Turn Off Ads?
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Ohio State Football 2012

Re: Ohio State Football 2012

Quote Originally Posted by traderumor View Post
    I guess we'll see with whatever is brewing with Auburn.
    There isn't anything brewing in Auburn but this quote is about the most flaccid thing a defender of OSU could've posted in the context of this discussion.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

2. Turn Off Ads?

Quote Originally Posted by jojo View Post
    There isn't anything brewing in Auburn but this quote is about the most flaccid thing a defender of OSU could've posted in the context of this discussion.
    I thought there was an investigation going on there, perhaps I'm mistaken about that. I don't know what your snipe is supposed to mean, guess its a failure of my OSU degree to understand your fancypants insult.
    "Rounding 3rd and heading for home, good night everybody"

I thought there was an investigation going on there, perhaps I'm mistaken about that. I don't know what your snipe is supposed to mean, guess its a failure of my OSU degree to understand your fancypants insult.
    Clearly your degree wasnt in investigative journalism.
    "This isn’t stats vs scouts - this is stats and scouts working together, building an organization that blends the best of both worlds. This is the blueprint for how a baseball organization should be run. And, whether the baseball men of the 20th century like it or not, this is where baseball is going."---Dave Cameron, U.S.S. Mariner

Clearly your degree wasnt in investigative journalism.
    Ok, moving on, I can't break the code.

Ok, moving on, I can't break the code.
    Put the decoder ring away and just try reading for comprehension:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/newre...eply&p=2784978

Put the decoder ring away and just try reading for comprehension:

http://www.redszone.com/forums/newre...eply&p=2784978
    Still lost. I did check to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong, and there is a yahoo story of an NCAA investigation going on at Auburn, so what am I missing here?

Still lost. I did check to make sure I wasn't remembering wrong, and there is a yahoo story of an NCAA investigation going on at Auburn, so what am I missing here?
    The story isnt valid but this had been addressed elsewhere (i.e. the SEC thread there the context is actually appropriate) making the original point about you bringing it up in a context of a conversation defending OSU just a flaccid attempt at deflection all the more germane.
    Last edited by jojo; 12-10-2012 at 02:23 PM.

The story isnt valid but this had been addressed elsewhere (i.e. the SEC thread there the context is actually appropriate) making the original point about you bringing it up in a context of a conversation defending OSU just a flaccid attempt at deflection all the more germane.
    Thanks, Dr. Cooper. I wasn't even the one making the "if the SEC did it" comment. It is the end of the year--casting my vote now for Most Infuriating At Times poster.

Thanks, Dr. Cooper. I wasn't even the one making the "if the SEC did it" comment. It is the end of the year--casting my vote now for Most Infuriating At Times poster.
    Pat Forde is wrong, at least that is what I am told.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    Pat Forde is wrong, at least that is what I am told.
    That is fine, thanks for not brow beating me because I happened to hear the first part of the story and didn't do a follow up investigative report before daring to post on a message board.

Joe?

Last edited by *BaseClogger*; 12-10-2012 at 04:59 PM.

http://www.thebiglead.com/index.php/...ll-violations/

Yup Auburn is being investigated.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    I don't have any inside sources so I honestly don't know if Auburn is being investigated but the link you posted is the same source (Yahoo!/Pat Forde) that JoJo claims to be false. There hasn't been any other source making this claim. Time will tell who's right

Quote Originally Posted by Red Buckeye View Post
    Taylor was briefly grounded as a self-imposed penalty for a self-reported secondary violation. If Trooper Taylor actually was the subject of an active investigation there is no way that Auburn would have let him back out on the recruiting trail.

Sorry but any argument otherwise is kind of silly in the face of facts.
    Last edited by jojo; 12-10-2012 at 05:14 PM.

The NCAA has actually punished the SEC more than any other conference, so the argument that they hit OSU harder than others doesn't hold any weight. We broke the rules, we paid the price. It is what it is.

With that being said, perhaps the Forde article is false, but to pretend that Auburn shouldn't be questioned or is beyond reproach is laughable. Maybe the concrete proof will never surface, but it's known that Cam's dad was shopping his services. I find it hard to believe Auburn and every other school in line recruiting him didn't know of this. They did a good job of covering up their trail so the NCAA couldn't bust their chops. I don't believe it's a matter of favortism or bias, just a matter of not enough evidence.

Turn Off Ads?