Turn Off Ads?
Page 51 of 67 FirstFirst ... 4147484950515253545561 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Re: 2010 Kentucky Wildcats Men's Basketball - 5th edition

Depends who you believe.

I wouldn't trust anything Cal tells anybody.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Wow! Samardo Samuels to keep his name in the draft and hire an agent? Being reported multiple places...

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2...ory?id=5163350

I bet Pat Forde was bawling his eyes out while he wrote that.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Wow! Samardo Samuels to keep his name in the draft and hire an agent? Being reported multiple places...
    Stupid. He reminds me of Randolph Morris. Plenty of offensive talent but a poor work ethic and desire to "get rich quick" has led to a bad decision. His family could use the money but he could probably play himself into the first round next year if he returned.

Oh well, at least this helps to alleviate the logjam of mediocre front court players. Terrence Jennings probably has more athletic ability and potential if he can ever get out of Pitino's doghouse.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Stupid. He reminds me of Randolph Morris. Plenty of offensive talent but a poor work ethic and desire to "get rich quick" has led to a bad decision. His family could use the money but he could probably play himself into the first round next year if he returned.

Oh well, at least this helps to alleviate the logjam of mediocre front court players. Terrence Jennings probably has more athletic ability and potential if he can ever get out of Pitino's doghouse.
    He's a strange case to me. I know some coaches from a small school here in Ohio who were recruiting him from Jamaica before he was "discovered" by the basketball legions and ended up at that private school in NY.

They portrayed him as a level-headed, hard-working kid who was just going to be happy to get an education in the States.

Sad how things have changed.
    When all is said and done more is said than done.

I was thinking that Matt Pilgrim might have looked good in a UK uni next year, until I saw this:

http://www.ocolly.com/news/protectiv...grim-1.1472348

Quote Originally Posted by dabvu2498 View Post
    He's a strange case to me. I know some coaches from a small school here in Ohio who were recruiting him from Jamaica before he was "discovered" by the basketball legions and ended up at that private school in NY.

They portrayed him as a level-headed, hard-working kid who was just going to be happy to get an education in the States.

Sad how things have changed.
    Pitino said this at the press conference:

“It’s not about right or wrong decisions in this case,” Pitino said. “It’s about a family making a decision. We certainly support a family making a decision and we move forward.”
    It appears that Samardo's family pushed him to do this regardless of advice to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by joshnky View Post
    Pitino said this at the press conference:

“It’s not about right or wrong decisions in this case,” Pitino said. “It’s about a family making a decision. We certainly support a family making a decision and we move forward.”
    Pitino espousing the virtues of family...

Nice.

In other news, Rod Strickland has been reassigned to an administrative assistant position (similar to what he held in Memphis) and so there is an assistants job open.

My guess is Kenny Payne.
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Wait a minute!!! I didn't think there was going to be an assistant opening at UK! Oh well. Nevermind. I musy consider my source better next time.

Eloy Vargas is planning to visit UK per Jerry Mayer and others...

sounds like he needs to do quite a bit of work to get qualified without going juco... would be a very nice pick-up if he can get qualified.

Eloy Vargas has committed to UK per Meyer and others ...

should be a good depth guy for the front court (which we need desperately).

From Meyer's Mailbag...

Is Vargas headed to Kentucky?

If UK lands Eloy Vargas, does that give them the No. 1 class?

- Mike from Lexington

Landing Vargas would push Kentucky past Memphis into the top spot in the national team recruiting rankings for 2010.

As a 2008 prospect, Vargas was the No. 26 ranked prospect in the Rivals150. He wasn't healthy, and consequently struggled during his freshman year at Florida. He transferred to Miami Dade Community College, where he hit his stride. Vargas and averaged 25 points and 15 rebounds per game.

Don't know if this is in this thread but a nice story nonetheless.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1084044

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - With the confidence of a coach and the passion of a preacher, Zach Lipson has spent much of his teenage years telling anyone he meets about his plans to join one of the nation's elite college basketball programs.

It didn't matter to him that he'd never played a minute of organized hoops. Or that he stood little chance of ever being more than 4 feet tall. He still gave the same speech to just about everyone he met, whether he was chatting at a dinner table full of strangers or sitting across from a skeptical guidance counselor.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    From Meyer's Mailbag...

Is Vargas headed to Kentucky?

If UK lands Eloy Vargas, does that give them the No. 1 class?

- Mike from Lexington

Landing Vargas would push Kentucky past Memphis into the top spot in the national team recruiting rankings for 2010.

As a 2008 prospect, Vargas was the No. 26 ranked prospect in the Rivals150. He wasn't healthy, and consequently struggled during his freshman year at Florida. He transferred to Miami Dade Community College, where he hit his stride. Vargas and averaged 25 points and 15 rebounds per game.
    I think Vargas will provide some good depth at a position we will likely need, but I don't see him being a major contributor. Still holding out hope on Terrence Jones.

I've never been a big fan of the JuCo route. You generally invest in players who have maybe 2 years of eligibility left who while they are older generally are less advanced than somebody out of high school.

Remember when Darnell Dodson was the second coming of Rudy Gay?
    Quote Originally Posted by savafan View Post
    I've read books about sparkling vampires who walk around in the daylight that were written better than a John Fay article.

Turn Off Ads?