Turn Off Ads?
Page 31 of 72 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233343541 ... LastLast

Thread: Reds acquire Shin-Soo Choo and Jason Donald for Drew Stubbs and Didi Gregorious

Re: Shin-soo Choo?

Quote Originally Posted by guttle11 View Post
    a peek at Choo.
    gesundheit
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

2. Turn Off Ads?

Jason Kipnis ‏@TheJK_Kid

Cincy... You're not gonna find two better teammates then the ones you just traded for. #choo #donald

Quote Originally Posted by dougdirt View Post
    DBacks LOVE Gregorius. Have been trying to acquire him for the last year+.
    True but they seem to value him far more than everyone else.
    "No matter how good you are, you're going to lose one-third of your games. No matter how bad you are you're going to win one-third of your games. It's the other third that makes the difference." ~Tommy Lasorda

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis View Post
    Career OPS of .344 against LHP. Never below .338. Has no real power against LHP but still gets on base at a very acceptable clip.

I'll also take in to consideration that compensation pick that comes along with him. So in reality getting another high ceiling player in return even when you lose Choo. As far a the D goes, I expect him or Bruce to be "serviceable"...
    I show career OBP of .338, and 2012 OBP of .318 with an OPS of .605. Since this is the last full season and he is 30, it carries some weight. The one year rental does not really bother me. I concede that he is an offensive upgrade, but I am uncomfortable with a "serviceable" replacement in CF. Hopefully, this is an indication that the Reds see Hamilton as close. If the Reds also get Sipp, it is a much better trade. A second LHP out of the pen is needed, especially if Chapman makes the transition successfully.

Reds traded Didi and moved Hamilton to CF, tells you how highly they think of Cozart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scooter View Post
    A little bit off topic, but do you guys think that Jesse Winker profiles more like Pete Rose or is he just the next Hal Morris??

Looks like the ARI-CLE part of the deal took an hour or so more to finalize:

8:12pm: The Diamondbacks announced that they have acquired shortstop Didi Gregorius, left-handed pitcher Tony Sipp, and first baseman Lars Anderson from the Indians in exchange for right-handed pitchers Trevor Bauer, Matt Albers and Bryan Shaw.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...AL8BsTgwMxA.99
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Brutus View Post
    True but they seem to value him far more than everyone else.
    Said it before and I will say it again.... they really don't. Plenty of teams and people out there really like that kid.

Flash the leather! _Sir_Charles_'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Cleveland Indians ‏@tribeinsider

...ARI acq. INF Didi Gregorius (from CIN) & LHP Tony Sipp (from CLE), while CIN acq. OF Shin-Soo Choo, INF Jason Donald and cash (from CLE)
    Money to extend? Nah. Wishful thinking. I'll just be happy with what we've got. Exactly what we needed. Choo.

Quote Originally Posted by mattfeet View Post
    Cleveland Indians ‏@tribeinsider

...ARI acq. INF Didi Gregorius (from CIN) & LHP Tony Sipp (from CLE), while CIN acq. OF Shin-Soo Choo, INF Jason Donald and Cash (from CLE)
    Always good to see one of Johnny's boys headed our way. Love the deal! Always been a big fan of Choo. I'd say the Reds FO feel some level of comfort with S-SC in center or the deal wouldn't have gone down.

Sprinkles are for winners dougdirt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by reds44 View Post
    Reds traded Didi and moved Hamilton to CF, tells you how highly they think of Cozart.
    Might be a mistake. 27 years old. Career .290 MLB OBP.

With each passing day, the holes on this team continue to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    Earl Weaver would know what to do.
    Well, he might be torn between using Gary Roenicke or Merv Rettenmund to do it.
    I'm not a system player. I am a system.

Quote Originally Posted by corkedbat View Post
    Always good to see one of Johnny's boys headed our way. Love the deal! Always been a big fan of Choo. I'd say the Reds FO feel some level of comfort with S-SC in center or the deal wouldn't have gone down.
    Has anyone thought of the possibility that Walt's not done dealing? I mean, could he just be looking to acquire good players at any cost and then worrying about how they fit together later? Just wanted to put that out there.
    “Every level he goes to, he is going to compete. They will know who he is at every level he goes to.” -- ED on EDLC

John Fay ‏@johnfayman

#Reds call Choo a center fielder in their announcement of the deal.

The Reds got an impact bat for Gregorius and a guy who was practically waiver fodder given his 2012 performance. I like it.
    “I don’t care,” Votto said of passing his friend and former teammate. “He’s in the past. Bye-bye, Jay.”

Turn Off Ads?