Turn Off Ads?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yankees Fans at Great American BallPark

Schnickelfritz

Re: Yankees Fans at Great American BallPark

Quote Originally Posted by jwmann2 View Post
    lol, not exactly. But you know what I'm saying. Sports is the only thing where rooting for a bad product is admirable.
    Not if that bad product is the Bengals. There's nothing admirable about Bengals or their fans. The sooner they leave town, the better.

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by BurgervilleBuck View Post
    Not if that bad product is the Bengals. There's nothing admirable about Bengals or their fans. The sooner they leave town, the better.
    was it admirable watching the reds from 1996-2009?

Schnickelfritz

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    At least, during that time, the Reds tried to improve. They weren't always successful but the effort was there.

There's nothing admirable about supporting a franchise where the owner steadfastly refuses to evolve with the game and runs it only to pocket money. Brown runs the organization on the cheap. You can see it from his refusal to hire a GM (while paying himself a GM salary) all the way to the dull concrete interior that is Paul Brown Stadium.

Like I said, the sooner the Bengals move to LA, the better.

Quote Originally Posted by webbbj View Post
    I don't know about you, but 1996 was fun in the sense that several members of the 1990 team were in the lineup everyday, Eric Davis made a great comeback, and Barry Larkin was the first ever 30-30 SS in MLB history.

1997-1998-2 years I would love to forget.

1999-one of the best years of my life as a Reds fan, but I've only been a fan since 1985.

2000-the offseason was great with the trade of KGJ, and the season itself was ok...

2001-2005-misery, PURE AND UTTER MISERY!

2006-ok until August...

2007-2009 see 2001-2005.

Met a Yankees fan yesterday who commented on the Mets hat I had on. "You know what Mets stands for? My Entire Team Sucks."

My response: "Yankees fan, huh? I'm sorry to hear that."

I agree, they are a team full of free agents. However, the luxury tax they do pay goes to the smaller teams to spend, like the Marlins and Pirates.

The Yankees' telegast of the Reds games made a big deal out of the number of people at the games wearing Yankees paraphernalia. It seemed far greater than at other Yankee road games. I don't get it.

I can understand certain New Yorkers rooting for the Yankees and I can understand certain New Yorkers being front runners, but why would anyone from the midwest root for the Yankees? Much less pay for an ARod jersy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mutaman View Post
    The Yankees' telegast of the Reds games made a big deal out of the number of people at the games wearing Yankees paraphernalia. It seemed far greater than at other Yankee road games. I don't get it.

I can understand certain New Yorkers rooting for the Yankees and I can understand certain New Yorkers being front runners, but why would anyone from the midwest root for the Yankees? Much less pay for an ARod jersy.
    lots of kids root for them. They also double up as Lakers/Steelers fans. I work in the school system, and local loyalty doesn't really exist amongst school age children. Trust me.

Many people around here also perhaps have a "system" where the Reds are their favorite NL team, and the Yankees are their favorite AL team. There were numerous people repping both teams in the park.

Also, there were probably a fair number of fans that came from the NY region. I don't doubt that at all. The team has only been to GABP one other time, so many fans wanted to knock the park off the proverbial "bucket list."

The time of the year also helps, as many families from the NY probably planned vacation time around this series.

and finally, there are those who aren't kids, but just root for winners.
    Last edited by mlh1981; 06-26-2011 at 09:54 PM.

i find it funny that people hate on the yankees for doing everything possible to win games when we as reds fans argue about the reds to make moves everyday.

now the reds dont have as many resources but they arent even using the resources the do have to help the club like call up cozart and sappelt, DFA lewis and renteria, bench gomes, fire the manager, make a trade if necessary, add some affordable payroll if necessary. All moves the reds are capable of making.

surethe yankees have more resources but they are well w/in their right to use those resources.

Turn Off Ads?