Turn Off Ads?
Page 30 of 62 FirstFirst ... 2026272829303132333440 ... LastLast

Thread: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

Re: 2012-2013 Bengals Discussion

On one hand, I don't think the Bengals can go far with Marvin. On the other hand, I think it's impossible with Mike Brown around. I believe Marvin should go at some point--the Bengals don't exactly have a winning culture in the clubhouse--but I don't think it needs to happen right now.

2. Turn Off Ads?

This is a great Burfict article from back in April. It talks about his past and struggles at the combine.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2012/sto...-espn-magazine

Who wants a mustache ride Ohayou's Avatar

Steven Jackson's name has been floating around, Green Bay likely looking to cash in...
    Arise and walk, come through. A world beyond that door is calling out for you. Arise and walk, come through. It's calling out for you.

Would love the Bengals to take a shot at Kevin Smith. Former first rounder with talent, fallen out of favor with Detroit.
    If you have a losing record at Reds games, please stop going.

I'm intrigued with DeAngelo Williams.

Mike Brown doesn't believe in acquiring players during the season. He really abhors trades, especially.

(prove me wrong, Mikey)

Quote Originally Posted by KoryMac5 View Post
    Would love the Bengals to take a shot at Kevin Smith. Former first rounder with talent, fallen out of favor with Detroit.
    Former third* rounder. I thought he was a first rounder, too, until I researched him for fantasy football. I think it was because he was a starter so soon in his career, and they had such high hopes for him. But yeah, he's worth considering since the Bengals are already committed to Green-Ellis and wouldn't invest a lot of money in someone to make the Law Firm a backup.

Quote Originally Posted by WMR View Post
    Mike Brown doesn't believe in acquiring players during the season. He really abhors trades, especially.

(prove me wrong, Mikey)
    Rams running back Steven Jackson isn't going to be a Bengal. Lewis said Monday there are no indications the Bengals are going to make a deal before Tuesday's trade deadline. If the Bengals want any Rams back it would be rookie Isaiah Pead, the Cincinnati product they coveted in the draft. But even though he's hardly playing, the Rams aren't apparently going to give him up.

rest in power, king Wonderful Monds's Avatar

WHY

I'm no Pete Carroll fan but I have to post this from his game last week regarding his poor decision to challenge a call. God knows Marvin has made his share of poor challenges but what would you give to hear him this contrite afterward?

If he had it to do over, Carroll would not have challenged the play in the third quarter against the Lions where he couldn’t win no matter what the ultimate call was.

“A total blunder,” Carroll said. “It was a blunder. I screwed it up.”

Carroll challenged whether Titus Young actually had caught a 9-yard pass from Matthew Stafford on a third-and-8 play. But it didn’t matter, because cornerback Brandon Browner had been called for defensive holding. So the Lions would get a first down even if the ruling on the field was reversed – which it wasn’t.

“It was a competitive moment that I really regret,” Carroll said.
    When do you think we'll ever hear such comments from Marvin in a post game presser?

Quote Originally Posted by Sea Ray View Post
    I'm no Pete Carroll fan but I have to post this from his game last week regarding his poor decision to challenge a call. God knows Marvin has made his share of poor challenges but what would you give to hear him this contrite afterward?

When do you think we'll ever hear such comments from Marvin in a post game presser?
    The self proclaimed genius named Brian Billick did the same thing against the Bengals a number of years ago. Challenged a Chad Johnson catch on the sidelines for a first down but the Bengals had an automatic first down either because of a defensive off sides or a defensive holding penalty. IIRC it was his second challenge and there was a play late in the game where he could have used his challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by bucksfan2 View Post
    The self proclaimed genius named Brian Billick did the same thing against the Bengals a number of years ago. Challenged a Chad Johnson catch on the sidelines for a first down but the Bengals had an automatic first down either because of a defensive off sides or a defensive holding penalty. IIRC it was his second challenge and there was a play late in the game where he could have used his challenge.
    How did he handle it later? Did he admit he screwed up? A little humility please...

I'm not sure I've ever heard Marvin or dusty take personal responsibility for one of their screw ups...

Bengals coach Marvin Lewis publicly challenged quarterback Andy Dalton and middle linebacker Rey Maualuga on Wednesday to become more forceful leaders on their 3-4 team.
    Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...#ixzz2AuqiYDPP

With the trade deadline coming and going uneventfully unfortunately, what do you see as the Bengals biggest needs heading into the offseason? I'd prioritize them like this:

1. LB- MLB if Burfict stays on the outside, OLB if he moves. Rey-Rey's time is up.
    2. WR #2- I still don't see one on this roster. Dalton needs WEAPONS if this offense is ever going to be productive.
    3. SS- This defense badly needs an Earl Thomas-like playmaker.
    4. RB- See #2. BJGE is not the every-down back we need. At a minimum get a platoon partner that can break open a big play.
    5. DE- I think Geathers time has passed. We need a significant pass rusher on the outside.
    6. OL- Hopefully they re-sign Andre Smith and Boling continues to improve. But this is an area to watch.

And here are my favorite targets for the draft at this early juncture:

1. Manti Teo MLB Notre Dame
    2. Jarvis Jones OLB/DE Georgia
    3. Eric Reid S LSU

And in the second round:

1. Safties Kenny Vaccaro (Texas) or TJ McDonald (USC)
    2. WR Justin Hunter (Tennessee) or Keenan Allen (Cal)
    Last edited by Benihana; 11-01-2012 at 05:01 PM.
    Go BLUE!!!

Turn Off Ads?