Turn Off Ads?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Preventing blisters on the bottom of feet while running?

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Preventing blisters on the bottom of feet while running?

I just got a new pair of running shoes, probably the first pair of proper running shoes I've had (had been using a pair of New Balance street shoes.) They're really comfortable for the most part, but where the arch support is, they're either rubbing on my foot or something because I had to cut my run short today due to blisters forming there after about a mile.

Reading elsewhere I see people complaining about the same problem which they claim to have solved by getting a new pair of shoes, which isn't really an option for me because I can't return these or afford another pair again right now already.

Has anyone else had this problem and know of a good solution for it?

2. Turn Off Ads?

Re: Preventing blisters on the bottom of feet while running?

you might want to try different socks or try some inserts, like dr. scholls.

If I can leave off the last two words of that question, I think I have a solution.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

I had the same problem with a specific shoe in the Asics 2100 series. I bought 3 or 4 pairs in a row but each pair caused me to blister in a specific spot. I bought moleskin and would cut it in a quarter size patch and applied it to the spot on my foot that was getting blisters. Problem solved. After wearing them a hundred or so miles I was able to stop using the moleskin. I guess a little wear made the shoe fit differently enough to stop the rub.

Also, if you are wearing cotton socks, stop it this minute. Get some running socks, or just any kind of cool max type socks. If they have a seam in the toe make sure it's profile is pretty low.

You might try lacing your shoes differently. Read this. http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/shoes/...-shoe/482.html

Just don't stop running!
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

http://www.balega.com

If you spent the money for good shoes, spend it for some good socks too. These are the best. Pricy but worth it.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

Try "Body Glide" though that is more for chafing. If you have a local running shop, ask them for a eval.

Don't run.

I'm not being glib. Distance running isn't natural. Walk a lot and sprint full out occassionally.

When you get a pair of new running shoes take it easy. It takes some time to break them in, going on a long run in a new pair of shoes is a recipe for disaster.

Don't wear cotton socks. Make sure you have some synthetic fabric sock that wicks the sweat away from you feet.

Make sure your wearing the proper shoes for the proper activity. Distance running shoes aren't really good for an activity like basketball.

Thanks for the tips guys. First thing I'm going to do is get a few pairs of those socks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys. First thing I'm going to do is get a few pairs of those socks.
    Let us know. I might try those socks.
    I've been to dinner at Jimmy Buffet's house, and I've eaten it at a homeless shelter. And there's great joy and harrowing terror to be found in both places.
    -Todd Snider

Just did my first marathon on Sunday the 22nd of Sept. Used body glide or Vaseline to rub on my trouble spots to keep the blisters away. My favorite socks are Wright socks, they are a synthetic sock with dual technology so it's like wearing 2 socks in one.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I know I'm going way against the grain here but.... if you're getting massive blisters, maybe it's not something you're supposed to be doing.

So I ended up going down to the Running Spot and they directed me to a pair of socks. I ended up getting the Feetures brand Elite sock, one pair with light cushioning and a second in ultra light. I'll let you all know how they fare when I go for a run with them.

What about boils? Can we talk about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderful Monds View Post
    So I ended up going down to the Running Spot and they directed me to a pair of socks. I ended up getting the Feetures brand Elite sock, one pair with light cushioning and a second in ultra light. I'll let you all know how they fare when I go for a run with them.
    They are amazing. Even had an open blister (eww) and couldn't even feel it. They also are snug around the arch and the arch support is pretty good from that.

Turn Off Ads?