grudge against our beloved Reds ever since he was displaced as our starting catcher. He hit a walk off homer in one of his last appearances as a Red and displayed all the emotion of a man who had just been informed of the death of his dog. That night, it became painfully apparent to me that Jason LaRue was only concerned about how the game treated him personally. Winning baseball players do not behave that way.

Still, the guy did not deserve to get kicked in the face by a guy wearing spikes this week. Cueto is serving his punishment. If a team like the Cardinals believe a player with deteriorating talent at a demanding position deserves a roster spot just because he has a history with their adversary, more power to them.

I was never a big fan of LaRue. Especially after the way he handled the whole losing his job to David Ross situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCubb2003 View Post
    Don't worry. I'd say the game threads are about league average.
    Phil Castellini puts the FUN in Trust Fund.

Didn't like him when he was a Red. Really don't like him now that he is a whining Cardinal.

Quote Originally Posted by mdccclxix View Post
    It looks like Cueto is pushing the crowd back with his legs, which perhaps caused his spikes to dig into LaRue
    There's something about this statement that just ain't right. But it's funny! :

The foot bone connected to the leg-bone,
    The leg bone connected to the knee bone,
    The knee bone connected to the thigh bone,
    The thigh bone connected to the back bone,
    The back bone connected to the neck bone
    The neck bone connected to the head bone
    Last edited by GAC; 08-15-2010 at 08:33 AM.
    "In my day you had musicians who experimented with drugs. Now it's druggies experimenting with music" - Alfred G Clark (circa 1972)

Quote Originally Posted by GAC View Post
    There's something about this statement that just ain't right. But it's funny! :

The foot bone connected to the leg-bone,
    The leg bone connected to the knee bone,
    The knee bone connected to the thigh bone,
    The thigh bone connected to the back bone,
    The back bone connected to the neck bone
    The neck bone connected to the head bone
    I should be Cueto's lawyer, sue for punitive damages!

I'm serious though, LaRue should have been at least fined. I'm not saying Cueto didn't deserve a suspension, at all. For those who at least believe he was trying to restrain the crowd at some point, my perspective makes a lot of sense. Check the Zapruder film yourself. He's pushing, attacked, then kicking.

Turn Off Ads?