• Skyline

134 80.24%
  • Gold Star

33 19.76%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Skyline or Gold Star?

Re: Skyline or Gold Star?

Quote Originally Posted by REDblooded View Post
    GoldStar... It's not as runny... Both are great when you live in Indy and have to go out of your way for either, but I always preferred the coney's at GoldStar...
    You shouldn't have to go out of your way in Indy for Skyline...they have plenty of locations.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Since a new thread popped up

Nobody really likes to eat that stuff, it's all just an elaborate practical joke on the rest of us, right?
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Nobody really likes to eat that stuff, it's all just an elaborate practical joke on the rest of us, right?
    Actually they do eat it, and yes it's kinda funny... but an acquired taste, helps to be indoctrinated early on in life.

I acquired my taste for it after many beers and many evenings of many beers. personally I miss the smaller chili parlors that predated the plastic looking places around today.

Quote Originally Posted by westofyou View Post
    Actually they do eat it, and yes it's kinda funny... but an acquired taste, helps to be indoctrinated early on in life.

I acquired my taste for it after many beers and many evenings of many beers. personally I miss the smaller chili parlors that predated the plastic looking places around today.
    There are still some good independent ones around, you just have to dig. Price Hill, Camp Washington, Dixie, Blue Ash are all very good and superior to the Big Two.

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    There are still some good independent ones around, you just have to dig. Price Hill, Camp Washington, Dixie, Blue Ash are all very good and superior to the Big Two.
    Well, I don't eat meat so it doesn't really matter, I do appreciate the older places with the old school feel over a skyline at noon blaring Fox News on 5 TV's

This thread needs more pictures!

Well, I don't eat meat so it doesn't really matter, I do appreciate the older places with the old school feel over a skyline at noon blaring Fox News on 5 TV's
    Goldstar now has some meatless chili, so there is your new destination when in town.

Quote Originally Posted by *BaseClogger* View Post
    This thread needs more pictures!

Okay, I'm just going to assume it tastes much better than it looks.
    "Reality tells us there are no guarantees. Except that some day Jon Lester will be on that list of 100-game winners." - Peter Gammons

Dude, that pic is extremely appetizing to me... guess its just a matter of preference.

I'd rather listen to Kelch read the phone book than suffer through Thom Brennaman's attempt to make every instance on the field the most important event since the discovery of manned space flight. -westofyou

I'm with blumj. Guess you had to be indoctrinated at a young age, like woy says.
    "I can make all the stadiums rock."
    -Air Supply

Quote Originally Posted by RichRed View Post
    I'm with blumj. Guess you had to be indoctrinated at a young age, like woy says.
    I didn't discover Cincinnati chili until I was in college and I love the stuff. Of course I also grew up eating what passed for food in West Virginia so take that with a grain of salt.

Quote Originally Posted by blumj View Post
    Not with hot dogs, Cincinnati has the hot dog part completely wrong, steamed and soft buns... YEECH.

It's the chili, not the sub standard items they put on it (or the 2 pounds of bland cheese)

Quote Originally Posted by reds1869 View Post
    Goldstar now has some meatless chili, so there is your new destination when in town.
    Yep, I used to live above a GS, so I've always liked them a tad more... I've had skyline beans and rice, and am interested in trying some GS again someday.

We use the Chili Packets from Krogers with yellow lentils, works great.

Not with hot dogs, Cincinnati has the hot dog part completely wrong, steamed and soft buns... YEECH.

It's the chili, not the sub standard items they put on it (or the 2 pounds of bland cheese)
    I love me some steamed and soft bun'd hot dogs. The kind you get at skyline or at the ball game in the aluminum wrapping are great.

Now if we are talking grill out then yea YEECH.

Turn Off Ads?