Turn Off Ads?

Thread: Heisey

Heisey

Great to see Heisey back on the bench after an 0-5 yesterday against a future hall of fame pitcher. Last week against this same Atlanta team Heisey had six hits in two games and did a pretty good job getting while most of the playing time in LF. If Stubbs or anyone else on the Reds for that matter sat everytime they went 0-5 the day before they would never leave the bench.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    I know Heisey isn't the World Series answer....but it ticks me off how Dusty has his guys that he can make the most idiotic excuses for playing every flipping day and ridiculous reasonings for the part-timers to play.....but Heisey will never be one of "his" guys....he finds reasons not to play Heisey.

Jay Bruce needs a day off and it's glaringly obvious.....Ryan Ludwick has sucked 90% of the games.

Heisey could go 3/4, 3/4, 2/4, 2/5, 2/3....then go 0/4 and he's out the next two starts. I believe this 100%.

Re: Heisey

Well, I don't really have an issue with it. What Heisey did last week against the Braves is irrelevant considering we're facing Minor tonight, who didn't pitch in the two-game set last week. Ludwick had a good game yesterday, no reason not to try to capitalize on that with another lefty going. Plus Stubbs hits lefties much better than Heisey does.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    Well, I don't really have an issue with it. What Heisey did last week against the Braves is irrelevant considering we're facing Minor tonight, who didn't pitch in the two-game set last week. Ludwick had a good game yesterday, no reason not to try to capitalize on that with another lefty going. Plus Stubbs hits lefties much better than Heisey does.
    Ludwick had a good game indeed....Bruce has been horrible for 4 consecutive games.

Stubbs has had a gillion more AB against lefties.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    Ludwick had a good game indeed....Bruce has been horrible for 4 consecutive games.

Stubbs has had a gillion more AB against lefties.
    I wouldn't have minded Bruce sitting out. He definitely needs a break. Is there any reason to believe that Heisey's numbers would be as good as Stubbs' with 190 more at-bats?

Quote Originally Posted by RedsFanInBama View Post
    I wouldn't have minded Bruce sitting out. He definitely needs a break. Is there any reason to believe that Heisey's numbers would be as good as Stubbs' with 190 more at-bats?
    How could anyone fairly answer that question. Seems like Heisey has put up comparable numbers to Stubbs before with 300 less AB.

Over the last three years Heisey has hit .180 - .248 OBP vs LHP which is right at 100 points lower than Stubbs (.308 - .341) in both categories.

So let stubbs start against lefties in center and heisey against righties, oh wait that makes to much sense

Quote Originally Posted by Ironman92 View Post
    How could anyone fairly answer that question. Seems like Heisey has put up comparable numbers to Stubbs before with 300 less AB.
    But his numbers against lefties are FAR WORSE than Stubbs'. If you want to dismiss it, fine. But it is what it is. It's not like Heisey has 50 at-bats against lefties and Stubbs has 500.

I just want a regular left fielder at this point. Rather Heisey than Ludwick, but it's going to be too hard for either to get on a roll with this platoon garbage. No sense in having a platoon if they are both right handed.

I've said it 6,209 times......Heisey is not the key to a World Series championship.....but how does Drew Stubbs get every start with what he's done in his career? Bruce goes into horrible slumps but neither ever sits. Heisey can go 3/5 and be out the next game due to his swing not matching up to the pitcher....but Stubbs can whiff 208 times in a season.

Stubbs plays every game....starts and never comes out.....Heisey has had more than 12 starts in a month 2 times in his career...never more than 14. Stubbs has started 25+ every month regardless of struggles or matchup. He's fast and that means more than anything to Dusty......but he's not allowed to steal when Votto is up.

For a final time....Heisey is not the difference maker.....but he's also NEVER been given the majority of starts even over 25 games? To me that's just ridiculous to never with a guy who was the top player in their minor leagues when he was brought up.

I agree. Heisey needs to play daily. Need to give him a chance to get into a groove. He still gets on base at .300+ no matter what level he's playing at and while his OBP isn't fantastic, it's servicable. He's batting 59 points higher than Ludwick now.

The question we should be asking is why hasn't Ludwick been DFA'd and how can we get another LFer? Obviously there's no one in Louisville (Check out how disgusting the numbers are...no one is hitting down there), so there's no easy answers. Hopefully Walt can pull something off.

well they have been playing Heisey a lot lately. And he has gotten into a good groove because of it.

It's shocking the guy can go 10-21, then have an 0-5 day, and get the bench, but Rolen can just keep having 3-18 weeks, and keep getting the starts, only to be substituted by other players with sub-.180 averages. But, it's Baker's history, so one shouldn't be shocked, but amazed that one can be so blind for so long.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingspoint View Post
    It's shocking the guy can go 10-21, then have an 0-5 day, and get the bench, but Rolen can just keep having 3-18 weeks, and keep getting the starts, only to be substituted by other players with sub-.180 averages. But, it's Baker's history, so one shouldn't be shocked, but amazed that one can be so blind for so long.
    And still have a job.

Turn Off Ads?