Turn Off Ads?
Page 68 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1858646566676869707172 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 1082

Thread: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Re: Breaking Bad Season 4 Premiere Sun 10pm AMC (Spoilers!)

Holy crap. Just listening to the Breaking Bad podcast. This show is sunshine and lollipops compared to what it would have been if Vince got everything he pitched.

I'll just say.....Walt. Desert. Bloody Suitcase. Baby Holly.
    "I know a lot about the law and various other lawyerings."

Hitters who avoid outs are the funnest.

2. Turn Off Ads?
    rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    Holy crap. Just listening to the Breaking Bad podcast. This show is sunshine and lollipops compared to what it would have been if Vince got everything he pitched.

I'll just say.....Walt. Desert. Bloody Suitcase. Baby Holly.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/breakingbad/...an_idea_for_a/
    "This is something he pitched to executives around season 1 that they found too disturbing to put on the air. It was early on, because it involved the death of Jesse, which we all know didn't end up happening.
    So there would have been this big, mean, tough drug dealer who had killed Jesse. This character later became Tuco, although some elements of him were included in later antagonists. Walt is so furious about Jesse's death that he kidnaps the drug dealer and locks him in a basement. It wasn't made clear if this was the basement of the White's house, but I believe it was just the basement of an abandoned house nearby.
    Anyway, the drug dealer was tied to a chair, and Walt had rigged this rifle to a tripwire, and pointed it right at the drug dealer's heart. The guy could trigger it at any time and kill himself. Every day at the same time, Walt comes by and cuts off a piece of the dealer, cauterizing the wound with a blowtorch or something, his plan being that eventually the dealer will be so demoralized that he'll pull the tripwire and kill himself. But the dealer is such a badass that he just lets Walt keep torturing him, and refuses to kill himself.
    So one day, Walt Jr. stumbles across this basement somehow. By this point, Walt's cut off like half the guy's limbs. He's up to the knees. And good kid that he is, he tries to help the guy, who is passed out when he comes down. The guy's eyes flicker open, and he says, "Who are you?" to which Jr. responds with his name. Realizing that this is Walt's son, he waits for Jr. to get close to him, and then he pulls the tripwire, killing both of them."

Yeah. Then there's the one about Skyler killing herself in the bathroom of a Motel 6 while Walt is outside the door singing to her.

They call me "chef"

That kind of hardcore nihilism is better left for alternate histories and post-series fantasy rumination. It would have been too ridiculous for Walt to become a torture doctor in season 1.

Quote Originally Posted by Larry Schuler View Post
    That kind of hardcore nihilism is better left for alternate histories and post-series fantasy rumination. It would have been too ridiculous for Walt to become a torture doctor in season 1.
    I agree and so does Vince. He said they were ridiculous ideas but stuff he did actually pitch.

Just watched. Liked it ok. Wasn't bad, wasn't great. I guess I was hoping for something a little more creative, but that's asking a lot. It's so hard to end shows like this in a surprising way. But hey, I though the Seinfeld finale was pure genius, so maybe I'm just a poor critic.

I thought the massacre scene at the compound was just lame. Only part I hated. Seemed like something right out of 24. But great series. Sad to see it end.
    Grape works as a soda. Sort of as a gum. I wonder why it doesn't work as a pie. Grape pie? There's no grape pie. - Larry David

I've tried to take a couple days (and viewings) to digest what happened and for the most part I feel pretty satisfied with the way things ended. There were parts I really liked, others I didn't but at the end of the day I'm not sure that there was any ending that would have left me feeling completely satisfied.

One of the most interesting aspects of the show is that even with all of the unspeakably awful things that Walt has done there is part of me that still couldn't help but to root for him and in that respect the finale was very satisfying because he was able to accomplish what he set out to do from the very beginning and die on his own terms.

Conversely my biggest complaint is that it felt too much like a happy ending to me. When you look at all of the people whose lives were destroyed by Walt, it would have been perversely satisfying to watch him suffer before dying. In that respect having Skyler, Flinn, Holly and Jesse all survive and Walt's drug money make it way back to the family seems sort of unrewarding.

Ozymandias was the climax. Last two episodes were denouement.

I think that could be why some might have been underwhelmed by the finale.

Ozymandias may go down as the greatest episode of a show in television history.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

10. Likes:

Homer Bailey (10-04-2013)

What does everyone think of people thinking Walt never got out of the snowstorm and the moment the keys fall he is dead and we are seeing how he would have liked things to have worked out? It works for me until you don't address what happened to Jessie in real life.

also, you think we get epilogue on the DVD set ?
    http://diamondvisits.blogspot.com/ My Minor League stadium review site.

Quote Originally Posted by 19braves77 View Post
    What does everyone think of people thinking Walt never got out of the snowstorm and the moment the keys fall he is dead and we are seeing how he would have liked things to have worked out? It works for me until you don't address what happened to Jessie in real life.

also, you think we get epilogue on the DVD set ?
    0.0 % chance that is what took place.

I would say there is a correlation to those who are advocating this theory and those who tried to argue Gail was still alive midway through season 4.
    Newsflash!

Joey Votto does not care about RBI.

NEITHER SHOULD ANY OF US

Quote Originally Posted by ervinsm84 View Post
    0.0 % chance that is what took place.
    That's what I thought initially but there are some really good points being made in favor of him not making it out if the car. Now I'm not totally convinced it went down as I originally thought. I don't know I'm only 10 minutes removed from reading this alternate theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Razor Shines View Post
    That's what I thought initially but there are some really good points being made in favor of him not making it out if the car. Now I'm not totally convinced it went down as I originally thought. I don't know I'm only 10 minutes removed from reading this alternate theory.
    Link to theory?... If anything it's fun to read stuff like that.

When it's over any theory is valid, just a matter of interpretation.

I don't think he died in the car, but I have no problem with someone thinking that. I can see where they are coming from.
    Turning and turning in the widening gyre
    The falcon cannot hear the falconer;

Quote Originally Posted by Redsfaithful View Post
    When it's over any theory is valid, just a matter of interpretation.

I don't think he died in the car, but I have no problem with someone thinking that. I can see where they are coming from.
    Only he doesn't know Jesse's cooking for the nazis so imagining it and then saving him would be a stretch that a college film wouldn't make

Turn Off Ads?